closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smiths Diver PRS-68 Review Online

Quote Originally Posted by cotto View Post
    What a fantastic review. Has me looking at this watch in a whole new light
    Yup! I was so sure to dump mine but Ewan's review screwed all my plans up.

PRS-68 13060108 is here and I must say that, even close to a real beutiful 1974 Seiko 6105-8110, ... it shines.

The packaging, the SS bracelet and the rubber strap, everything is a beauty.

Ewan, your review has been VERY helpful, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    PRS-68 13060108 is here and I must say that, even close to a real beutiful 1974 Seiko 6105-8110, ... it shines.

The packaging, the SS bracelet and the rubber strap, everything is a beauty.

Ewan, your review has been VERY helpful, thank you.
    Glad you like your '68! It sounds as if you are as impressed as I am - I can't stop staring at this watch; quite mesmerising!

Craftsman
    Thanks for sharring

Master
    Thread resurrection.

After looking at a PRS-68 on SC recently and thinking of buying it I stumbled on this review and what a superb review it is. One of the most thorough reviews I’ve ever read and probably the best. He certainly paints a positive picture of the PRS-68. The said watch sold while I was at work giving it serious consideration unfortunately.

How many of you kept the watch and still wear the Smiths on a regular basis? Was it a long term keeper that is a comfortable every day wear?

Thanks for the review, a little bit late in my reply but I suppose it proves it’s still being read and enjoyed.

I picked up mine 2nd hand about 16 months ago and it has been one of my most worn watches ever since. You don't see a huge number of them come through SC, which suggests to me that people are holding onto them. It's hugely comfortable, legible and well balanced, well worth getting one if you have the chance.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Journeyman
    Yep, wear mine on a daily basis and it has the bumps and scrapes to show for it.
    Recently put it back on its original bracelet having had it in mesh for a few years.
    The kids in the school I work at often comment on how nice it is.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Mine gets worn from time to time 😊 but generally on a NATO. Superbly made watch.

Craftsman
    I'm new to Timefactors ... and just starting out in catching up on the content on the site and in the forums. The PRS-68 looks like a great watch, but man alive ... what a review !!! In this modern 30 second society we live in, it is refreshing to see that someone still cares enough to craft something like this ... great job ! It almost deserves to be made into a Youtube video LOL.

I particular enjoyed this line : "The Smiths PRS-68 is a perplexing visual cornucopia of eclectic elements that somehow combine to form an object possessing a strange beauty."

Would love to see how this watch wears on a small wrist (say 6.5", 6.75") - can any owner oblige ?

Quote Originally Posted by oiljam View Post
    Thread resurrection.

After looking at a PRS-68 on SC recently and thinking of buying it I stumbled on this review and what a superb review it is. One of the most thorough reviews I’ve ever read and probably the best. He certainly paints a positive picture of the PRS-68. The said watch sold while I was at work giving it serious consideration unfortunately.

How many of you kept the watch and still wear the Smiths on a regular basis? Was it a long term keeper that is a comfortable every day wear?

Thanks for the review, a little bit late in my reply but I suppose it proves it’s still being read and enjoyed.
    That would probably be me, keep looking its worth the effort, Ive been wearing mine every day since picking it up on SC. The Miyota movement is quite impressive, when the watch arrived it was losing 5 secs or so a day and after regulating its now a second positive a day worn and resting at night, the finish of the movement also seems much better quality than low end Seiko so a good choice by Eddie.
    Its five years since the review but having finally read it in full I want to than Ewan for writing it, top drawer stuff!
    Keith

One of the best things about a new TF watch is a new Ewan review.