closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Advice on Ebay Daytona

Advice on Ebay Daytona

I know there are a few Rolex guys on here. Just wanting some views on whether the Daytona in this auction looks genuine:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROLEX-OYST...item1c377106a3

There's decent photos on the auction and its a long time Ebay member, but with relative few transactions.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mattjg01 View Post
    I know there are a few Rolex guys on here. Just wanting some views on whether the Daytona in this auction looks genuine:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROLEX-OYST...item1c377106a3

There's decent photos on the auction and its a long time Ebay member, but with relative few transactions.
    Avoid. If there wasnt something fishy about it, it would have sold early doors.

cant believe you would consider this after reading

*( I will only ship with insurance ) Collection: Please allow 5 days to arrange for collection Payment: For this item/ amount of money I prefer payment by bank 2 bank/ wire. No exceptions. Must pay within 24hours of auction winning the auction.

Pay by bank transfer wait 5 days then come and collect. Pull the other one.
    Last edited by JPCain86; 13th October 2013 at 20:59.

The more fundamental Q for me would be if the pics are of the actual watch for sale.

If they are then it looks pretty good but after all it is Ebay.......................
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    The more fundamental Q for me would be if the pics are of the actual watch for sale.

If they are then it looks pretty good but after all it is Ebay.......................
    That's the big problem, particularly as item is located in Scotland which would be very difficult for me to organise a trip in the near future!

Quote Originally Posted by mattjg01 View Post
    That's the big problem, particularly as item is located in Scotland which would be very difficult for me to organise a trip in the near future!
    Indeed - given the fees (potentially) on a watch of that value added to the Ebay spectre it really hinges around if you have enough time to travel and get it verified at an AD or enough spare cash to take a punt and risk the hassle of a claim back though Paypal/Ebay.

For me it is just too cheap given the seller will have to pay fees and on the S/H market they are around £1k more.

If only I did have the sort of money that would allow me to take a punt and then make a claim if necessary. Unfortunately, it would still be a very painful lesson if a purchase that size went wrong. Will probably have to let this one go.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Has everyone missed the point the seller says bank transfer only. Its a complete scam!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    Has everyone missed the point the seller says bank transfer only. Its a complete scam!
    See second post.

Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    No, have you read the other posts?

Master
    I've asked if its possible to view the watch, and pay with cash. My eBay feedback is quite big (40000+) so he won't be able to try the old "too many dodgy characters about, can't take the chance" line.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    No, have you read the other posts?
    Yes, whats your point? I made the 2nd post since then no one mentioned it but a couple of people made the point of paying by paypal and being safe.

iirc ebay fees top out at £70, it's the blanket 4%(ish) paypal fee that high value item sellers want to avoid

I'm not nearly enough of an expert to comment on the validity of the Daytona pix on ebay, I'll just say that if it's too good to be true, then.... would've thought the same watch on SC would be £6500 minimum...
    Last edited by adzman808; 13th October 2013 at 21:43.

Think it's safe to say that this is one that will be avoided. Thanks for all the responses.

There's one word in the listing that would make me wary: Cumnock. It's not really Daytona territory.
    ______

​Jim.

Master
    Notice the listing has ended, and you can see all the "best offers" now.

He hasn't left any feedback in about 15 months, perhaps a hijacked account?

Banned
    I think the £50 quid offer was the most accurate.

He previously sold the same watch on the 24th September.