closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 111

Thread: The Ultimate Curry Resource

  1. #1
    Administrator swanbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    46,561

    The Ultimate Curry Resource

    I had a chat with an old customer yesterday (from the Zeno days) and I remembered that he was obsessive about his coffee and his curries so to conversation ended up in that direction. He said he'd compiled a few curry-related links over the years and asked if I would like them. Of course I would like them but I didn't expect this!

    Sauces


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwAeKdlPAc0 Kapoor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sqqmNFoVSk Gravies Prempal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwAeKdlPAc0 Indian Curry Recipe Kapoor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz0dOmVS0KY Pre-cook
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePsxOc-awsI How to pre-cook Chicken
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTLHl2zuC58 Curry Base Sauce
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqYL_xqbu44 VINDALOO Leviteish
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4xYv0R2UJw MADRAS h4ppyleader
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYQDFpec4DU RICE h4ppyleader
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUepodGVYWw PILAU RICE Datchet
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMDsaXLqFZI STAFF CURRY h4ppyleader
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjPEVG6tfp4 CHICKEN BALTI pabda20
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A91qv2O5eQw How Base Gravy is made h4ppyleader
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZeU1Wm1thQ Basic onion and tomato sauce VaChef
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws6gV...=TLx9TLTOJ2MkM Pujabi red gravy Crazy4veggie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPnNs6GAuuI Spice Mix
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VO_Q...=TL0tzCbp4Df1g Spice Mix
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjP6YI1engg Restaurent Curry
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqYL_xqbu44 Best Vindaloo

    Breads and Rice

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WYSLoxVoLg Maki ki Rpti recipesyoulike
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mceH1VrWo8U Makki ki Roti Seema (Not Press Cooker)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FzTM6xxl3M Corn Roti
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BepMlJWc2Y Corn Roti Two ladies
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiYi6r73PG0 Millet Roti Two Ladies
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4vYWMtcS7g Chapati Inform
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y8zYROtW1k
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bePX9jhD1nU Chapati Bajia
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD4o_Lmy6bU Chapati Manjula
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0obWYtVW2oY Chapatis Bhavna
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KebDZaFAHTE Veg Pulau Rice Bhavna
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8H5ubzQzKQ Paratha Seema
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUcVlGze5lQ Paratha (Plain) Manjula Husbands Favourite
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIZ5F6WcBpI Lacha Paratha Manjula
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btY8c82RWgI Gobi Paratha Manjula
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHqZlKrfbGg Aloo Paratha Manjula
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcBR-fa7Lf4 Methi Thepla (Methi Paratha) manjula
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SM5E...token=27332565 Paratha
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYSWGYDcL3w Aloo Parathas
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU7xTW7V3zg Lachcha Parantha Inform
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2rOW3Za1h8 Gobi Paratha Two Ladies
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLHmh3wztUY Mooli Paratha Bajia
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTYe4M0l57g White Radish Paratha (English) Bajias
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmcbenSHems Radish stuffed Indian bread two ladies
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjSCnFLsum0 Aloo Paratha Bajia
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YLbKQRezQs Baldaar paratha Bajia
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB2vu2eDG90 Spinach Paratha Manjula
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4adzQcZZklE Palak lachcha Parantha (Spinach Paratha) Kapoor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0Jv6VoFQhl Sinach Lachcha Paratha (English)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbRQqAJvtIU Spinach Paratha Two ladies (Showme the curry.com)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SM5EMi52Gs Lachha Paratha (Mulyi layered) Good one
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt_B3HuCYcQ Spinach tortillas Bhavna
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xTMQpM14_U Onion Paraths VaChef
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0Fx2DCAM_Q Sindhi Masala Koki (Thick Paratha/Onion chilli ets.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVQEC...6D39BBE229C82D KAPOORS VIDS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbZVk...3FAC6D2BF7A538 PAKISTANI VIDS

