closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: £3 + VAT - taking the Michael.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

£3 + VAT - taking the Michael.

Posted off my Memomatic this morning and as its bank holiday weekend I thought I would pay a little extra for Saturday guaranteed delivery, as I did not want it knocking around the system for 3/4 days and the new owner could enjoy it over the weekend.

RMSD + extra insurance + Saturday guaranteed = £14.94

£3 of that is for the Saturday guarantee AND £2.49 IS VAT.

According to the nice post lady (and she is as I am a regular) if I did opt for the Saturday service there would have been no vVAT to pay, so it cost me £5.49 for Saturday part of the service.

Shocking.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Stumped as to why one service would qualify for VAT while the other doesn't
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    Extra services from RM are no longer VAT exempt. Been like that for a while.

Slightly different for business accounts who pay VAT on all RMSD services now.

VAT will be added to all services eventually, as they balance the VAT advantage RM/PO have over commercial couriers.

Banned
    A fiver to guarantee delivery for a specified day is shocking?

I think it's a pittance.

You have wasted the extra £3 for Saturday delivery because it will have been delivered on Saturday anyway.

RM do not have enough insurance cover to keep RMSD over a w/e or a bank holiday.

They will have a lot to deliver on Tuesday including the stuff for firms that are closed on Sat and they don't want any more than they have to.

It is a con to get more money out of you by saying 'it is not guaranteed for Sat del' playing on the slightest element of doubt.

The del office Manager will have make sure they are all gone before he can knock of Sat morning.

Don't ever pay extra for Sat del, it will get delivered and PO counter staff don't have a clue what happens in delivery offices.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve748 View Post
    You have wasted the extra £3 for Saturday delivery because it will have been delivered on Saturday anyway.

RM do not have enough insurance cover to keep RMSD over a w/e or a bank holiday.

They will have a lot to deliver on Tuesday including the stuff for firms that are closed on Sat and they don't want any more than they have to.

It is a con to get more money out of you by saying 'it is not guaranteed for Sat del' playing on the slightest element of doubt.

The del office Manager will have make sure they are all gone before he can knock of Sat morning.

Don't ever pay extra for Sat del, it will get delivered and PO counter staff don't have a clue what happens in delivery offices.
    I know that 99% of the time that is the case Steve but its not set in stone and any number of reasons may cause my package not to be delivered on saturday and least I can claim back the fees should it not happen.

I promised I would ensure it would be there so I have to do what I can to ensure this happens. Piece of mind for at least.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

If I had been a bit quicker that would have been on it's way to me... what you get for dithering!

I know it would have been there on Sat even without paying the extra. There is a postie whose job it is to deliver them and the only way it would be in the del office safe over the w/e is if there was nobody in at the address to receive it.

Good on you for making sure but you will know better next time.... not to waste your money.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve748 View Post

RMSD not sat guaranteed were usually left in the locker room with scan as not accesible. That have changed.
    Every special is supposed to be delivered on saturday even sat guaranteed for business addresses is delivered even if you know that they are closed. Just because somebody has paid for it and they dont want to give money back. And you are absolutely right about PO staff. They dont know whats happening in delivery office as they are different company.