closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 14 of 91 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Andy 0 View Post

Porter, my seven and a half month old Italian Spinone, on a recent visit to Whitby.
    Great pics.

He is obviously keen on the view!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    I can NOT show this to my wife! It will upset her.

The only way I can tell that you didn't take the pics at our house is the carpet... We had a tiled floor at that time.
    It is an other fantastic set of pic of Dot! Thanks for sharing.

Menno
    I wish she would keep her slobbery old bones on the kitchen tiled floor Menno but she likes the comfort of the living room and as she is family......
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Craftsman
    A few pics of Amy - 2 years old today !

and one taken when she was 8 weeks old with older "brother" Alfie

Now 15 months and still growing. He's very much a one man dog and whenever I leave the house he waits on the sofa like this most of the time until I return. Thought my wife was joking when she told me so she took this photo when I next went out.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    Now 15 months and still growing. He's very much a one man dog and whenever I leave the house he waits on the sofa like this most of the time until I return. Thought my wife was joking when she told me so she took this photo when I next went out.

That's awesome. My mate has a lab and I'm secretly chuffed he prefers me to my mate always following me about and cries when I leave.

Everyone please keep their fingers crossed for my 9 year old girl (saint) who suffered a GDV yesterday, she made it through the night but still not out of the woods.

This along with my 7 year old male nearly dying of heart failure last Weds has been a very stressfull time

Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    Everyone please keep their fingers crossed for my 9 year old girl (saint) who suffered a GDV yesterday, she made it through the night but still not out of the woods.

This along with my 7 year old male nearly dying of heart failure last Weds has been a very stressfull time
    All the best mate to your beloved dogs and to you.

Hope for a good outcome.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master

Fingers cross for Saint!

Master
    The gang. Chilling. Archie in the right hand corner....well, he was 15.5yrs old last month and it's getting very close to "the time dog owners don't want to think about" :(

Craftsman

Very Best Wishes

Journeyman

My thought's are with you and Saint.

Apprentice
    one of my "boys"

Last edited by olazz; 18th February 2016 at 22:33.

The boss, Boris.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Seano View Post
    A few pics of Amy - 2 years old today !
    She's looking brilliant :)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomw2000 View Post
    She's looking brilliant :)
    She looks her best in the early morning sun!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomw2000 View Post
    Who decides where they are going to sleep ? I know I'm the last one who gets a choice in our house!

Master
    Who decides where they are going to sleep ? I know I'm the last one who gets a choice in our house!
    Lol. We're a '2 human' household and we've massively over-egged the amount of sofa space for the dogs. :)

They all go where they like with the following caveats:

• Archie (top right corner in the pic) can't get on the sofa on his own anymore :(
    • Milly (our old lurcher girl) barks at the HPRs if they go anywhere near her :)

At bed time, they all have their own beds in the bootroom. Although Rye (the Weimy) seems to prefer to sleep on top of Oskar (Vizsla) in his bed and he's given up telling her to get off :)

I definitely wouldn't want to sleep in the same room with this lot

Dot getting involved with my youngest son.

She likes human interaction.

Sorry rotten phone pic.

Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    And a good book, by all accounts.

Craftsman

Sorry rotten phone pic.

She can read!

Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post

Great to see another Fox Red Lab. I love mine to bits (he's 3 now) and just the sweetest natured dog.

Enjoy him mate!

Master
    Blog Entries
    I'd absolutely love a dog but I've got a couple of issues in terms of my lifestyle which stop me.

I live on my own, am in work 7-4 (plus 30mins each way in car) and I've always thought it unfair/cruel to have a dog like this.

Are there any breeds which wouldnt mind this set up? Sleep all day types if I leave the radio on it will be happy on its own without becoming upset or chewing up the house etc.

Got a feeling I know the answer but I'm asking the question in hope...!

Shame that Peter, nothing better than having a Dog , obviously all Dogs are different but friend of mine has a Greyhound works similar hours to you ,takes her out in the morning and when he returns at night the rest of the day she is soundly asleep , funnily enough greyhounds are pretty lazy Dogs and very easy to keep (they don't actually like running much !!) not saying they will be like this but as a general rule happy to sleep the day away….

Cheers

Wayne

Sorry rotten phone pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    And a good book, by all accounts.

She's very interested in sports betting!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    I'd absolutely love a dog but I've got a couple of issues in terms of my lifestyle which stop me.

I live on my own, am in work 7-4 (plus 30mins each way in car) and I've always thought it unfair/cruel to have a dog like this.

Are there any breeds which wouldnt mind this set up? Sleep all day types if I leave the radio on it will be happy on its own without becoming upset or chewing up the house etc.

Got a feeling I know the answer but I'm asking the question in hope...!

Get a dog walker Pete. They can come to your house twice a day and take your dog out for 2 X 1 hour walks and they will be fine to be left if you train them well and avoid separation anxiety.

I have a rule to never leave a dog anymore than 4 or 5 hours at the most but if someone can come round and break up the day it will be ideal.

I'd be inclined to go for a breed that is easy (ish) to train and with an easy going nature. You cannot go wrong with a Lab (but not Chocolate as they are a bit dippy!!) here.

Hope that helps?

Master
    Perro di Agua Espagnol Estupido - or Chico the Spanglish Worter Dawg - having doggy dreams in the kitchen whilst I work at the table. Little fella is booked in for a good shaving on Tuesday, I love him like this but he's super cool when skinned down as the coat turns to crushed velvet.

