closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Incoming... Cartier Roadster Chronograph

Master

Incoming... Cartier Roadster Chronograph

I never normally do these "incoming" threads but this one to me is a really special watch that I've wanted for a LONG time!

Three or more years ago, I was window shopping in Puerto Banus and saw one of these at the Cartier Boutique...

(this pic above is the best I could find)

My girlfriend liked it and so did I but they rarely come around for sale, and when they do, the prices seem all over the place. Finally, I've found one though and it should be with me in a few days. The Santos series also really appeal but for me, the dramatic lines of the case really stand out with this one. The dial does look a little busy but I'm used to that now anyway so I doubt it'll bother me at all.

I've never tried one on, so I'll only know if I like it once I've got it. I don't know how it will wear, and if the crown will dig into my wrist\top of my hand. However, I like how different it looks, I've never had a Cartier and I LOVE the quick-change strap system. My Aquatimer had that and it was the easiest way to change a strap ever, with no tools needed at all. It's something all manufacturers should offer IMO.

So I'm now waiting for it to arrive! Tick, tock!
    Last edited by W44NNE; 6th August 2013 at 16:07.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    That looks great. Really like the Roadster. Great shape and great cyclops too. They wear very comfortably, I had one a few years ago.

Very nice indeed sir, I've always like Cartier. They are truly class when you have one on your wrist. You need to own one to appreciate the quality.

health to enjoy.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Guz View Post
    Very nice indeed sir, I've always like Cartier. They are truly class when you have one on your wrist. You need to own one to appreciate the quality.

health to enjoy.
    Thanks, yeah I've never had any kind of Cartier. I have a friend who loves them but he always gets to them before me haha.

Quote Originally Posted by java View Post
    That looks great. Really like the Roadster. Great shape and great cyclops too. They wear very comfortably, I had one a few years ago.
    Thanks Tim, do you remember if it was a heavy watch at all?

I really like Cartier, they were my first love when it comes to watches. That roadster looks lovely

Master
    I had a Roadster a few years back (not the chrono) and never had any issues with the crown, it was a comfortable watch.

The quick change strap is great, there is a certain "heft" to the Roadster which i liked as it didnt wear like a dress watch as it was more substantial.

Good luck with it

I like some of the Cartier Tank range, but in the smaller dress watch size. I will be honest and say nothing about the Roadster appeals to me at all, you know how you see a certain car/watch/haircut and just in your guts it isn't for you? I'm not posting to be nasty, I'm actually genuinely surprised because I like all the other watches you've posted about in recent weeks! - nice to know we are all a bit different :-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I like some of the Cartier Tank range, but in the smaller dress watch size. I will be honest and say nothing about the Roadster appeals to me at all, you know how you see a certain car/watch/haircut and just in your guts it isn't for you? I'm not posting to be nasty, I'm actually genuinely surprised because I like all the other watches you've posted about in recent weeks! - nice to know we are all a bit different :-)
    If we all liked the same things that'd be brorrrriiinnnggg! It's just nice to try new things now and again. I might not like it myself when I get it but I'm hoping to :-)

Craftsman
    That is a very nice Cartier, so many good watches here I find it hard to resist buying more watches!

Love it! You you enjoy.

Very nice!

Don't often seen the black dial version, it's a welcome change to the silver dial.. A bit marmite these Cartier, I don't think you can go wrong with the Roadster though, interesting shape and they wear nicely too i.e. well balanced on the wrist.

My standard non-chrono is currently at Cartier for a service and polish, I miss it already :(

ENJOY!!

- Ian

need a like button!

I must admit that is a lovely watch. I would like the roadster

Master
    Thanks, really looking forward to it... should be with me by the weekend.

Journeyman

Excellent choice. Enjoy it in good health!

Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE View Post
    I never normally do these "incoming" threads but this one to me is a really special watch that I've wanted for a LONG time!

Three or more years ago, I was window shopping in Puerto Banus and saw one of these at the Cartier Boutique...

(this pic above is the best I could find)

My girlfriend liked it and so did I but they rarely come around for sale, and when they do, the prices seem all over the place. Finally, I've found one though and it should be with me in a few days. The Santos series also really appeal but for me, the dramatic lines of the case really stand out with this one. The dial does look a little busy but I'm used to that now anyway so I doubt it'll bother me at all.

I've never tried one on, so I'll only know if I like it once I've got it. I don't know how it will wear, and if the crown will dig into my wrist\top of my hand. However, I like how different it looks, I've never had a Cartier and I LOVE the quick-change strap system. My Aquatimer had that and it was the easiest way to change a strap ever, with no tools needed at all. It's something all manufacturers should offer IMO.

So I'm now waiting for it to arrive! Tick, tock!

Journeyman
    That's a classy piece!