closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PRS 18A FULL METAL JACKET

PRS 18A FULL METAL JACKET

oh, BLAST!

yes, precisely!

I have to say I just love this combination and how it makes the 18 such a black & white (also metaphorically speaking) watch.

It feels important yet dynamic on the blasted lumpy, like some type of assault vehicle.

yeah!

Master
    ^ Hi Bubi. It does look good on that. It reminds me a bit of the style bracelets Breitling used for some of their models around the turn of the millennia, and I always liked those --- never had one though. Yours looks very good and I'm sure at a fraction of the cost Breitling would charge for something like that. Nicely fashioned solid straight end-links that can likely fit almost any 20mm lug watch so very versatile too. I can also see the analogy to tank tracks
    Last edited by Rollon; 21st November 2013 at 12:56. Reason: misspelled millen[n]ia

Is that the one that was on the sales forums recently? If so, I narrowly missed picking that up myself to accompany my 18Q. Looks like a nice alternative to the usual NATO.

the 14 is on sale the 18 is staying

funnily, I got into tz to buy a zeno, then a 14 and thn I finally made my first purchase with the 18.
    then eventually bought a 14 as well and no zeno.

anyway, I once exchanged watches, an oris pointer date for a seiko 007, which came with a lumpy bracelet that I never considered straight away.
    then a year or so on I really got into it. I'ts very thick and macho, kicks ass on divers.

So after a while i went looking for a blasted 20mm lumpy for the 18, but like there was only one guy in Australia making them and they never showed up un sc.
    Then I had an idea and asked yobokies to blast me one of his lumpys and he said sure why not.

It was that easy... too bad I realised it after three or four years...

so, anyway, that's the story for you.

PS: breitling bracelets are not lumpy and kind of asymmetrical in the fitting, which really freaks me out.

Boy I bet that weighs a ton. The PRS18 head alone is heavy enough to draw blood if dropped on one's person (as I found to my cost when I dropped it on my toe). There is an ongoing discussion about which modern watch Bond would wear. Fleming talks about Bond using his watch as a knuckle duster. I'd say the PRS18 + a lumpy would be useful mano a mano and probably be enough to take on Genghis Khan and the Golden Horde. Looks good too.

Gives the watch an entirely different look and fits the short lugs really well! Nice!

I like the look of that as well. The observations on additional weight strike a chord with me, I figure that I would end up with one arm longer than the other wearing such a combination. Does look good though!

Craftsman

As the others have said, that really does look the business. I have two 18s, an A and a Q, both on Natos, I think the A might be in for an upgrade!

Journeyman
    Looks killer on that bracelet. Very nice.

Absolutely awesome. I love my 18Q and that bracelet would beef it up nicely.

David

Absolute beauty! This is all a military watch is supposed to be - heavy, chunky, you can use it as a hammer:) Wear it well!

Craftsman
    Looks a great combo

Well I have been looking for an excuse to buy one...