closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Oris Crow Tube Problems

Apprentice

Oris Crow Tube Problems

Hi
    Problems with a Big Crown Oris ??

I have 7502 case Oris with a stripped crown tube, i can not seem to locate a tube for this,
    I have been in touch with Chris Heal who suggested i contact Andrew Charles who politely told me to poke it when i asked them for a tube, they asked if i was trade, i said no but it would not be a problem fitting it myself :-/

Has anyone managed to fix one by way of finding someone who will sell a tube or know of a generic or alternative make that will fit ??

Many thanks

Apprentice
    ... for those unaware Chris Heal is Chealwatch Ltd who say they can supply Oris Parts, Andrew Charles Ltd are the official Oris repair centre.

it appears what these guys are wanting is for me to send in the watch £7x2 SD postage, then one of their engineers to look at the watch, scratch his head then push in the tube, maybe takes 10s give or take a second or two. then fill in an invoice for £50 plus part £2.99 ???

Have you tried Cousinsuk.com? I couldn't see a tube listed specifically for Oris cases, but they have crowns and stuff so I would guess they would be able to order one in even if they don't stock it.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
    Have you tried Cousinsuk.com? I couldn't see a tube listed specifically for Oris cases, but they have crowns and stuff so I would guess they would be able to order one in even if they don't stock it.
    Yeah, phoned cousins and they could not help, they do stock crowns but no tubes, i gather its mainly the tubes that strip as they are made of a soft steel.
    I had a look at the tubes they sell and could not find anything to match.
    Been to my local watch repair guy and another one i found about 20 miles away, both replied (with a sharp intake of breath) you will be luck to find one of them :-/
    To me it looks like Oris are holding back the tubes as it is good money spinner for them.

Quote Originally Posted by elamskroy View Post
    Yeah, phoned cousins and they could not help, they do stock crowns but no tubes, i gather its mainly the tubes that strip as they are made of a soft steel.
    I had a look at the tubes they sell and could not find anything to match.
    Been to my local watch repair guy and another one i found about 20 miles away, both replied (with a sharp intake of breath) you will be luck to find one of them :-/
    To me it looks like Oris are holding back the tubes as it is good money spinner for them.
    Looking at the Oris forum it seems the tube - and it's availability - is not an UNheard of issue ;(
    Last edited by Cirrus; 4th October 2013 at 23:57.

How did you remove the old tube?

Give these guys a go: http://www.creativewatch.co.uk/repairs/oris

Oh, and before you think of using Chealwatch for any repairs, check them out using the forum search function...

Perhaps worth trying the Friends of Oris forum - I used to be a regular a few years ago. One reason for mentioning this specific forum is that a regular contributor there is a very helpful Canadian watchmaker (Archerwatches) who also works on Oris watches, so he might be able to source you a tube. Just a thought.

Edit: Just notice that he has a website: www.archerwatches.ca/

Blog Entries
    Is the crown signed?

Grand Master
    Getting the old tube out is usually a problem....either a minor problem or a major one! One of those jobs I don`t like doing.

As for replacement parts, Cousins may do a generic tube that's suitable. Ironically, tubes are cheap to buy but getting the old one out and sourcing the correct one can be a real pain.

Paul

I've just replaced the crown and tube on a PRS-11 hence my question! It wouldn't press out but a 2mm drill got the walls down to .015 thick and it actually pulled straight out afterwards. My concern wasn't with removing it as such, more about doing the job without damaging the PVD finish. I don't relish doing that sort of work (or removing tight bezels) on PVD'd watches. No matter how well you tape them up to protect them there always that tiny chance of leaving a mark.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannop View Post
    How did you remove the old tube?
    Sorry for the delay in getting back :-/

I had a local guy with a press remove it.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by igorRIJEKA View Post
    Is the crown signed?
    Yes the crown is signed.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Give these guys a go: http://www.creativewatch.co.uk/repairs/oris

Oh, and before you think of using Chealwatch for any repairs, check them out using the forum search function...
    I have just inquired at creative watches and got the most abrupt
    "Sorry we are unable to help you on this occasion."

When asked if i sent it in they could fix it i got
    "If you send it in we will look at it for you and advise on a price."

So its, yes we have the part but we want to charge you a small fortune for popping in a tube that takes less than 5 mins