closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,500 of 2545

Thread: Show us your dogs

  1. #2451
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,912
    Neil C: Deana was most definitely a wonderful example of a Bull Terrier. She looked to be a great character and a lot of fun to live with. Big personalities indeed.

  2. #2452
    Grand Master Neil.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    SE England
    Posts
    23,923
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Neil C: Deana was most definitely a wonderful example of a Bull Terrier. She looked to be a great character and a lot of fun to live with. Big personalities indeed.
    Thanks mate.

    She was.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RD200 View Post
    Polo checking out the Murphy’s Army Purple Poppy Campaign

    Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk
    A lovely tribute.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

    My Speedmaster website:

    http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

  3. #2453
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,135
    Lazy Sunday Afternoon:



  4. #2454
    Grand Master 100thmonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    London Town
    Posts
    16,434


    My pair of arseholes
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say,
    For Their Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today"

  5. #2455
    Jump!



    ...you can make it!



    OOoooooooh, nearly....



    .................and faceplant....


  6. #2456
    Master Gavbaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Rochdale, UK
    Posts
    1,511
    Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    Jump!



    ...you can make it!



    OOoooooooh, nearly....



    .................and faceplant....

    Great photos!

  7. #2457
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Great photos!
    Thanks, but they`d be a lot better if i had a decent camera and knew how to use it!
    I`m just a point-and-shoot with a pocket camera kinda` dude but the dogs go mad when out and about and a perfectly-framed (and in focus) shot of them with a decent camera would be great.
    My pics seem to look like the outlines of the hounds are not natural-looking with the background and look `Photoshopped`.
    My daughter has a Canon DSLR which i once tried, but it`s either a fairly old one (or low-rent) and was no better (only about 8MP).
    I`d probably get acceptable results with an Iphone..


  8. #2458
    Master MarkO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    21.7738° N, 72.2719° W
    Posts
    3,273



    My two on our Sunday morning walk .

    Local “Potcake” rescue puppies now grown up .

  9. #2459
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    She’s a pharaoh hound, name of Candy. Gorgeous isn’t she?

    We have a bronze of a Pharaoh hound led with the same leg cross!



    And weirdly we have it because of a red setter we had, who was shaped very similarly and always led the same way, the setter was called Candy.....



    So all in all, I thoroughly approve of your choice for all the reasons above!

  10. #2460
    Master Gavbaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Rochdale, UK
    Posts
    1,511
    Tiring day for my new best friend Stan.



  11. #2461
    Grand Master oldoakknives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brussel land.
    Posts
    13,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Tiring day for my new best friend Stan.


    Great looking pupper. Pups can be hard work but the rewards are worth it.
    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway.

  12. #2462
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    14,843
    Blog Entries
    2
    ahhh he is beautiful.

  13. #2463
    Grand Master Griswold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    16,400
    I'm dog sitting for two weeks while my Sister goes on holiday. Molly had been seriously ill recently and at 13 my Sister wasn't sure she would survive! She looks fine now though....

    Best Regards - Peter

    I hate being bipolar, its brilliant.

  14. #2464
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    West Brom
    Posts
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    I'll bet the owner loved that.

    Some people get EBT's and some don't but they really are the funniest clownish dogs around, full of character.

    Here's my previous little girl, Deana.

    Best dog I have ever owned.

    Buried in the garden under an apple tree.



    Lovely dog Neil.C, my old boy is 11 1/2, still has his 'bully moments'. I'm going to be lost without him.


  15. #2465
    Master hhhh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On the M25...probably
    Posts
    3,259
    Monday’s can certainly be tough...


  16. #2466
    Master thieuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GMT+1
    Posts
    6,708
    Blog Entries
    1

    Show us your dogs

    Meet Max. A 10 y/o Labrador.

    Max’ owner is a former colleague & friend, living on the outskirts of town; near the Royal Palace. That's a mix of meadows and woodland.

    Max used to live in the house next to my colleague's. At least, that’s what she found out 2 yrs ago! She didn't even know that the dog had been there for nearly 8 yrs! Max had only been in the house and on the fairly large grounds of that neighbour all his life. He had never been out for ‘walkies’, didn’t know about cars, didn't know other people than the older couple and had never been in water!

