closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 65 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,250 of 4549

Thread: Show us your dogs

Master

- - - Updated - - -

So apparently dogs are allowed in B&Q, who knew?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    H

Well here he is, ladies and gentlemen meet Harley S*** for Brains!

We picked him up Sunday and he’s absolutely crackers! I reckon he’s more Sprocker than Cocker Spaniel and is totally ball obsessed, we took him down the road to East Wittering beach yesterday and he loved it, if he could’ve played with a ball as well he’d have thought he had died and gone heaven.
    We’ll let his coat grow out a bit for the winter but that syrup has gotta go, he looks like Mick Hucknall on a bad hair day.
    We have just reserved a chocolate Sprocker, he is about 3 weeks old at the moment.
    We lost our second Boxer 2 years ago and Mrs R has been pining ever since. A disastrous few weeks with a Hungarian rescue earlier this year put me off dogs but apparently a Spaniel is just the type of dog that suits our lifestyle and can be trained easily from a pup. We will see. Don't ask how much!

H

Well here he is, ladies and gentlemen meet Harley S*** for Brains!

We picked him up Sunday and he’s absolutely crackers! I reckon he’s more Sprocker than Cocker Spaniel and is totally ball obsessed, we took him down the road to East Wittering beach yesterday and he loved it, if he could’ve played with a ball as well he’d have thought he had died and gone heaven.
    We’ll let his coat grow out a bit for the winter but that syrup has gotta go, he looks like Mick Hucknall on a bad hair day.
    He looks like a bundle of fun and energy!!

Cracking looking dog!

I agree with the Mick Hucknall lookey likey too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    Don't ask how much!
    We've been looking lately, 2.5 - 3k? But I'm sure he/she will be worth every penny. More than a little envious.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech;[URL="tel:5592015"
    5592015[/URL]]We've been looking lately, 2.5 - 3k? But I'm sure he/she will be worth every penny. More than a little envious.

We couldn’t believe the price of puppies, £5000 for an English Cocker Spaniel being the the highest we’d seen in the last few weeks! Over £2000 for puppies who’s mum is a SprockerPoo and dad’s JackaPoo, called a Heinz57 mongrel in the good old days.

Craftsman
    Ozzie on the charge.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

We couldn’t believe the price of puppies, £5000 for an English Cocker Spaniel being the the highest we’d seen in the last few weeks! Over £2000 for puppies who’s mum is a SprockerPoo and dad’s JackaPoo, called a Heinz57 mongrel in the good old days.
    That's what has amazed me, not the 3-5k for actual breeds, but 2-3k for what are basically mutts. I've no doubt lovely mutts from lovely parents that will make perfect companions, but mutts all the same. These doggies used to be free to a good home. Sproodles, jackapoos, ladradoodles, etc etc. Name them what they like, I name them mutts. Doesn't stop me wanting one though.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    That's what has amazed me, not the 3-5k for actual breeds, but 2-3k for what are basically mutts. I've no doubt lovely mutts from lovely parents that will make perfect companions, but mutts all the same. These doggies used to be free to a good home. Sproodles, jackapoos, ladradoodles, etc etc. Name them what they like, I name them mutts. Doesn't stop me wanting one though.

A family friend has just got a Lab puppy. £2400. There were 12 in the litter!!

Sprockers were £500-600 this time last year, this one is costing us £2000.
    Mrs R has done her DD on the breed and breeder so hopefully we will get a dog that loves to walk, swim, go boating and paddle board.

