closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 91 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your dogs

Quote Originally Posted by redmonaco View Post
    Cant stand the breed myself. All I ever see in in town centres around the South is this breed along with their tattooed and redbull carry owners...

They are known to be aggressive and were bred to be. Whatever happened to wanting a dog as a Friend/Pet (lots on this thread I'm pleased to see) ?

I really don't understand Rottweiler/Pitbull type dogs being "popular" as pets...
    Ignorance is bliss.

This is Roger. 3 year old Chocolate Lab. He really is the best friend you could have...

Lovely to see all the furry friends and heartening that many are rescue dogs who will now be given the life they deserve.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by millie-mail View Post
    Ignorance is bliss.

Exactly. Generally speaking, there are more bad owners then there are bad dogs.

Master
    My dogs bring me a lot of pleasure...not being the most mobile of folk, I'm forced to get off my backside and take em out, which is easy...because they're great dogs to be around....

Not to everyone's taste...including mine when we first got one, but the breed has endeared itself to me...

They're Chinese crested.. Don't see many around, and it's assumed they're a toy or handbag dog...

Well not in this house they ain't... They get treated like any other dog rain or shine... They're very high energy, playful and social dogs...they have a great physique which really shows off when they're running and playing.. We keep them lean and they're more healthy for it...

Oh and they all have their own characters.

All of them came from rescue centres around the UK, except Stan...

Anyway let me introduce...
    Stan.... Now Stan is not the brightest of the bunch, in fact he's quite thick... Obedient enough but does daft things that make me laugh... He's great with other dogs, and what he loses in the brains dept he makes up with his looks...

Then we have Englebert.... Bertie for short... Bright as a button, very obedient, fit as a fiddle... Bertie isn't that confident around bigger dogs, but he'll play all day with dogs his own size... He loves people and hasn't got a mean bone in his body..

Then there's Syd... Still a bit of a pup, and crossed with a chihuahua... He'll play with any other dog, he's got a cheeky nature, is bright, but by eck he's a greedy bugger... Really have to keep an eye on him because he'll steal food, and start a fight... But 99% of the time they all get on fine...

And last but no least... We have little Louie... She's the boss, non of the male dogs mess with her, despite the fact that she's got a deformed spine, is almost blind, and generally a bit weak... She holds her own though and she's a happy soul..
    Love attention, but we suspect her life span isn't going to be a long one.... (Dread the day) but in the meantime we do what we can to make life easier for her.. Ramps etc... She's not in pain but we know the day will come..

Quote Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
    Exactly. Generally speaking, there are more bad owners then there are bad dogs.
    there is no such thing as a bad dog, At least they are not born that way.

Quote Originally Posted by sonyman View Post
    there is no such thing as a bad dog, At least they are not born that way.

Depends on breeding.But 100% correct .There is no such thing as a bad dog.

Very fluffy but if the dog is brought into the word with love then you will get it back X 10

This little boy is off to pastures new but I have had him here all week and I will miss him.

Enoch, that is a great post with great pictures of your happy dogs, it cheered me up and really entertained me. Thanks.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by itsgotournameonit View Post

This little boy is off to pastures new but I have had him here all week and I will miss him.
    GSP? Love them :)

Craftsman
    Love the GSP's!

My little one is growing up quickly, will be twelve months old next month!

Blog Entries
    ^^^^^^^Gorgeous!^^^^

Taken today, just messing about in the garden.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    Taken today, just messing about in the garden.

Great shot Sean.

Quote Originally Posted by itsgotournameonit View Post
    Great shot Sean.
    Thanks. I've meaning to do it for a while. We just can't use the watering can with him around!

Our new Puppy Willow, she came home yesterday and as you can see is settling in nicely

FFF

^^^^gongrats. Very cute.^^^^

My stunning pair of girlies

Mum and Daughter.

and the 2 remaining puppys

and our Choc Lab

Blog Entries
    To be honest, never having had a dog as a child, I just didn't get the whole 'mans best friend' thing. However, my son was having some problems at school and it was suggested that we consider getting a dog. So following a series of coincidences we ended up with a male wire/ smooth cross Standard Dachshund. As it turns out this breed is particularly social so the hunt commenced for a female Wire Hair and after checking rescue centres etc without success another series of coincidences occurred and we became the owners of a beautiful Pedigree Wire Haired standard bitch (whose half brother won his class at Crufts this year). So from no dogs to 2 in less than 6 months, and now I totally get the whole Dog thing. Frankie and Arna are now part of the family and really are great ambassadors of their breed.
    Here's a (not very good) picture of them playing together,

Poor old Denzil got beaten up in the park this morning by a Lab! My other Cocker Lucy came to his rescue though.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post

Our new Puppy Willow, she came home yesterday and as you can see is settling in nicely

FFF
    Glad to see she is doing well and finally at home with you. Keep us updated!

Blog Entries
    Out with camera and dogs this evening in some lovely light!

I know a young Springer who swallowed a fly... by Rabc3, on Flickr

Craftsman
    For those with dogs, I've just had a great laugh at this!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0wyJ5HNQWC4

We have a pair of standard-sized yorkies.

Ollie is always ready. If I were to say "walk" at 3AM, he'd be by the front door, waiting impatiently.

Alfie is somewhat more restrained. Any time after lunch is basically bedtime.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    My beautiful greyhound, although currently she is nursing a broken leg...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    And my collie pride and joy, and very best boy...

Master
    Lovely dogs and well photographed, Skyman :)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    And finally my French fox, called Juan.....
    Last edited by Skyman; 23rd August 2014 at 20:53. Reason: Yep, he may be slightly stuffed, but he's happy.

Craftsman
    Can`t believe no new pics on this thread since August....... Alfie & Amy proudly sporting new collars!

Lovely pair Seano.

Here's Dylan....

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post

FFF
    She is absolutely gorgeous!

Andy

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post
    Lovely pair Seano.

Here's Dylan....

I can`t work out whether Dylan is the smallest Weimaraner I have ever seen or it`s just a huge tennis ball. I like them because they are almost the only breed to make Vizslas look sane; although Dylan looks very relaxed !

My girlfriend and I will be getting this little guy home in a week (he's on the left, his sister on the right):

I've just gone through all the pictures and comments on this thread, it really puts tears to my eyes.
    The dog I chose as a companion, guard dog, came from a rutted owner (who went to prison). The dog was already 18 months when I got her, irresponsible looking back, considering my children were 2 and 4 at the time.
    The dog and my children became one, where they went she went. They loved each other, and just for that, I look back and am thankful for each and every day we had her.
    Brasca was her name, a Fila Brasiliero, with a pedigree as long as your arm.
    Brasca settled in slowly, it took at least a week to be able to touch her, she wasn't aggresive, but she would just keep out of the way, sometimes under a bush, sometimes behind furniture.
    When she thought it was time, she came..........and stayed until the day she died.

I bought another after her death, Boa, brought home as a puppy, grew up with the children, loved them to death. I had a large house and grounds at the time, so most of the time she spent outdoors, with all the other animals that we kept, horses, ducks (wild), a cat, chickens. She never once was aggresive, like her predecessor, whatever lived on our property was part of the gang. A Jack Russel also came, Daffy we called her, my daughter got her for christmas ;-)

It hurts, thinking back what happened to her...maybe another time another day, I may write about her.

Here's a few pictures , god I miss her, thanks for the memories.

If you don't bite me, I won't bite you ;-)

...a young Boa

Last edited by Geronimo; 28th January 2015 at 11:46.

Master

?

Quote Originally Posted by millie-mail View Post
    Ignorance is bliss.
    Ill second that!! Im guessing hes not a dog lover!! Had a staffy for 13 years and died last weekend😥 from Cancer!!
    Softest dogs Ive ever known and I do a lot of shooting and falconry so we use other dogs for that!! Staffy's are ignorantly mistunderstood and its this that the idiots feed off!! They want you to think that as that makes the dog a weapon to them!! just because the dog has muscles doesnt automatically make them aggressive!?
    In a recent survey a read the other day my sister was devistated to read that her beloved Dachshund was number one for human shown recorded aggression but due to their stature they get away with it and number two was jack russels! Her little dog bit the posty once and drew blood and nothing was said or done but if that had been a different breed it would have been destroyed!
    When my other sister used to work for the RSPCA she always said that most cases she dealt with for bites and on humans were german shepherds but her area supervisor always said it was due to the fact that they are used as a guard dog and nearly all these cases happened on their own property?!
    A dog is only as good as its owner!! they are not born aggressive! I guarantee you that I could make any dog aggresive in the end if you teach them to be!!
    Ill try and upload some soppy pics of our Tilly in the next few days!
    Chris

My "other" collie - "Scooby"

Master
    This is Lilly. She's a miniature schnauzer/bichon frisé cross, 4 months old.

She absolutely adores my daughter and I can see them becoming lifelong friends.

When she can't be next to my daughter, anything she owns will do:

Master
    The 2487th in Oskar's "Sunday morning kitchen training" series: ;)

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redmonaco View Post
    Cant stand the breed myself. All I ever see in in town centres around the South is this breed along with their tattooed and redbull carry owners...

They are known to be aggressive and were bred to be. Whatever happened to wanting a dog as a Friend/Pet (lots on this thread I'm pleased to see) ?

I really don't understand Rottweiler/Pitbull type dogs being "popular" as pets...
    I'm tattooed.

I have a staffy.

Aggressive? Pah looks like it yeah!

Dogs aren't bred aggressive, they can be TRAINED to be aggressive though......

Master
    Love Staffies. Definitely a breed I will consider in future.
    Last edited by Tomw2000; 10th December 2014 at 14:30. Reason: I can't spell

We've had Carlo at home for two weeks now and he's settling in without any problems (well, except that he bites and chews everything, but that's expected!).

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfCheese View Post
    Lilly is adorable. Bichon's are loyal and loving.

Just thought I'd add my 2...

Lightbulb 15 years young

15 YEARS YOUNG,not sure why I can only add as an attachment from my mac book
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by arthurDALEY; 10th December 2014 at 22:05.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JeppeRober View Post
    We've had Carlo at home for two weeks now and he's settling in without any problems (well, except that he bites and chews everything, but that's expected!).

Gorgeous
    They don't loose their cuteness (Poppy now 2)

Craftsman
    My beautiful little girl, spends everyday with me and even enjoys going to work when sometimes I really cannot be bothered.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Gorgeous
    They don't loose their cuteness (Poppy now 2)
    Absolutely adorable! Those eyes just get you every time!

My two this evening

Master
    Best. Thread. Ever!

Here's Teddy who arrives on Monday (aged 7 weeks old in this photo!);

And here's his big brother B uddy ages 1yr old (Teddy will eventually lose all his brown colouring and be as light as this);

Teddy's favourite passtimes currently include nap, nap, nap, eat, play-fight, nap, nap, eat, nap nap