    Veggie Curries


    Bhavnas kitchen/Manjulas Kitchen/Maahgupta81 (Veggies)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5x4VcIH_1Q Veg Curry Manjula
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNBw9nyR5g0 Veg Tikka Masala Bhavna DIFFERENT MASALAS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1-BWmLII88 Aloo Methi Kapoor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ8sDvASVGE Aloo Gobi Manjula
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqAPLLlJsPQ Aloo Gobi Adrakhi Kapoor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh_u1sYe9k0 Aloo Gobi Peas
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqAPLLlJsPQ Aloo Gobi
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnK0CcEZ5VM Aloo Gobi Peas Masala (two ladies)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__1gzMrwIBc Adraki Gobi (Cauliflower) Prempal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IucKm...=TL9_C1jq9oe3U Crunchy Cauliflower Recipe
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c_XTg8torE Mixed Veg Pujabi Style
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmvSCp71_ls Same Bhavna
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEDRsR4gg0c Pumpkin Seema
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8XppCJW6rU Spicy Potatoe (Her Favourite curry)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Iem0zXQe9ASpicy Spicy Potato Manjula
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZPlxf0r-Xw Jeera Aloo Prempal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh_u1sYe9k0 Aloo Matter Manjula
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RajshriFood?v=zFKSABnCcR0 Dum Aloo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdGtxnEh0zQ Mattar Paneer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4LnjVpUXCY Paneer Tikka Masala Maahgupta81
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4LnjVpUXCY Paneer Tikka Masala Manjulas Kitchen
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9An89Yc79Q Chilli Paneer Bhavna
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pucpn8GjxX8 Cabbage Masala Bitch
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiDMmrRcvOQ Chola (Chana Masala) Manjula

    Bhindi

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yatzD1bJrfM Bhindi Masala Manjula
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f59EoAGY0U4 Bhindi Masala Bhavna
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMzP_BrNACs Bhindi Sabji Bhavna
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlQeCWbvtP4 Bhindi Sabzi (Informative girl) with or without onions
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEE7r9vleb0 Pujabi Bhindi Kapoor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu_bPm5ekQE Aloo Bhindi

    Dhal


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydFszkTuesE Methi Dal Kapoor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHh6dRdeISc Dal Two ladies
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1gLvh3LE1o Punjabi Black and Chana Dal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH2TAITLYwg Mix Dhal Bitch
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOjkI...=TLZ1PzJ-lMCkg Dal Informative
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4D855Q9-jg Not Bad
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOjkIXJ1iOM Tarka Dhal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2wBS2AXaIg Dhal Bhavnas Kitchen
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEDRsR4gg0c Chana Dal Seema
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtN_I...=TLgyTNttTIfYI Tadka Daal Fry Crazy4Veggie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxinLuxzvBw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef8IV-jmnRQ Garam Masala Hindi
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c3pQxEo6Kw Green Chutney
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Od1cSyNa44 Onion Chutney
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaeAw...feature=relmfu Grinder
    http://www.indiancurryFried Chickenrecipes-cbm.com/online-store.php Book

    Fish Curries

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOJOl...=TLad0BP0AEKP8 Nellore Fish Curry Recipe
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsnzYcjBabg Prawn curry
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGtLb62EXmE Prawn Bhuna Kapoor

    Meat Curries


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rk7X8hrGJg Goat Curry Dark (Brown Onions) USA Indian
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3uumCan5VE Roasted????? VaChef
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3ew5M-hFX0 BHUNA GOSHT Kapoor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHZ9t...HLBgRDwW9H2qHQ Bhuna Gosht Bajias
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF9lu...HLBgRDwW9H2qHQ Bhuna Gosht 2 Bajias
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzEWN34Lqis Kahrai Gohst (The Bullet) Bajias
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsL_OL_Zh4Y Khara Masala Gosht Bajia
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXTvpfS98q4 Bhuna Ghost (Goat Miaseat – Shaheen)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDDDjgc75oU Best Bengali Mutton
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI-vgcqOioU Best Bhuna Gosht Seema (NOT PRESS COOKER)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGsF5p_Rvck Mutton Rezala (with paste)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsukGIidetE Mutton Sukka (dry)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy46GY3erPM Gongura Mutton VaChef
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy46GY3erPM Dry Mutton VaChef
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpeVZI3jbPQ Methi Mutton Recipe
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6tGYVserdQ Mutton Mandakini Two Ladies Recipe
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC85a1Ox1kE Chilli Mutton Fry Recipe
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKoGb20Ngcs Basic Mutton Curry (Pressure Cooker) Very Informative
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcfvCrX-Lts Andrha Mutton Curry (with slices of Onion)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSalFN08kYI Street Mutton Karahi Fazal E Haq
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDwzmrlBJpI Basic Lamb Curry
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E3kulJRzGY Lamb Vindaloo VaChef ?????????????????????
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arQZ2m0hMSU Mutton Curry Shri Lankan ( USA)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1RgI4R8VX4 Rogan Josh
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVKDZtQkBeE Kasmiri Rogan Josh Pt.1 Sanjiv 1960
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLNN564tMrI Pt.2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugl3jTDd3YM Mutton Rogan Josh Guru Wadhwa
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cb9-zc0Gw4 STREET CURRY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPS2qz3mKHg Kerala Style Dry Fry Lamb
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFhLshGajes Kerala Beef Fry
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o1HLx-NkMU Same
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FGmU...ABB362171615FC Same
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeCpZ8rRxj8 Hot Spicy chilli beef Fry