Mrs R has done her DD on the breed and breeder so hopefully we will get a dog that loves to walk, swim, go boating and paddle board.
    If I may: if you want the dog to enjoy doing all that, make sure you get him used to all of the above before he is 6 months old (and make sure the experience is a positive one every time).
    What they discover after that age, they're weary of.
    And yes, it is a bit of a challenge at this time of the year.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Chocolate Sprocker sounds gorgeous! I'll be looking in the new year to hopefully get one in the spring. I've never toilet trained a puppy before so would like lighter evenings etc. This year 2k is not to bad at all compared to many, and I'm expecting to pay at least that from a good breeder, which is what I need to research next.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    If I may: if you want the dog to enjoy doing all that, make sure you get him used to all of the above before he is 6 months old (and make sure the experience is a positive one every time).
    What they discover after that age, they're weary of.
    And yes, it is a bit of a challenge at this time of the year.
    It will be a challenge in the winter but luckily we can get him to the coast regularly (without more lock downs) and exposed to most of what we do early on. It's always harder than you think with puppy's but hopefully we have learned from past mistakes. I'm hoping after 2 Boxers a Sprocker will be a doddle but I doubt it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    Chocolate Sprocker sounds gorgeous! I'll be looking in the new year to hopefully get one in the spring. I've never toilet trained a puppy before so would like lighter evenings etc. This year 2k is not to bad at all compared to many, and I'm expecting to pay at least that from a good breeder, which is what I need to research next.

We haven't met the breeder yet, we are planning a visit after the current lock down when the puppy's will be 5 weeks. We have just had video chats up till now but if all goes well I'm happy to pass on their details. They are in Kent.

Trying to strip the bed this morning, Mable has other ideas!

We haven't met the breeder yet, we are planning a visit after the current lock down when the puppy's will be 5 weeks. We have just had video chats up till now but if all goes well I'm happy to pass on their details. They are in Kent.
    I'll be very interested to hear how it all goes, and wish you the very best. Perhaps Kent would be too long a journey for me to subject a puppy too unfortunately, but any ideas on this would be very welcome.

Major Theodore Quentin Sky or Teddy for short.

Can trace his direct lineage back to the start of the breed, and his great grandfather was in 101 Dalmatians...9mths old and still growing.

Currently snoring like a pig on my favourite chair.....

Last edited by keitht; 20th November 2020 at 14:43.

In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Had this little boy for a week now we love him to bits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ELD1970 View Post
    Wow he's cute!

Craftsman

Very cute.
    Springer, Cocker or Sprocker?

He’s a show Cocker.....he has a permanent grumpy old mans face!

Craftsman
    He’s a show Cocker.....he has a permanent grumpy old mans face!

I can see he has a hard life!!

Lol he’s definitely not a working cocker!

Master
    One of the reasons dogs are being stolen from gardens, or when tied up outside shops etc.... I’d never leave my dogs unattended in public now days...

Master
    Loki just loving life as usual.

Craftsman
    Love me Grandad please.

Craftsman

Managed to get him to uses his toys and not my Yachtmaster.

He's taken to pushing up my hoodie to get to it

We had a terrific walk today and saw some lovely dogs... none of which managed to get in the state that this hooligan did though!

Lmao what a mucky pup

We were out walking walking Shadow, Ruby (Labradoodle) and Evie (Cockapoo) today

Shadow

... and we met a good looking large smooth haired brown dog whose breed we couldn't identify. Asking the owner, he said it was a Mastiff Doberman cross. Definitely more Doberman than Mastiff to look at. It was friendly and good natured when swarmed by our three, though a questionable mix to my mind. Apart from how good looking it was, the main question in my mind was what would you call the crossbreed? I came up with Doberstiff and Stifferman, although they are apparently known as a Mastiffman.

Master
    My niece has recently acquired a Shitzu-Poodle cross. Apparently the accepted name is Shitpoo.

Well, after many years of being on this forum, it was no surprise to me that this thread actually made me get my head around how to post a photograph.... I know its a watch forum but this is definitely my favourite thread.

I have two dogs. Clyde is our beautiful rescue from Greece. Left to die in a cement bag with his sister Bonnie and rescued by a charity. He had travelled all the way through Europe and its fair to say he was traumatised when we first met

This is him when we first saw him and fell in love... He just used to hide away, in bushes, in any gap he could find and just tried to make himself invisible.

[IMG][/IMG]

After a few months with us. He began to trust people and barked for the first time when he had been with us for three months.....

[IMG][/IMG]

He is now a proud, confident boy who has given us more than we could ever give him. I have been ill recently and he has kept me going on occasions..... He knows when I have had treatment and just quietly makes sure he is around me or touching me.

[IMG][/IMG]

He has just celebrated his 4th birthday. Every day he has been with us has been a privilege......

[IMG][/IMG]

With his brother from another mother.... and my better half......

[IMG][/IMG]

We made a lovely roast chicken dinner yesterday. Both larcenous whippets were banished from the kitchen, as they are more than capable of lightning-fast smash-and-grab in a busy kitchen...

Being booted out of the kitchen did not stop them hoping.

The flip side to Clyde, in my post above is this fella......... The blunt instrument that is Ossie.

He is a working English Springer Spaniel, who comes from good lines. It is fair to say that he is a character. He excels at everything he does and training him was easy. He is built to work and just loves to please. His favourite thing in the world is his ball, closely followed by water..... lakes, rivers, streams and the sea. He will try to swim in a puddle if no other water is available and feels that he has failed if he comes home dry. I blame myself. I took him to a lake when he was 11 weeks old and put him on the bank to see if he would take to water. He jumped in and started swimming towards the centre, got out about 100 yards and then did a bit of underwater stuff before deciding to return. I was panicking and had taken my boots off to go in after him, and there were members of the public stood terrified. He came back and did the same thing again. Its a good job we live near the sea, and have a caravan on the banks of the Dee.

As a pup, just getting him used to being out and about.

[IMG][/IMG]

He is now 2.5 years old and a trained gun dog now and is very good at what he does. I am also training him in scent work too, but as you can see, I taught him to lay on the item buried, but I never told him which way to lay when he found it....

[IMG][/IMG]

Now he is getting it.....

[IMG][/IMG]

He is a hunter and this pic sums him up when he is working. He actually runs in his sleep when he is lay upside down. I think he dreams of hunting.

[IMG][/IMG]

When not working he is just a beautiful pet who likes nothing more than to be with us. Brilliant in the house and turns off as soon as he is at home.

[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]

Loves his brother from another mother Clyde. This pic is actually a picture of despondency. There were 5 squirrels that appeared out of nowhere and scattered in all directions when they saw Ossie and Clyde. This pair sadly had five minutes of utter madness and never got near any of the squirrels. I was telling them that they were an embarrassment to their species when this pic was taken. This is the team debrief. The video is hilarious when I look back on it.....

[IMG][/IMG]

Master
    What a super couple of pups. Both full of character and loyalty.

I can't believe this is the first time I've dropped into this thread!

So many nice stories, nice pictures, and nice dogs.

When I get back to the UK next summer, I think I'll be getting a dog, and I'm really looking forward to it. PLease, posting!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    We had a terrific walk today and saw some lovely dogs... none of which managed to get in the state that this hooligan did though!

Our next door neighbour has a similar pup, we borrow her for our dog fix if he needs to go out for a while longer than he likes to leave her, or we're going for a walk and he's busy WFH, we just give her back at the end, his dog his bathing duties, hehe.
    That's one bit of dog ownership we don't miss, that and wet dark night walks.
    Another neighbour has just got a white/black doodle pup, now we'll have two to take out.

Craftsman
    Ozzie is to tired to watch the rugger with his grandad.

Craftsman
    Anyone ever seen a dog have a nosebleed ? Had to take our little staffie to have her nails trimmed today, she’d doesn’t like her paws being touched at the best of times but she had a full on nose bleed from the stress, never seen anything like it . She seems fine now but proper freaked me and the groomer out !!

Craftsman
    Also.....this little one joins the family on 5th January 2021....

Blog Entries
    Wonderful! Would you be so kind to upload pics of the pup's development. I'm pretty sure more people here like an update from time to time.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    In the local park last week
    uploads photos
    Last edited by RJM25R; 29th November 2020 at 11:55.

Tough day huh?

Craftsman

Last edited by ed335d; 23rd December 2020 at 23:48.

Grand Master

Rescued this one 2 weeks ago. She shouldnt have survived the night but did and now flourishing with me. Best thing to happen this year.
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post

Rescued this one 2 weeks ago. She shouldnt have survived the night but did and now flourishing with me. Best thing to happen this year.
    Good for you, she looks adorable