This is Gracie, our 14-month-old whippet. Still about 80% idiot and 20% dog but settling down a bit more now. We've had her from 8 weeks and it's been massively rewarding so far. And these days she can pretty much outrun any dog she meets apart from the greyhounds, which is great fun to watch.

She is permanently sporting cuts and scratches from hating off into the undergrowth and/or high-speed falls, but doesn't seem to care a jot.

Sometimes I swear she thinks she's a cat - most amusing watching her follow the sun around the room:

And she definitely likes riding up-front if there's a spare seat (disclaimer before I get flamed by someone: local, urban journeys only - anything more than a mile or so and she has a seatbelt harness).

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Get a dog walker Pete. They can come to your house twice a day and take your dog out for 2 X 1 hour walks and they will be fine to be left if you train them well and avoid separation anxiety.

I have a rule to never leave a dog anymore than 4 or 5 hours at the most but if someone can come round and break up the day it will be ideal.

I'd be inclined to go for a breed that is easy (ish) to train and with an easy going nature. You cannot go wrong with a Lab (but not Chocolate as they are a bit dippy!!) here.

Hope that helps?
    I second this advice. Both Mrs Cain and I work full time so on weekdays Gracie gets a short walk with us early in the morning, and is then left in her crate with the radio on at about 0800. Between 1100 and 1600 she's out with a walker who has a regular group of 4 dogs, and one of us is normally home by 1900 to give her another trip round the block.

Because we crate trained her from day 1 and always included some "alone time" in her routine, she's completely fine on her own and spends most of her time asleep when not out and about. It helps that whippets are pretty binary and while she needs a couple of hours' fast running a day, she'll happily kip on the sofa for the rest of the time.

My middle son sent me a pic of his young English Bull Terrier so I thought I'd post it here.

She's called Bianca (white in Spanish) and my son and daughter in law couldn't understand the laughter they got from us on originally hearing the name, not being cognisant with Eastenders!

She's a great looker though.

Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Bianca is lovely. All these pics of EBTs is making me want one! :)

Think blanca is Spanish for white!

Maybe why the laughter?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Think blanca is Spanish for white!

Maybe why the laughter?
    Sorry, Bianca means white in Italian.

As I said previously, the laughter was because of the usage of the name Bianca for a very common type of ginger girl in EastEnders (see below).

Ricky!

Cheers,
    Neil.

[QUOTE=Neil.C;3892581]Sorry, Bianca means white in Italian.

Ah, that makes sense, thought Ricky had misnamed your dog!

My two;

Mental Red Setter and Fabulous Fox Red Lab;

Blog Entries
    My middle son sent me a pic of his young English Bull Terrier so I thought I'd post it here.

She's called Bianca (white in Spanish) and my son and daughter in law couldn't understand the laughter they got from us on originally hearing the name, not being cognisant with Eastenders!

She's a great looker though.

She's a beauty. We're not familiar with Eastenders overhere, so the name wouldn't raise an ayebrow here. A few years back, when on holiday, we met an older couple with a beautiful BT called Josephine, completely with all sorts of pink accessories like the collar, blanket in the bench etc. For us, at that time, it was very 'out of sync' with the character of our BT as we knew it. Ours certainly wasn't a 'pink' type of BT...

Menno

She's a beauty. We're not familiar with Eastenders overhere, so the name wouldn't raise an ayebrow here. A few years back, when on holiday, we met an older couple with a beautiful BT called Josephine, completely with all sorts of pink accessories like the collar, blanket in the bench etc. For us, at that time, it was very 'out of sync' with the character of our BT as we knew it. Ours certainly wasn't a 'pink' type of BT...

Menno
    I think the pink theme can look rather amusing on a bruising bully whilst trying to add to their femininity.

Dot's got a pink tag which looks delightfully out of place.

Cheers,
    Neil.

Poppy

A phone pic of Dot.

She seems to have settled in now. ;-)

Cheers,
    Neil.

I grew up with my granddad's dog "Bob" and remember sobbing for days when he had to be put down.

Yes, that's me in the picture, it must have been taken about 20 years ago.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Blog Entries
    A phone pic of Dot.

She seems to have settled in now. ;-)

Great Neil! Keep them coming. It's a matter of time before we can start training a BT again. These pics help to convince my wife. Slowly but surely!

Menno

Great Neil! Keep them coming. It's a matter of time before we can start training a BT again. These pics help to convince my wife. Slowly but surely!

Menno
    Here's another Menno.

She does like the sun.

Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I grew up with my granddad's dog "Bob" and remember sobbing for days when he had to be put down.

Yes, that's me in the picture, it must have been taken about 20 years ago.

Eddie
    Lovely old Bob.

20 years ago - yeah right.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post

Hope that helps?
    Chocolate labs dippy ? Yes gorgeous but dippy

Journeyman
    My Homie. I didn't photoshop those ears or head, they really are that big.
    Last edited by svaglic; 20th March 2016 at 02:19.

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=itsgotournameonit;3910951]Chocolate labs dippy ? Yes gorgeous but dippy

[QUOTE]

My son and I attended the Amsterdam Boat Show on Saturday. Outside there was a demonstration with longboard skateboards connected to surf sails. The guys who' organized the demo had put up a party tent with large bags to sit on, a sound system (can't do without them, can they) and a very sweet brown lab - on a long line. The dog was the crowd puller! What a nice dog! Happy to meet everybody and very cheerful when you approached him. And indeed it's 'dippy-ness' was what pulled our attention.

Menno

Master
    Failed post

Master
    This is Mitzie my Aunt's dog, taken last summer in the Brecons;

Were you on safari in the Brecons?