closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A tale of two GMT's

A tale of two GMT's

Why do I do this to myself? Some of the people at the recent WF&Co evening in London were very polite when I got all excited about my "new" 16750 GMT. It's a 1984 model with just enough bashing about the edges to make it interesting...

It's a 1984 model with a nicely-chewed bezel insert, and I was particularly pleased with it as I left school in 1984 so it's a relevant year for me.

Then I made the mistake of admitting that the dealer from whom I bought the watch also had my birth year model in stock. The bar went silent, Tony went a bit pink around the ears and tumbleweed fought with pins-dropping for attention.

I've fought it, I really have. I have a couple of birth-year watches and they're both very nice - a Seamaster 300 in all-original condition and a 5513 with original dial and hands (possibly).

So, I don't need another birth year watch, do I? I have two. Why would I need another? I also have a GMT, so I don't need another, do I?

Anyway, you all know where this is going, so please say hello to my 1968 1675 GMT, alongside it's little brother...

Sigh, can't keep both so the 84 is heading back to the dealer tomorrow :)

Both very nice, although I think I just prefer the lume plots on the '84 model.

Why not just have a collection of birth year watches. A good a theme as any.

Very nice, you can never have too many watches anyhow!

Master
    Glad to see you made the right choice, I did ponder that night about your decision. But all is well in the end looks great and it is a fantastic watch.

Blog Entries
    Can't beat birth year GMTs

Banned
    +1 for the birth year!

Especially as the rest of your collection are (from what I gather), its a great talking point to have your whole collection birth year.

Why do you do that to me? I had just convinced myself that I can live without a birth year GMT...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Why do you do that to me? I had just convinced myself that I can live without a birth year GMT...
    I recently did the same, now not so convinced!