closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Quick Date change on Breitling Navitimer

Craftsman

Quick Date change on Breitling Navitimer

Watch Winder broke and my Navi is a good few days behind on the date.
    I was shown how to do this before but have forgotten. Does anyone know how to skip the date quickly?
    I know it's around the 12 O'clock mark of course but I need the secret hand shake :)
    Thanks in advance

wind back to 8.59 pm, then Advance from 8.59pm to 1 minute past midnight to activate the 'quick' date change!

It's a real PITA

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I was shown how to do this before but have forgotten. Does anyone know how to skip the date quickly?
    I know it's around the 12 O'clock mark of course but I need the secret hand shake :)
    Thanks in advance

The main reason I really want a new Navitimer 01. Just can't bring myself to spend over 5k on it, so waiting patiently for a secondhand one!

Journeyman
    Thanks! This will save me some time!

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Thanks in advance

Does the new movement have quick date set?

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    The main reason I really want a new Navitimer 01. Just can't bring myself to spend over 5k on it, so waiting patiently for a secondhand one!

Pardon my ignorance, but what's this all about please? I have a Navitimer Heritage and I don't have to mess about like this to change the date. Are all Navitimers not created equal?!

Ian

Grand Master
    They're not. Navis with the ETA 7753 lose the date corrector pusher at the 10 position because the gears for the bezel get in the way. Other modern Navis have crown-operated quickset dates so no issue.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

I'm looking at buying another Navitimer - used to own a 2006 model but sold it last year. The lack of quickset date was the only negative....interesting to read above why that feature is lost on the navitimer.

I'm looking at the new 01 model but I'm really not sure that I can spend nearly £6k on one just because of the quickset date, when a secondhand older model comes in at £1900
    or so.

What do people think about the new model movement? Does it warrant the huge price increase?

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    They're not. Navis with the ETA 7753 lose the date corrector pusher at the 10 position because the gears for the bezel get in the way. Other modern Navis have crown-operated quickset dates so no issue.
    That's very interesting, I've learned something new. Thanks Andrew.

My Heritage (bought in about 2006 or 2007) has the 2892-A2 and the date is simply the first click on the crown.

Craftsman
    Thanks guys, some really interesting info about Navi's I never knew!

The Breitling manual states that you wind forward to 2am, then back to 8pm and repeat. I certainly wouldn't risk doing it only just enough and no more.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian_O View Post

My Heritage (bought in about 2006 or 2007) has the 2892-A2 and the date is simply the first click on the crown.
    Welcome. I think that this fundamental shortcoming with the 7753 movement would have been one of the main drivers to develop a better in-house movement than anything else available commercially, and the standard 7750 with its 6-9-12 movement isn't right for the Navitimer. I guess Breitling could have used the same Piguet (sorta) movement found in various Omegas but I doubt SwatchCo would have offered a competitive price. Nothing wrong with the old 2892 with Kelek (and thus in-house) module, though...?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ian_O View Post

Welcome. I think that this fundamental shortcoming with the 7753 movement would have been one of the main drivers to develop a better in-house movement than anything else available commercially, and the standard 7750 with its 6-9-12 movement isn't right for the Navitimer. I guess Breitling could have used the same Piguet (sorta) movement found in various Omegas but I doubt SwatchCo would have offered a competitive price. Nothing wrong with the old 2892 with Kelek (and thus in-house) module, though...?
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Thanks Andrew, most interesting. I hadn't realised the shortcomings of the 7753 until reading this thread. Having said that, I'm very happy with my Navitimer with 2892 and separate chrono module.

To use the language of this forum (which I'm still getting used to) it was always my "grail" watch, before I even had any other high quality watches, so when I had a very small inheritance I spent it all on the Navitimer. I thought it would be the "one" watch though, but I then realised that was never going to be the case and it merely fuelled the addiction! So, the Navitimer Heritage holds a special place in my heart, and I love it.

That's not to say I haven't got a desire for another Navitimer at some time in the future (maybe with the B01), but as I never sell any watches it could be a while before I have the necessary funds again!

Ian