closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Dollar car rental at Knock Airport

Master

Dollar car rental at Knock Airport

I stupidly booked my car rental along with my air fare (Ryanair) and have got one from Dollar Car rental (part of Hertz I understand?). Has anyone experience of them? It's too late for me to change but any experiences would be appreciated. I will obviously take all the usual steps (photos and walk around checks before leaving the compound).

I think I did budget rental from Knock although it would have been a long time ago. Didn’t have any problems. My only issue in Ireland has actually been Europcar in Dublin who were initially refusing to release the car unless I took out their most expensive insurance policy despite already being covered, saying it was ‘policy’. When I argued, they couldn’t show me the policy and had to give me the car.

Master
    I’ve rented from Knock on many occasions. Mainly budget but also from most of the other rental companies. I’ve never had an issue.

Craftsman
    Lancaster / Stavanger / Fishguard, Norway / UK
    I rent in Ireland regularly. Often there is insurance hard sell - mostly manageable but I will never rent from Europcar there again as they are crazy aggressive on the insurance browbeating of customers. I usually use National/Enterprise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We regularly fly to Knock, and then take a rental over to Co Mayo for a week.
    I use Avis under a company wide discount scheme booked via AMEX travel.

The rental booths are near the exit door, and your booking agent may have stepped outside for a smoke - be prepared for a short delay.
    The car handlers are pretty laid back, but it is worth taking detailed pics of any existing damage to your vehicle before and after collection.

Don’t ever look at TrustPilot reviews of ANY car hire company.

Craftsman
    We have a house in Mayo and fly into knock. Never used dollar club, but frequently use Avis/budget without problems.

Used Dollar recently at Stansted, it was just Hertz, same desk, cars, procedures etc.

Master
    Thanks guys. Panic averted then. I visualised an old Morris Marina tied up with string! :) (Although if it's Dollar rather than Pound or Euro, maybe they will substitute a Mustang!) The last time we were there, we used Europcar and there was a definite push for the insurance extras, even though I had pre- purchased the extra cover and had a policy and cover note to prove. We ended up on good terms and got a free upgrade without asking!