    The old neighbour passed away two years ago (his wife had passed away a few years ealier). That's when my colleague found out about Max. Instantly, she and her husband adopted Max. He had to learn everything! Simply things as 'sit', 'follow' etc. Like puppy training for an older dog. Luckily his new owners are patient people and Max is without a doubt the nicest dog around who still eager to learn.

    He’s still shy and doesn’t go well with a lot of people near him. He's afraid and he wants to hide. He needs a lot of encouragement to stay 'in the crowd.' This morning, he ducked away when he saw me. A few minutes later, he tried to move closer. All that time, he stayed in physical contact with his owner. He leaned against her leg while examining my hand. Only after that, the tail started to wag. More or less...

    That's the reason that Max has to wear a nozzle near children He has never harmed a kid, but he simply doesn't understand their quick moves and direct approach. Better safe than sorry. An ad to that her own experience being bitten in the face by a rottweiler years ago, you can understand how careful my friend and her husband are. Luckily, my colleague has a large swimming pond in the woodland behind her house. And she takes him on long walks into the meadows and the woodland (nozzled). But, swimming is the greatest thing on earth for Max!

    M



    (The rottweiler had broken loose from a farmer's yard when she was on her bike. The dog knocked off her bike and instantly bit her in the face when she was on the ground).

    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by thieuster; 28th October 2019 at 16:18.

  17. #2467
    Craftsman JamieTheBarber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    266


    Couldn’t move for two hours


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #2468
    Master Gavbaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Rochdale, UK
    Posts
    1,511

    Show us your dogs

    I’m too tired to listen with both ears. ;)

    Last edited by Gavbaz; 4th November 2019 at 14:48.

  19. #2469
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    522
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    I’m too tired to listen with both ears. ;)

    Reminds me of Shabooh, my GSD I had a few years ago. Great dogs.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  20. #2470
    Master thieuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GMT+1
    Posts
    6,708
    Blog Entries
    1
    Nice! he looks knackered! Almost home/near the car? Or...?

  21. #2471
    Master Gavbaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Rochdale, UK
    Posts
    1,511
    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    Nice! he looks knackered! Almost home/near the car? Or...?
    Just at the end of my drive onto road. Only on short walks with him at the minute. Think the kids tired him out before school this morning! :)

  22. #2472
    Master thieuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GMT+1
    Posts
    6,708
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Just at the end of my drive onto road. Only on short walks with him at the minute. Think the kids tired him out before school this morning! :)
    What a life: waking up, playing with the kids, walkies and then back into the house for a long-deserved nap. I think I forgot 'eating' somewhere in that list.

    It's a great dog. For now and the future: just keep posting these pics.

  23. #2473
    Master Gavbaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Rochdale, UK
    Posts
    1,511

    Show us your dogs

    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    What a life: waking up, playing with the kids, walkies and then back into the house for a long-deserved nap. I think I forgot 'eating' somewhere in that list.

    It's a great dog. For now and the future: just keep posting these pics.
    That is the plan for sure and will do.
    Last edited by Gavbaz; 4th November 2019 at 20:40.

  24. #2474
    Grand Master Neil.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    SE England
    Posts
    23,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    Lovely dog Neil.C, my old boy is 11 1/2, still has his 'bully moments'. I'm going to be lost without him.

    What a great pic Tone.

    Very handsome boy.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

    My Speedmaster website:

    http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

  25. #2475
    Master ed335d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    4,668
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieTheBarber View Post


    Couldn’t move for two hours


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My usual evening position!


  26. #2476
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Aylesbury
    Posts
    1,070
    Quote Originally Posted by hhhh View Post
    Monday’s can certainly be tough...

    Love them!!

  27. #2477
    Grand Master oldoakknives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brussel land.
    Posts
    13,439
    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    Meet Max. A 10 y/o Labrador.

    Max’ owner is a former colleague & friend, living on the outskirts of town; near the Royal Palace. That's a mix of meadows and woodland.

    Max used to live in the house next to my colleague's. At least, that’s what she found out 2 yrs ago! She didn't even know that the dog had been there for nearly 8 yrs! Max had only been in the house and on the fairly large grounds of that neighbour all his life. He had never been out for ‘walkies’, didn’t know about cars, didn't know other people than the older couple and had never been in water!