    Chicken Curries


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN_NjVKl2e4 Fried Chicken Lady
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLLJhL7T4Yo Same Kapoor

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWoxlXWGYTA Mothers Chicken Curry
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFP3eKyFxJs Kolhapuri Chicken
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwUVb-3T9xo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogDbCp1Wc6M
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0SPXN0YZdQ Kadhai Chicken
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba0Lsa5vdM4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3TNrVMogH0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpqP43npDnQ Butter Chicken Kapoor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nzHXxasZ8E Same
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E_1AuGVVfU ????
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh-SZ1drOMc Tikka Masala Turban
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3SHbgrvj2Q Chicken Tikka Masala Kapoor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpqP43npDnQ Butter Chicken Kapoor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxinLuxzvBw Chicken curry Bhajias
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A92UMsGOSmg Home Rest Vindaloo with Packet
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MjP_WF02rM vindaloo Packet
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi0V_w2pIcI Dry Chicken Vindaloo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZnHF_ImXBE Chilli Chicken
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXH_qHZdYv4 Chicken Phal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPTHrwrNS_g Favourite Chicken Curry (Boiled Chicken)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWN-...9C82D&index=30 Sizzling Ginger Chicken
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbrLAJfYBpk Hyderabadi Hotel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zlmbs2sihs Hyderebadi Chicken
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AL_56kv9PY Chicken Curry
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRovp9c9e-4 Easy Chicken Curry
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auh1K8zR6JI Outdoor Chicken Curry
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi0V_w2pIcI Chicken Vindaloo (Tamil Nadu??)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-StP__CKQQ Chicken Curry Pan Asia

    Green Curries


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvJIMn8xI68 Coriander Chicken VaChef
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm1H5peDBjE Green Chicken Curry
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuAUPxxhPu8 Green Chicken Curry

    I haven't checked all the links so if there are any dead ones, please let me know.

    Bon appetit!

    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

  2. #2
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Englandshire
    Posts
    1,613
    merci beaucoup monsieur.....

  3. #3
    Grand Master Carlton-Browne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Berlin, London and sometimes Dublin
    Posts
    12,482
    Excellent stuff! That mattar paneer recipe is going to get some use in the next few days. I would say a glaring omission is a Sambar recipe which is something of a staple in the south. Manjula seems to have it covered though; probably best listed under Dhal.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibooNNQDl0c
    Die Zeit verwandelt uns nicht, sie entfaltet uns nur.

  4. #4
    Craftsman jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sunny Swansea
    Posts
    820
    Wow! Thanks for that

    As a family of veggies we have a significant love of Indian food. We will be looking through the Veggie and Dal selection with great interest. I doubt the neighbours will thank you though!

    jeff

  5. #5
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    2,055
    Thanks Eddie that will keep me happy for days deciding what to cook first!

  6. #6
    Grand Master Chris_in_the_UK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Norf Yorks
    Posts
    36,474
    Many thanks Eddie!
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

  7. #7
    Wow - does that lady have any daughters in need of a husband? Me first

    Now, where on earth am I going to find devils dung, or asafoetida , for my veggie curry?

    (No, its not the same as troll dung, so I don't want any from here, no matter how many tonnes there are here thankyou)

    Brilliant reference there Eddie, obliged!

  8. #8
    Master MerlinShepherd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brighton, East Sussex
    Posts
    3,546
    That's a fantastic resource Eddie. Many thanks for posting. On my return to the UK on Monday I'm going to make a start on some of those!

  9. #9
    Grand Master GraniteQuarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Aberdeen, UK
    Posts
    25,885
    Jesus, that is one monty load of air biscuits!

  10. #10
    Master Skier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cheltenham, UK
    Posts
    2,047
    That's a man with a passion!

  11. #11
    Master stoneyloon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sunny Stoney by the Sea!
    Posts
    3,009
    Cheers for this Eddie...

  12. #12
    Grand Master magirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Up North hinny
    Posts
    32,070
    Just noticed this, many thanks for posting!

