closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Google Music - All Access

Banned
    Blog Entries

Google Music - All Access

Anyone else signed up for 'All Access' in Google Play yet ?
    It's just been launched in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Google
    Get unlimited music for just £7.99/month. Try free for 30 days.

Google Play Music makes it easy to discover, play, store and share the music you love on Android and the web. With our new All Access service, you can now stream tracks available in Google Play alongside your existing music library.
    - Enjoy ads-free unlimited listening to millions of songs
    Create personalised radio from any song or artist
    - Listen to radio with unlimited skips, and always see what’s coming next
    - Get smart recommendations based on your tastes

You can try All Access for 30 days for free. And if you start your trial before 15 September 2013, you can keep listening for just 7.99 GBP/month after that.
    I need never buy another album again... I haven't not found anything I've searched for so far [please excuse the double negative]
    You can also 'download' any album to play off-line... the device will connect to the wonderweb once every 24 hours to make sure you're still subscribed.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/c...sic_all_access

Master
    Excellent post - thanks for that

B

Master
    Great idea - this is the future of music... I hope the big Record COmpanies are shaking in their boots!

A bit late to the party, surely?

Spotify & Last.FM have been doing this for ages.

Master
    Indeed. Been using Spotify for a few years now and it's great system... no overwhelming desire to switch from Spotify as it has some good features, but good to know there's competition.

Craftsman
    Signed up (then instantly cancelled) and had a look. Seems to be missing the usual suspects; AC/DC, The Beatles, Metallica.

Been using Spotify for years as a premium member and always been happy with it despite the gaps in the collection. The one thing I really like on Spotify is the ability to set a high bitrate file as the default. I don't see any options on this new Google offering to select a quality when running in browser mode though the help suggests it streams up to 320kbs depending on connection.

Going to do some comparisons now on the differences and see how it fares. My phone and tablets are Android based so happy to switch if it turns out better, but not canceling the Spotify sub just yet.

Master
    I'll take a look later but made the switch from spotify to Sony's music unlimted recently due to the music I want being available including the beatles.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yep - it's similar to Spotify... with similar features.

Your entire library is available on any Android device connected to the same gmail account.
    You can upload up to 20,000 of your own tracks to your library, and have them available on all devices
    You can download anything to play offline.
    There are currently in excess of 15,000,000 tracks available, and growing daily. There were some things that I couldn't find on Spotify when I tried it out.
    I believe most (if not all) tracks are 320kbps.
    Same 'radio' and 'find similar' features as Spotify.
    You can set your device to only download if a wifi connection is present.

Integration with my Nexus devices seems very clean...

Job jobbed

The great thing about this vs Spotify etc is how it integrates with Google Play Music.
    There might be 'gaps', but you can fill them with your own collection and everything is integrated.
    I think the downside I've heard is the delay in getting some releases on All Access - however, I would think that, being this is Google, that will change over time and All Access could end up as the dominant market player.

I currently use Napster as it works so well with my Sonos, and Play Music on my mobile devices.

I won't pay for both premium services, so hopefully All Access will come to Sonos and I'll be fully integrated and totally sorted :)

Craftsman
    As a someone that worked on some of these deals, all streaming audio services have (pretty much) identical repertoire available, bar exclusives and maybe some indies. They also have (pretty much) the same terms (eg offline caching of tracks/playlists etc). If you cant find it (AC/DC etc) its because the artist has withheld it for streaming use.
    The 7.99 price for the google service is an introductory price, only available until some date in September I believe.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hewjardon View Post
    The 7.99 price for the google service is an introductory price, only available until some date in September I believe.
    It's £7.99 if you sign up before 15th Sept (for as long as you're signed up, or until they change the Ts&Cs)... £9.99 after that date.

Spotify is all you need!

Can you upload your own tracks to spotify? E.g., the ones not in spotify's library?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by o u t a t i m e View Post
    Can you upload your own tracks to spotify? E.g., the ones not in spotify's library?
    Not so that they then become accessible cross-device through "the cloud" (can people stop calling it that, its just servers on the internet). But you can add to the library local files on a PC and then have these fill in gaps for you. It's not as elegant though.