    The old neighbour passed away two years ago (his wife had passed away a few years ealier). That's when my colleague found out about Max. Instantly, she and her husband adopted Max. He had to learn everything! Simply things as 'sit', 'follow' etc. Like puppy training for an older dog. Luckily his new owners are patient people and Max is without a doubt the nicest dog around who still eager to learn.

    He’s still shy and doesn’t go well with a lot of people near him. He's afraid and he wants to hide. He needs a lot of encouragement to stay 'in the crowd.' This morning, he ducked away when he saw me. A few minutes later, he tried to move closer. All that time, he stayed in physical contact with his owner. He leaned against her leg while examining my hand. Only after that, the tail started to wag. More or less...

    That's the reason that Max has to wear a nozzle near children He has never harmed a kid, but he simply doesn't understand their quick moves and direct approach. Better safe than sorry. An ad to that her own experience being bitten in the face by a rottweiler years ago, you can understand how careful my friend and her husband are. Luckily, my colleague has a large swimming pond in the woodland behind her house. And she takes him on long walks into the meadows and the woodland (nozzled). But, swimming is the greatest thing on earth for Max!

    M



    (The rottweiler had broken loose from a farmer's yard when she was on her bike. The dog knocked off her bike and instantly bit her in the face when she was on the ground).

    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    So nice that someone saw him for what he is, and understood his needs. Tell them thanks from me, when you see them next.
    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway.

  28. #2478
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    15



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  29. #2479
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Lake District
    Posts
    1,111
    Loki ratching for a stone in Crummock then on a walk round Buttermere.





  30. #2480
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    278



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  31. #2481
    Master Gavbaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Rochdale, UK
    Posts
    1,511
    This mornings walk. The ‘mini-lake district’ as its know locally.


  32. #2482
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Lake District
    Posts
    1,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    This mornings walk. The ‘mini-lake district’ as its know locally.

    What a great looking dog, like butter wouldn't melt😉

  33. #2483
    Master wileeeeeey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    This mornings walk. The ‘mini-lake district’ as its know locally.
    Beautiful photos. Beats the local walks here in London. What a good looking good boy! How long until he's allowed off the lead?

  34. #2484
    Master Gavbaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Rochdale, UK
    Posts
    1,511
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Beautiful photos. Beats the local walks here in London. What a good looking good boy! How long until he's allowed off the lead?
    Not sure what the protocol with that is. Trying to work on his recall, sure he will pick it up quickly. Any tips?

  35. #2485
    Master Gavbaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Rochdale, UK
    Posts
    1,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    What a great looking dog, like butter wouldn't melt
    Thank you.

  36. #2486
    Master wileeeeeey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Not sure what the protocol with that is. Trying to work on his recall, sure he will pick it up quickly. Any tips?
    Differing opinions (I have no dog). Some say to keep on the lead for the first year and you'll never have an issue, others say to let off and walk in different directions constantly so the dog has to keep an eye on you constantly and stay near.

    Few more years and then I can finally get a dog!

  37. #2487
    Grand Master oldoakknives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brussel land.
    Posts
    13,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Not sure what the protocol with that is. Trying to work on his recall, sure he will pick it up quickly. Any tips?
    Start from small distances and work your way up. Don't call or whistle more than once. If they don't come, go and get them. I hear owners calling and calling and the dogs just ignoring them. If they get away with it once they think it doesn't matter. Always reward with something, even if it's just praise, so they know they did the right thing.

    If you struggle get professional help asap, preferably on recommendations.
    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway.

  38. #2488
    Master thieuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GMT+1
    Posts
    6,708
    Blog Entries
    1
    Recall should be something nice. Nicer than 'staying out'. It works by association. Returning to the boss = reward, fun, play or similar. Some dogs are quick, others are slowwwwww. Plant the seed now his young. Make it a play-thing with a reward.

  39. #2489
    Master Gavbaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Rochdale, UK
    Posts
    1,511
    Thanks for the tips guys. Appreciated.

  40. #2490
    Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,941
    Dolly our Frenchie is the world's least effective burglar deterrent

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  41. #2491
    Just popped home for a quick comfort break and Mable is determined that I should not go back to work today

  42. #2492
    Master Maysie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sunny Suffolk
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Not sure what the protocol with that is. Trying to work on his recall, sure he will pick it up quickly. Any tips?
    A few recall training tips:

    Use a long-line of you are worried he wont come back to you.

