closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What to do with this seiko 6105 8119

What to do with this seiko 6105 8119

This one has been hiding in a drawer now for several years. Let's just say that one unfortunate day I zigged instead of zagged...
    Anyway..The dial and hands have rust and the engine I guess is beyond repair.

I could make this into a project, or maybe it's woth something as is?

If I decide to make it into a project, where could I score a movement?
    And does anybody know somebody who makes custom dials? Since all my watches have black dials I could use a nice colourful sunburst dial.
    The bezel would also be nice if it could be coloured.

I know yokobies has dials for this watch, but no sunburst unfortunately.

Thanks for looking,
    Gregor
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's a shame the dial is rusted, it looks like it would have made a cracking restoration project. As for custom dials the usual vendors (Dagaz, Yobokies or Monsterwatches) have a huge selection, just ask if it will fit a 6105 before ordering.

As for movements I believe most of the 61xx calibers will fit, but be warned that some have the date/day set by depressing the crown which wouldn't be possible with a 6105. Genuine movements do turn up from time to time, I just located one this week to rebuild this

into this

Gregor.... That is potentially a quite valuable vintage seiko diver , the 6105 8110 ... Its well worth restoring if you can, please dont modify it! it may cost a bit to restore but its too good to modify..... If you must modify a Seiko, do it to a 6309 ! You could sell this or trade it for a working 6309 diver at the very least.......
    Cheers..
    Jase

Thanks Canop and JasonM!

I will think it over for some time. Since I am too clumsy to do such thing myself I would have to source the parts and then hand it over all together to somebody who knows what to do.

At this point the watch is all original, but ehm..in bad shape. Maybe restoration is the way to go.

Thanks,
    Gregor