  13. #13
    Grand Master Carlton-Browne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Berlin, London and sometimes Dublin
    Posts
    12,482
    Quote Originally Posted by sestrel View Post
    Now, where on earth am I going to find devils dung, or asafoetida , for my veggie curry?
    I don't think it's difficult to get - I can even get it in my (predominantly Chinese) Asian market in Berlin. Packaging looks like this and a small tub goes a long way.
    Die Zeit verwandelt uns nicht, sie entfaltet uns nur.

  14. #14
    Grand Master Griswold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    17,193
    Some nice recipes there. I'm making a Prawn Curry tonight, to my own recipe though. Serving it with a nice glass of Lassi - goes much better with curry than lager does.

    I worked with a lot of Indians in the 60's and 70's and picked up lots of recipes and tips.
    Best Regards - Peter

    I hate being bipolar, its brilliant.

  15. #15
    wow; after you tried all those, you might need these:-

    http://myshreddies.com/

    I saw an advert for them at the back of Stuff Magazine & couldn't believe such a thing existed !

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    I don't think it's difficult to get - I can even get it in my (predominantly Chinese) Asian market in Berlin. Packaging looks like this and a small tub goes a long way.
    I'll give the Chinese shop a go next week- remember though I live in the third world I have only so far heard of it used in certain rituals though..

  17. #17
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    1,048
    Wow! Just spotted this - great resource, thanks.

  18. #18
    Great resource, my wife will be visiting this forum more often

  19. #19
    Blimey! this is amazing.
    I love this site.

  20. #20
    Master Wexford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,580

    The forum that keeps on giving

    Thanks Eddie, that's fantastic. I thought I had a good collection of food links, but I clearly have some way to go.

    I would add the following link and CTM recipe - The first one in the left hand pain, " CTM of the Year 2002 as voted in the Best in Britain Awards (BIBA)"

    http://www.menumagazine.co.uk/book/tikkamasala.html

    It takes two days and is amazing, best home cooked CTM I've ever had.

  21. #21
    I too would like to register my interest in this thread.

    Really got into cooking my own curries at home since the Rick Stein India TV show. I bought the book, and have made a good portion of the recipes so far. In fact today I actually found rosewater in a local chinese shop, so I'm going to give the Rosewater Lamb thingy a go. I'd love to be able to make my own bread though, mine always comes out horrible.

  22. #22
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Wakefield, West Yorkshire
    Posts
    18,275
    Stuff the watches, now we're onto the serious stuff!

    Thanks Eddie, there's hope for me yet. My local Indian Restaurant is so good that it put me off making my own.....I couldn`t get anywhere near their standards. Armed with these recipes I might have another go.

    Stopped making my own Onion Bahjis because the house stank for 3 days after each batch!

    Paul

  23. #23
    Master Pitch3110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    4,429
    Blog Entries
    1
    Lovely Mr P and Ta

    How have I missed this one

    Paul

  24. #24
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by HenPecked View Post
    I'd love to be able to make my own bread though, mine always comes out horrible.
    Fresh yeast is the secret, get it from supermarket in-store bakeries, just go and ask if you can have some. I think there's some ancient bylaw that they have to give/sell it to you.

    Take your time (prove, knead, prove in tin and bake hot then turn oven down)

    You'll crack it...

  25. #25
    Grand Master Carlton-Browne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Berlin, London and sometimes Dublin
    Posts
    12,482
    Quote Originally Posted by usedtobelurch View Post
    Fresh yeast is the secret, get it from supermarket in-store bakeries, just go and ask if you can have some. I think there's some ancient bylaw that they have to give/sell it to you.
    Surely supermarkets just bake-off some dreadful dough that's probably been flown in from a dengue pit in the middle of central Asia. If you're going to the effort then seek out your local Master Baker (I jest not). Once you've done it once then you can grow your own and you don't have to go back. Having said all of this almost of all of my bread-making is different sorts of soda bread - especially with sea weed.
    Die Zeit verwandelt uns nicht, sie entfaltet uns nur.

  26. #26
    Grand Master VDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Whitehole
    Posts
    18,986
    Now it's what a call resource Thank you for sharing Eddie and kudos to the chap who compiled it in the first place.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

  27. #27
    Craftsman and6868's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    271
    Wow, thanks for this link but where do I start!!And

  28. #28
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,278

    Thought I'll show off!!

    I am from India! I have an (un)fair advantage>
    Enjoy!!


  29. #29
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    81
    Great Sticky Love Curry

  30. #30
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I had a chat with an old customer yesterday (from the Zeno days) and I remembered that he was obsessive about his coffee and his curries so to conversation ended up in that direction. He said he'd compiled a few curry-related links over the years and asked if I would like them. Of course I would like them but I didn't expect this!