    Using 2 people makes the initial training easier to control (and praise) appropriately. You probably wont need 2 people for many sessions.

    Start the training in a location where there are limited distractions and work up from there.

    When he/you are ready, introduce a whistle for the recall command. It is much more discrete than shouting at the top of your voice at 6am, when your dog has chased a rabbit/hare/deer into the nearby farmers garden.....

    LOADS of praise and never scald them. I got angry (tone of voice only) with my youngest pup and now he is reluctant to come back to me, even though I have never done it again since.

    Little and often is better than a single marathon when it comes to training.

    Always end on a positive note.

    Always be consistent.

    Always be patient. If it is not going well, knock it on the head and come out another day.

  43. #2493
    Master Gavbaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Rochdale, UK
    Posts
    1,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    A few recall training tips:

    Use a long-line of you are worried he wont come back to you.

    Using 2 people makes the initial training easier to control (and praise) appropriately. You probably wont need 2 people for many sessions.

    Start the training in a location where there are limited distractions and work up from there.

    When he/you are ready, introduce a whistle for the recall command. It is much more discrete than shouting at the top of your voice at 6am, when your dog has chased a rabbit/hare/deer into the nearby farmers garden.....

    LOADS of praise and never scald them. I got angry (tone of voice only) with my youngest pup and now he is reluctant to come back to me, even though I have never done it again since.

    Little and often is better than a single marathon when it comes to training.

    Always end on a positive note.

    Always be consistent.

    Always be patient. If it is not going well, knock it on the head and come out another day.


    Thank you. Really appreciated.

  44. #2494
    Master draftsmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Malta and sometimes bits of Brit
    Posts
    4,324
    At last after a LOT of visits to the dog sanctuary Candy is home and settling in with her new pack...



    We also brought home James, a much older tal fenek with an unfortunate history- apparently thrown out by the farmer he spent his first few years with and then went through two abortive rehomings. I think he may be around 9 years old and I suspect he may have sandfly disease so will be going for blood tests and if he has it will be on medication for the rest of his life but hopefully he’ll get to enjoy at least a couple of good years with a family...



    Finally a group shot of the whole pack- L-R Candy, Pie, Jenny, James. All rescue dogs...


  45. #2495
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,570
    ^^^^Basking in the sun, just the job^^^^👍👍

  46. #2496
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Hertfordshire UK
    Posts
    334
    Still the best non watch thread on the forum I’m dog sitting Ruby the Staff at the moment. Have never seen a dog lay down like this, looks so uncomfortable!




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  47. #2497
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    522
    Our Ozzie, unsure what he is doing!!!

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  48. #2498
    Grand Master oldoakknives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brussel land.
    Posts
    13,439
    Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    At last after a LOT of visits to the dog sanctuary Candy is home and settling in with her new pack...



    We also brought home James, a much older tal fenek with an unfortunate history- apparently thrown out by the farmer he spent his first few years with and then went through two abortive rehomings. I think he may be around 9 years old and I suspect he may have sandfly disease so will be going for blood tests and if he has it will be on medication for the rest of his life but hopefully he’ll get to enjoy at least a couple of good years with a family...



    Finally a group shot of the whole pack- L-R Candy, Pie, Jenny, James. All rescue dogs...

    Great looking pack. Hope James gets on ok.
    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway.

  49. #2499
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    2,825
    Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    At last after a LOT of visits to the dog sanctuary Candy is home and settling in with her new pack...



    We also brought home James, a much older tal fenek with an unfortunate history- apparently thrown out by the farmer he spent his first few years with and then went through two abortive rehomings. I think he may be around 9 years old and I suspect he may have sandfly disease so will be going for blood tests and if he has it will be on medication for the rest of his life but hopefully he’ll get to enjoy at least a couple of good years with a family...



    Finally a group shot of the whole pack- L-R Candy, Pie, Jenny, James. All rescue dogs...

    Massive love and respect to you for rehoming these rescue dogs.

  50. #2500
    Quote Originally Posted by SiSetts View Post
    Ahhhh!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •