timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 34 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,700 of 4549

Thread: Show us your dogs

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    We'll that escalated quickly.

Bobby settled in well and is great with other dogs.

We ended up looking after Lucy the Cocker again for a couple of weeks and Bobby loved having a play mate. So much so he has been rather sad and down since she went, soooo

Say hello to Bobby's new friend Billy. Got him on Friday, another unwanted free ad mutt, this time a Jack Russel Cocker cross

Great that you gave another poor dog down on his luck a chance thank you for doing that.

Free ads are a nightmare for dogs, the nice lady comes to collect them on many occasions and they end up in the hands of their dogfighter husband or boyfriend.

Please, if anyone has to rehome a dog make sure it goes to a proper rescue organisation, there are loads about. Free ads are so dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Great that you gave another poor dog down on his luck a chance thank you for doing that.

Free ads are a nightmare for dogs, the nice lady comes to collect them on many occasions and they end up in the hands of their dogfighter husband or boyfriend.

Please, if anyone has to rehome a dog make sure it goes to a proper rescue organisation, there are loads about. Free ads are so dangerous.
    Agree with that, both our mutts came from pets4homes, there are so many dogs on there for free or £50 or so it's so sad.

I responded to 2 ads on Thurs night, one replied Fri morning, I handed the details to my wife and the dog was with us by lunchtime.

So easy for nasty folks to get their hands on them. In fact, Fri night I got an email from the 2nd ad, a lovely looking American bulldog Cocker Cross, to say they rehomed him the night before, but the husband was going to try to get him back as they had an uneasy feeling after the new owners left with him that something wasn't quite right and if they did, did I want him but they'd want to do a home check first. No more details were given, but I assumed dog fighting. Want to ask whether they got him back or not, but don't want to know if they didn't.

Can't save them all though, 2 is 1more than we planned for and quite enough. Bobby is absolutely lovely, early signs are Billy is too, though he's a little nervous. Was told he doesn't like men, he'll snuggle up to me on the sofa, but cowers or runs away if I'm stood up and bend down to stroke him. He's only 1, but was rescued by his last owner who realised she couldn't cope with him, being elderly and living in a flat. She said he'd had a tough start but no other details, but it does seem like he's had his tail broken at some point. There's some scum out there.
    Last edited by Brighty; 19th November 2018 at 02:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe.K View Post
    Let the games commence..

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Ha, brilliant. Hard to get scale, is he a bruiser of a boxer or a big mastiff of some sort? Love boxers, grew up with two, love the idea of a big mastiff too, but house is too small.

Ha, brilliant. Hard to get scale, is he a bruiser of a boxer or a big mastiff of some sort? Love boxers, grew up with two, love the idea of a big mastiff too, but house is too small.
    She's an American bulldog cross dogue de bordeaux cross staffy I'm not sure what proportion is staffy but she thinks she's a lot more cute and nimble and weighs considerably less than she actually does!
    She's about 16 months old now still in the puppy phase I reckon (and for a while longer): she's about 21/22" tall and weighs about 40 kilos so when she's on a lead and she chase's a squirrel so do I -we haven't caught one yet thank goodness- ...
    She hasn't got a bad bone in her body and people who know bulldog and mastiff breeds go mad for her and she rolls about on her back and licks them to death.
    I've had most breeds of dog from little scruffy fluff balls to airedales to Great Danes and she is the sweetest, best natured, most playful, jumpingist -if there is such a word- dog I've ever owned, the dogs homes are full of these bully crosses and it's a damn shame: I am working hard to crack the Mrs resolve that we only need the one :0)

Blog Entries
    Agree with that, both our mutts came from pets4homes, there are so many dogs on there for free or £50 or so it's so sad.

I responded to 2 ads on Thurs night, one replied Fri morning, I handed the details to my wife and the dog was with us by lunchtime.

So easy for nasty folks to get their hands on them. In fact, Fri night I got an email from the 2nd ad, a lovely looking American bulldog Cocker Cross, to say they rehomed him the night before, but the husband was going to try to get him back as they had an uneasy feeling after the new owners left with him that something wasn't quite right and if they did, did I want him but they'd want to do a home check first. No more details were given, but I assumed dog fighting. Want to ask whether they got him back or not, but don't want to know if they didn't.

Can't save them all though, 2 is 1more than we planned for and quite enough. Bobby is absolutely lovely, early signs are Billy is too, though he's a little nervous. Was told he doesn't like men, he'll snuggle up to me on the sofa, but cowers or runs away if I'm stood up and bend down to stroke him. He's only 1, but was rescued by his last owner who realised she couldn't cope with him, being elderly and living in a flat. She said he'd had a tough start but no other details, but it does seem like he's had his tail broken at some point. There's some scum out there.
    So sad, it breaks my heart to think there are people like that out there.

But so glad there are people like you too.
    Ian

Blog Entries
    She's an American bulldog cross dogue de bordeaux cross staffy I'm not sure what proportion is staffy but she thinks she's a lot more cute and nimble and weighs considerably less than she actually does!
    She's about 16 months old now still in the puppy phase I reckon (and for a while longer): she's about 21/22" tall and weighs about 40 kilos so when she's on a lead and she chase's a squirrel so do I -we haven't caught one yet thank goodness- ...
    She hasn't got a bad bone in her body and people who know bulldog and mastiff breeds go mad for her and she rolls about on her back and licks them to death.
    I've had most breeds of dog from little scruffy fluff balls to airedales to Great Danes and she is the sweetest, best natured, most playful, jumpingist -if there is such a word- dog I've ever owned, the dogs homes are full of these bully crosses and it's a damn shame: I am working hard to crack the Mrs resolve that we only need the one :0)

Brilliant!

Menno

Craftsman
    Our best friends had a painting commissioned of our dog as a present, they didn’t tell us and just delivered this. It’s bloody awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    And here is the real face. It’s quite cute if i might say so.

Master
    That’s brilliant - they got the eyes just right!

That is very nice of them and you just gave me an idea for a Christmas present. Handsome hound you have there Sir.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

That painting is excellent. Be interested to know the artist.

Craftsman
    It truly is a fabulous present!

The artist is Maria Morgan.

http://mariamorgan.co.uk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lovely painting... We commissioned a friend to do an oil painting of our old boy Baxter, he was a remarkable dog... he was a beautiful boy, in looks and nature

Blog Entries
    Finally able to join this thread with an incoming.
    Getting this wee guy midweek.

Quote Originally Posted by numberjack View Post
    Finally able to join this thread with an incoming.
    Getting this wee guy midweek.

The mother in law used to have one of these... gorgeous dogs, what a beauty

Craftsman
    A magnificent fuzz ball!

Master
    It’s a teddy bear! My daughter would absolutely lose her sh*t!

Craftsman
    The wife just turned into a puddle looking at that beautiful fuzz ball!

Thanks, I'll take a look

Quote Originally Posted by tobetobes View Post
    It truly is a fabulous present!

The artist is Maria Morgan.

http://mariamorgan.co.uk

Craftsman
    That painting of Baxter is fantastic, one of the best I've seen for ages. Nicely captures a bit of character.

Journeyman
    This is Ailsa, our Czech woolfdog. Shes a bit mad but lovable none the less....

Craftsman
    All nose and ears! Gorgeous.

Blog Entries
    Little guy home and settled in nicely.

Master
    Too cute!

Journeyman
    Wow! He looks fuzzier than a bear!

Looks like a very early pic of Bungle from Rainbow

Just got home and found Dot watching the racing!

Unlike my other Bull Terrier Deana who took no notice of TV, Dot runs up to the set if a dog appears or barks and often runs around the back to ambush the TV dog.

She likes the horses.

Cheers,
    Neil.

While I'm here I may as well post a pic we took the other day of my son's Bull Terrier, Bianca, who lives with him in America. She's a right hooligan.

My daughter in laws little dog is a Pom cross she has owned for nine years.

Cheers,
    Neil.

Craftsman
    Here's my little princess......Holly

Blog Entries
    As always: thanks Neil! My wife sees Dotty's attempt to grab the dog behind the TV (screen) as an example of the EBT's intelligence. I agree with her up to a certain point, but somehow I think that we both have a different perception of 'example' and 'intelligence'...

Also a nice pic of the kids with their EBT. I guess that an EBT is a rare sight in Florida! I cannot remember seeing an EBT when we were in FL

Menno

Blog Entries

What a great looking little fella! You must be chuffed to bits.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dickdutch View Post
    Here's my little princess......Holly
    She's a beauty.

Craftsman
    My 14 year old staff......I’ve been lucky enough to be able to take her to work every day with me since she was 6 months old.

Master
    From this:

To this:

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    As always: thanks Neil! My wife sees Dotty's attempt to grab the dog behind the TV (screen) as an example of the EBT's intelligence. I agree with her up to a certain point, but somehow I think that we both have a different perception of 'example' and 'intelligence'...

Also a nice pic of the kids with their EBT. I guess that an EBT is a rare sight in Florida! I cannot remember seeing an EBT when we were in FL

Menno
    Cheers Menno!

I'm not sure I would credit EBT's with huge intelligence either, but I guess that is part of their charm.

As you say, I've never seen an EBT anywhere in Florida and we always got a few admiring glances when we walked her.
    Bianca came from Washington state when they lived up there. My son loved our Deana so much when he was at home it was only going to be an English Bull for him!

Regards to your wife.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Craftsman
    She's a beauty.
    Thank you, I think so.

Teddy

Teddy (Ted), has been with us for nearly 11 months from a pup, turned 1 year old last Monday.
    He's grown into a super strong-healthy Chocolate Lab, always wanting to play 'Ball' and extremely loving, he's got massive paws!

Andy

Journeyman

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PAM580 View Post
    My 14 year old staff......I’ve been lucky enough to be able to take her to work every day with me since she was 6 months old.

She's got a lovely face.

Master
    [QUOTE=DrDunc;4956660]

Gorgeous hound! Actually that’s true of all the dogs here.

Blog Entries
    She's got a lovely face.
    My youngest son's reply: "He took her to work every day since she was 6 months old!? What's his job? I want that job as well!!"

Menno

Master
    I want that job too!

dog share with my mum following a stroke. Turned into a 3 day a week permanent arrangement

Archie

The new member of our household - kind of replaces our children who have both left home in the last year 4 month old cockapoo called Archie.

Some pics of our rescue Bullen (Swedish for bun as in Cinnamon bun). A 4 year old Bully-mix.

Came to us from Ireland in February and have now settled in and taken over the house.

Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    Some pics of our rescue Bullen (Swedish for bun as in Cinnamon bun). A 4 year old Bully-mix.

Came to us from Ireland in February and have now settled in and taken over the house.
    What a smasher!
    Watch your Xmas decorations though, mine has learnt what fun they are to 're-arrange'.and now she's on mouse hunting duties in the loft: So useful at last :0)

What a smasher!
    Watch your Xmas decorations though, mine has learnt what fun they are to 're-arrange'.and now she's on mouse hunting duties in the loft: So useful at last :0)

That's a good looking dog you got there.

We quickly learnt that anything laying around on a table or counter top which he can reach he considers to be his.

Just me and the mutt tonight as SWMBO and daughter at their Christmas party... she’s not paying me much attention though!

We've had this little lurcher for a month now. RSPCA rescue dog from an "unsuitable" home. Well she's lovely and has such a gentle character. She's a bit thick though......