    Sauces


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwAeKdlPAc0 Kapoor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sqqmNFoVSk Gravies Prempal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwAeKdlPAc0 Indian Curry Recipe Kapoor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz0dOmVS0KY Pre-cook
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePsxOc-awsI How to pre-cook Chicken
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTLHl2zuC58 Curry Base Sauce
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqYL_xqbu44 VINDALOO Leviteish
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4xYv0R2UJw MADRAS h4ppyleader
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYQDFpec4DU RICE h4ppyleader
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUepodGVYWw PILAU RICE Datchet
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMDsaXLqFZI STAFF CURRY h4ppyleader
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjPEVG6tfp4 CHICKEN BALTI pabda20
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A91qv2O5eQw How Base Gravy is made h4ppyleader
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZeU1Wm1thQ Basic onion and tomato sauce VaChef
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws6gV...=TLx9TLTOJ2MkM Pujabi red gravy Crazy4veggie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPnNs6GAuuI Spice Mix
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VO_Q...=TL0tzCbp4Df1g Spice Mix
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjP6YI1engg Restaurent Curry
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqYL_xqbu44 Best Vindaloo

    Breads and Rice

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WYSLoxVoLg Maki ki Rpti recipesyoulike
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mceH1VrWo8U Makki ki Roti Seema (Not Press Cooker)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FzTM6xxl3M Corn Roti
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BepMlJWc2Y Corn Roti Two ladies
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiYi6r73PG0 Millet Roti Two Ladies
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4vYWMtcS7g Chapati Inform
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y8zYROtW1k
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bePX9jhD1nU Chapati Bajia
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD4o_Lmy6bU Chapati Manjula
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0obWYtVW2oY Chapatis Bhavna
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KebDZaFAHTE Veg Pulau Rice Bhavna
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8H5ubzQzKQ Paratha Seema
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUcVlGze5lQ Paratha (Plain) Manjula Husbands Favourite
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIZ5F6WcBpI Lacha Paratha Manjula
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btY8c82RWgI Gobi Paratha Manjula
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHqZlKrfbGg Aloo Paratha Manjula
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcBR-fa7Lf4 Methi Thepla (Methi Paratha) manjula
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SM5E...token=27332565 Paratha
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYSWGYDcL3w Aloo Parathas
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU7xTW7V3zg Lachcha Parantha Inform
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2rOW3Za1h8 Gobi Paratha Two Ladies
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLHmh3wztUY Mooli Paratha Bajia
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTYe4M0l57g White Radish Paratha (English) Bajias
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmcbenSHems Radish stuffed Indian bread two ladies
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjSCnFLsum0 Aloo Paratha Bajia
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YLbKQRezQs Baldaar paratha Bajia
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB2vu2eDG90 Spinach Paratha Manjula
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4adzQcZZklE Palak lachcha Parantha (Spinach Paratha) Kapoor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0Jv6VoFQhl Sinach Lachcha Paratha (English)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbRQqAJvtIU Spinach Paratha Two ladies (Showme the curry.com)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SM5EMi52Gs Lachha Paratha (Mulyi layered) Good one
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt_B3HuCYcQ Spinach tortillas Bhavna
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xTMQpM14_U Onion Paraths VaChef
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0Fx2DCAM_Q Sindhi Masala Koki (Thick Paratha/Onion chilli ets.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVQEC...6D39BBE229C82D KAPOORS VIDS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbZVk...3FAC6D2BF7A538 PAKISTANI VIDS

    Veggie Curries


    Bhavnas kitchen/Manjulas Kitchen/Maahgupta81 (Veggies)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5x4VcIH_1Q Veg Curry Manjula
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNBw9nyR5g0 Veg Tikka Masala Bhavna DIFFERENT MASALAS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1-BWmLII88 Aloo Methi Kapoor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ8sDvASVGE Aloo Gobi Manjula
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqAPLLlJsPQ Aloo Gobi Adrakhi Kapoor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh_u1sYe9k0 Aloo Gobi Peas
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqAPLLlJsPQ Aloo Gobi
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnK0CcEZ5VM Aloo Gobi Peas Masala (two ladies)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__1gzMrwIBc Adraki Gobi (Cauliflower) Prempal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IucKm...=TL9_C1jq9oe3U Crunchy Cauliflower Recipe
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c_XTg8torE Mixed Veg Pujabi Style
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmvSCp71_ls Same Bhavna
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEDRsR4gg0c Pumpkin Seema
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8XppCJW6rU Spicy Potatoe (Her Favourite curry)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Iem0zXQe9ASpicy Spicy Potato Manjula
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZPlxf0r-Xw Jeera Aloo Prempal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh_u1sYe9k0 Aloo Matter Manjula
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RajshriFood?v=zFKSABnCcR0 Dum Aloo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdGtxnEh0zQ Mattar Paneer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4LnjVpUXCY Paneer Tikka Masala Maahgupta81
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4LnjVpUXCY Paneer Tikka Masala Manjulas Kitchen
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9An89Yc79Q Chilli Paneer Bhavna
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pucpn8GjxX8 Cabbage Masala Bitch
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiDMmrRcvOQ Chola (Chana Masala) Manjula

    Bhindi

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yatzD1bJrfM Bhindi Masala Manjula
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f59EoAGY0U4 Bhindi Masala Bhavna
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMzP_BrNACs Bhindi Sabji Bhavna
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlQeCWbvtP4 Bhindi Sabzi (Informative girl) with or without onions
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEE7r9vleb0 Pujabi Bhindi Kapoor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu_bPm5ekQE Aloo Bhindi

    Dhal


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydFszkTuesE Methi Dal Kapoor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHh6dRdeISc Dal Two ladies
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1gLvh3LE1o Punjabi Black and Chana Dal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH2TAITLYwg Mix Dhal Bitch
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOjkI...=TLZ1PzJ-lMCkg Dal Informative
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4D855Q9-jg Not Bad
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOjkIXJ1iOM Tarka Dhal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2wBS2AXaIg Dhal Bhavnas Kitchen
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEDRsR4gg0c Chana Dal Seema
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtN_I...=TLgyTNttTIfYI Tadka Daal Fry Crazy4Veggie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxinLuxzvBw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef8IV-jmnRQ Garam Masala Hindi
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c3pQxEo6Kw Green Chutney
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Od1cSyNa44 Onion Chutney
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaeAw...feature=relmfu Grinder
    http://www.indiancurryFried Chickenrecipes-cbm.com/online-store.php Book

    Fish Curries

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOJOl...=TLad0BP0AEKP8 Nellore Fish Curry Recipe
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsnzYcjBabg Prawn curry
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGtLb62EXmE Prawn Bhuna Kapoor

    Meat Curries


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rk7X8hrGJg Goat Curry Dark (Brown Onions) USA Indian
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3uumCan5VE Roasted????? VaChef
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3ew5M-hFX0 BHUNA GOSHT Kapoor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHZ9t...HLBgRDwW9H2qHQ Bhuna Gosht Bajias
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF9lu...HLBgRDwW9H2qHQ Bhuna Gosht 2 Bajias
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzEWN34Lqis Kahrai Gohst (The Bullet) Bajias
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsL_OL_Zh4Y Khara Masala Gosht Bajia
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXTvpfS98q4 Bhuna Ghost (Goat Miaseat – Shaheen)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDDDjgc75oU Best Bengali Mutton
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI-vgcqOioU Best Bhuna Gosht Seema (NOT PRESS COOKER)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGsF5p_Rvck Mutton Rezala (with paste)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsukGIidetE Mutton Sukka (dry)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy46GY3erPM Gongura Mutton VaChef
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy46GY3erPM Dry Mutton VaChef
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpeVZI3jbPQ Methi Mutton Recipe
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6tGYVserdQ Mutton Mandakini Two Ladies Recipe
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC85a1Ox1kE Chilli Mutton Fry Recipe
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKoGb20Ngcs Basic Mutton Curry (Pressure Cooker) Very Informative
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcfvCrX-Lts Andrha Mutton Curry (with slices of Onion)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSalFN08kYI Street Mutton Karahi Fazal E Haq
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDwzmrlBJpI Basic Lamb Curry
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E3kulJRzGY Lamb Vindaloo VaChef ?????????????????????
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arQZ2m0hMSU Mutton Curry Shri Lankan ( USA)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1RgI4R8VX4 Rogan Josh
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVKDZtQkBeE Kasmiri Rogan Josh Pt.1 Sanjiv 1960
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLNN564tMrI Pt.2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugl3jTDd3YM Mutton Rogan Josh Guru Wadhwa
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cb9-zc0Gw4 STREET CURRY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPS2qz3mKHg Kerala Style Dry Fry Lamb
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFhLshGajes Kerala Beef Fry
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o1HLx-NkMU Same
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FGmU...ABB362171615FC Same
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeCpZ8rRxj8 Hot Spicy chilli beef Fry

