closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Help with colour choice

Help with colour choice

I've just ordered a new Audi In Daytona grey but am now wondering should I have ordered Black or even white instead what's your opinion folks

Thanks
    Rich

White has been the new Silver for some time now. It's amazing to us old 'uns in the car industry as white used to be a no-no not long ago in terms of resale...

However, most manufacturers have cottoned on to the fact white cars actually look good and now charge for it.

Black Metallic is a safe choice.

Personally, I'd stick with what you like. My current set of wheels is Metallic Grey. I too was nervous to see it in the flesh. It looks great. I've done Silver and Black to death and will definately order another.......

Enjoy....and stop worrying.

Daytona is a lovely colour - I think it suits pretty much any Audi, but especially the "executive" models - Suzuka Grey is also a really nice colour if you like white but want something a little different to boring old white.

BTW if you have the choice of "black optics" this looks great with Daytona (the grille/window surronds are black instead of silver) + if an estate the roof bars.

Banned
    Grey is a great colour and unlike black or white, it doesn't need washing every day

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    BTW if you have the choice of "black optics" this looks great with Daytona (the grille/window surronds are black instead of silver) + if an estate the roof bars.
    I looked at that package too !!!

Rich

Cool

Thanks to all for your replys i too have done black & white to death my present car is a white Merc C250 so need a change

Each to their own, but I can't stand silver/grey cars. I sit at the traffic lights and see dreary grey car after dreary grey car. Dull, dull, dull!

You can't wear a red or green trousers without looking like a twat (unless you're seriously hoopy), but you're free to choose with your motor. I can't comprehend how someone could look through the myriad of wonderful colour options in a new Audi brochure and ending up thinking "Y'know what, I think I'll just go for the grey; It'll match my suit. Hey, it's overcast outside! Nice! Hey you, Salesman... Stop being so happy and take the order for my new grey car!"

Glad I got that off my chest... I feel much better now.

Gary

It is no big deal. Get the black one next year and white after that.

Did you consider going Exclusive? Around £2k but worth it to make it virtually unique, I appreciate not likely a viable option on a £16k A1

Master
    White shows up the dirt.

Black shows up the swirls, scratches and water spots

Grey / Silver are a bit boring, but they look good for the longest time with the least effort, so long as they are metallic.

Just my 2p worth.

Master
    I'd go White or Black with a Black optics pack.

Master
    Or meet you in the middle with Suzuka Grey...

grey is best out of your 3 options, good choice

Master
    Some of the exclusive Audi colours are pretty good - mines Monza Silver, which wasn't available across all ranges and models. Mine is in having some warranty work at the moment and I have sat on the drive an A4 Avant in Red, whilst not a fan of Red cars it does really suit an Audi, I'll try and get a pic up so you can see ;)

This is Monza Silver

Last edited by neebsta; 26th September 2013 at 16:11. Reason: Picture added

Master
    The Audi red is nice. That with the black front grill.

The Audi red is very RED. It always looks good on a car.

Master
    White is nowhere near as bad as black to keep clean. My taxi is white, and it's not as bad as you might think keeping it clean. Black on the other hand is dirty after the first rainfall.

Quick update i went back to the dealers and changed the colour to Phantom black btw this is on a Q5 in general i am not one for colours as such nearly all my cars have been black/white and one silver although now sitting here i am still not sure i have made the right decision and may change back on monday !!!

Ps i am not very good at keeping my vehicles clean either my last black BMW was always filthy so the wife says hench my change to white on the Merc which incidentally keeps quite clean.

Rich

LOL. Black suits the Q5 well, but it will be a bugger to keep clean, as mentioned above. My last two were black and probably never again (he says, just remembered I have a Shogun on order that's feckin black LOL LOL)

My last Audi's were 3 black and one white. The blacks, A4 Avants x2 and an A5 Sportback looked good when clean but as mentioned above showed every swirl mark in bright sunlight. The white S3 I had was being washed every week to keep its appearance and to get rid of the tar deposits it picked up.

My current Audi is another A4 Avant in Daytona and is the black edition with all usual chrome work in black with the black roof rails and privacy glass, I even went as far as replacing the chrome rear badge and side S Line badges with black ones sourced from eBay. The colour is superb, especially in bright sunshine where the pearlescent paint sparkles. Stick with your choice, Daytona is much easier to live with.

Blog Entries
    I didn't choose black or white for the above reasons. So my las 2 Audis were a variation on their many grey options - the first was a bluey grey (Aurora) & the last one was Condor grey which had a nice green tinge to it.

Much more appealing than the myriad silver/grey options & I didn't see many others in that shade.

That said, I've just lost the company car & bought a very dark blue metallic bmw - which might as well be black :)

z
    Last edited by zelig; 2nd October 2013 at 18:00.

Update no 2 went back to the garage to change the colour and ended up getting a Grey TT Quattro for the wife !!! And forgot to tell them to change mine back to Daytona!!!

Grand Master
    Don`t buy white......don`t do it.

Can`t believe it's become popular again! Certain models look like fridges in white, especially larger ones. Arguably, it looks good when clean, but never stays clean for long. I`ve had a couple in years gone buy and I`d never have another.

I`m not a fan of the ubiquitous metallic silver, but it's a colour that still looks Ok with a layer of dirt on.

I`d seriously consider a red one if available; always looks nice and bright even when dirty.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Richierm257 View Post
    Update no 2 went back to the garage to change the colour and ended up getting a Grey TT Quattro for the wife !!! And forgot to tell them to change mine back to Daytona!!!
    That is hilarious ! I once ended up buying a Golf as the parts queue was really long but that is way worse - although at least you managed to get the TT in grey so getting there...

Agree with what's been said, black is lovely cleaned and well polished but keeping it that way is hard work - white not as bad but still needs to be kept clean to look good.