    Chicken Curries


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN_NjVKl2e4 Fried Chicken Lady
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLLJhL7T4Yo Same Kapoor

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWoxlXWGYTA Mothers Chicken Curry
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFP3eKyFxJs Kolhapuri Chicken
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwUVb-3T9xo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogDbCp1Wc6M
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0SPXN0YZdQ Kadhai Chicken
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba0Lsa5vdM4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3TNrVMogH0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpqP43npDnQ Butter Chicken Kapoor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nzHXxasZ8E Same
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E_1AuGVVfU ????
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh-SZ1drOMc Tikka Masala Turban
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3SHbgrvj2Q Chicken Tikka Masala Kapoor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpqP43npDnQ Butter Chicken Kapoor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxinLuxzvBw Chicken curry Bhajias
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A92UMsGOSmg Home Rest Vindaloo with Packet
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MjP_WF02rM vindaloo Packet
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi0V_w2pIcI Dry Chicken Vindaloo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZnHF_ImXBE Chilli Chicken
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXH_qHZdYv4 Chicken Phal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPTHrwrNS_g Favourite Chicken Curry (Boiled Chicken)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWN-...9C82D&index=30 Sizzling Ginger Chicken
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbrLAJfYBpk Hyderabadi Hotel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zlmbs2sihs Hyderebadi Chicken
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AL_56kv9PY Chicken Curry
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRovp9c9e-4 Easy Chicken Curry
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auh1K8zR6JI Outdoor Chicken Curry
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi0V_w2pIcI Chicken Vindaloo (Tamil Nadu??)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-StP__CKQQ Chicken Curry Pan Asia

    Green Curries


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvJIMn8xI68 Coriander Chicken VaChef
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm1H5peDBjE Green Chicken Curry
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuAUPxxhPu8 Green Chicken Curry

    I haven't checked all the links so if there are any dead ones, please let me know.

    Bon appetit!

    Eddie
    There goes my diet - Again. I wouldn't mind but I started at lunchtime

  31. #31
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    170
    i always thought Rick Stein was a tv numpty, but some of his recipes are soooo tasty!

  32. #32
    Master yumma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chelmsford, UK
    Posts
    1,775

    For a Great Curry recipe Jamie Oliver knows a thing or two

    Well worth looking at Jamie Oliver's Ministry of Food. His Korma from scratch is a thing of wonder, usually I'll avoid Korma like the Plague, but Jamie seems to like his chilli's and this recipe is fantastic. His others in the book and his Kedgerie are very nice too.

  33. #33
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    557
    This is a great curry site although more geared towards restaurant curries rather than authentic Indian.

    http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry...pic,422.0.html

    The base sauce recipes are well worth a look. Even got one of mine on there
    Last edited by Petewon; 7th October 2014 at 18:09.

  34. #34
    Grand Master Carlton-Browne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Berlin, London and sometimes Dublin
    Posts
    12,482
    As a matter of interest, does anybody have a proven and cast-iron recipe for chicken/lamb Do Piaza. I can't seem to find one above and the googling I've done so far produces results that are all over the place.

  35. #35
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    As a matter of interest, does anybody have a proven and cast-iron recipe for chicken/lamb Do Piaza. I can't seem to find one above and the googling I've done so far produces results that are all over the place.

    Tried by yours truly, substitute mutton for lamb + deseed red & green chillies (can reduce the number of green chillies as well), half garam masala
    Enjoy with buttered nan!
    http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com/recipe/...-Do-Pyaza.html

  36. #36
    Grand Master Carlton-Browne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Berlin, London and sometimes Dublin
    Posts
    12,482
    Thanks awfully...

  37. #37
    Master luckywatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Shrewsbury England
    Posts
    1,661
    We tried Mothers Chicken curry last night. Just lovely, excellent thread.


  38. #38
    Master luckywatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Shrewsbury England
    Posts
    1,661
    Today another one from the list, 'The quick and easy Chicken curry'. Not eaten it yet but I was allowed a small spoon. Yum...........


  39. #39
    Wow - that's a very impressive list.

    A good few of the the dishes are by the chef Sanjeev Kapoor. Sk is somewhat of a celebrity in India and his cooking show is the most popular...basically, not only has this compilation got a lot of favorites, the chef/tutor in a lot of them is top class.

  40. #40
    Craftsman MintG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire, England
    Posts
    304
    Many thanks - the selection of dishes is incredible!

  41. #41
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,877
    I'm going to start at the top and work my way through them

  42. #42
    Grand Master Carlton-Browne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Berlin, London and sometimes Dublin
    Posts
    12,482
    This Mattar Paneer recipe is getting lots of use in the C-B household at the moment.
    http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...se-peas-recipe
    The only modification is to use a lot less than the 275ml of water suggested towards the end - makes it into soup.

    The good news is that our local dairy is now making it's own white cheese which is identical to Indian paneer.
    http://www.milchhof-mendler.de/

  43. #43
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    326
    amazing links thanks so much

  44. #44
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    2,052
    Blog Entries
    1
    Not seen this curry anywhere else and it's a firm favourite with anyone I try it on:

    Carribean Chicken and Pineapple Curry


    Ingredients

    Paste
    ½ tsp ground turmeric
    1 tsp ground coriander
    3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
    1 med-large scotch bonnet chilli, chopped finely (remove seeds if you prefer the curry less spicy)
    ½ tsp sea salt flakes
    Sunflower oil


    Two large chicken breast fillet cut unto 4cm/1½in pieces
    1 large onion, roughly diced
    1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed, cut into 4cm/1½in pieces
    250g mushrooms, cleaned and cut into quarters
    1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 4cm/1½in pieces
    1 large can coconut milk
    1 large tsp tamarind paste
    Packet fresh thyme
    1 large ripe pineapple peeled, core removed, chopped into 4cm/1½in pieces

    Juice of 1 lime
    1½ tbsp rum (optional)

    A little chopped coriander to garnish (optional)
    Salt and Black Pepper to taste


    Method

    - Grind/blend the turmeric, coriander, salt, garlic and chilli along with the stripped leaves only of 1 sprig of thyme and 3-4 good glugs of oil into a paste and put to one side
    - Brown the chicken quickly in a very hot pan or wok using a little oil. Do not cook for too long. Remove and set aside
    - Add a little more oil to the pan if required, lower the heat add the onion to the pan and fry gently until golden and soft.
    - Add the spice mix and cook for further 2 minutes making sure the spices don’t burn
    - Add the vegetables and stir briefly.
    - Return the chicken to the pan, add the coconut milk, pineapple, lime juice and rum. Add half a coconut can of water. Add a whole sprig of thyme to the pan. Add tamarind paste.
    - If the pineapple tastes a little sharp or is under ripe add sugar as required. A “Del Monte Gold” pineapple is usually sweet enough without it once ripe.
    - Simmer on a low heat, stirring occasionally, for 40-45 minutes or until butternut squash is soft and the chicken is tender. This should mean that the sweet potato is fallng apart thickening the curry. Add water sparingly if curry seems too thick.
    - Taste and season as required, remove thyme sprig before serving

    Note: Try not to subsititute other chillies - the Scotch Bonnet has a taste all of its own and the curry will not taste the same :)
    Last edited by Scepticalist; 23rd June 2015 at 07:29.

  45. #45
    Master luckywatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Shrewsbury England
    Posts
    1,661
    Probably the best curry in the world. 2 days prep...............................






  46. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by luckywatch View Post
    Probably the best curry in the world. 2 days prep...............................





    I've just bought that book based on your curry pic!!

    Looks lovely that!!

    What's under the dome?? Pakoras?
    Instagram- ramsdenswhitby
    Facebook- Ramsdens Whitby

  47. #47
    Master luckywatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Shrewsbury England
    Posts
    1,661
    Quote Originally Posted by alexaff View Post
    I've just bought that book based on your curry pic!!

    Looks lovely that!!

    What's under the dome?? Pakoras?
    Yeah, they are for work tomorrow. Have them cold. The curry is outrageous. Enjoy the book. Home made Donner kebab.....................

  48. #48
    A fantastic resource.

    Thank you!!! (Watch the weight pile on)

  49. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by luckywatch View Post
    Yeah, they are for work tomorrow. Have them cold. The curry is outrageous. Enjoy the book. Home made Donner kebab.....................
    Chicken tikka :)



    And I copied off you and made the South Indian curry!

    It was all mega!!! Can't wait to try out some of the other stuff.

    Instagram- ramsdenswhitby
    Facebook- Ramsdens Whitby

  50. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by luckywatch View Post
    Probably the best curry in the world. 2 days prep...............................





    Considering how much I like Indian garlic chilli chicken I'm off to buy this book just for that recipe!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information