closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 82 of 85 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,100 of 4226

Thread: Show us your dogs

  1. #4051
    Master stoneyloon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sunny Stoney by the Sea!
    Posts
    3,432
    They're all a mix of red and white, just very dark at the moment...

    Cheers,

    Adam.

  2. #4052
    Grand Master thieuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GMT+1
    Posts
    10,218
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    Loki at Crummock water:




    Absolutely the best spot for a dog!

  3. #4053
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Lake District
    Posts
    2,466
    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    Absolutely the best spot for a dog!
    Yeah, he loves it. Only a short walk to the water but plenty of sniffs through the trees😁

  4. #4054
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Sulk View Post
    Archie having a bad hair day....

    Reminded me of Ozzy's bad ear day:


  5. #4055
    Master stoneyloon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sunny Stoney by the Sea!
    Posts
    3,432
    A tired Betty with pups...


    Cheers,

    Adam.

  6. #4056
    Grand Master thieuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GMT+1
    Posts
    10,218
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneyloon View Post
    A tired Betty with pups...


    Cheers,

    Adam.

    Wonderful! What do you feed her now while she's nursing (and feeding) her litter?

  7. #4057
    Master stoneyloon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sunny Stoney by the Sea!
    Posts
    3,432
    She's on 7 or 8 raw meals a day and has goats milk added to her water 3 times a day.

    Cheers,

    Adam.

  8. #4058
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneyloon View Post
    A tired Betty with pups...


    Cheers,

    Adam.
    Please give us updates
    I love Staffies and yours are perfect

  9. #4059
    Master stoneyloon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sunny Stoney by the Sea!
    Posts
    3,432
    Quote Originally Posted by marius View Post
    Please give us updates
    I love Staffies and yours are perfect
    Here's a few lazy ones between sessions at the milk bar from this morning....

    Cheers,

    Adam.

  10. #4060
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneyloon View Post
    A tired Betty with pups...

    Cheers,
    Adam.
    Beautiful photos.

    We love Staffies.
    I wonder how our 12 year old Staffy would react to a pup joining her

  11. #4061
    Master Andyp1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    1,458
    Ive posted Yogi before but here he is in the pub.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #4062
    Master stoneyloon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sunny Stoney by the Sea!
    Posts
    3,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyp1973 View Post
    Ive posted Yogi before but here he is in the pub.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yogi is a wee cracker.

    Cheers,

    Adam.

  13. #4063
    Craftsman RS404's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Norwich, Norfolk
    Posts
    814
    Love Jack Russells, here's our Maisie...


    Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

  14. #4064
    Master Andyp1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    1,458
    Quote Originally Posted by RS404 View Post
    Love Jack Russells, here's our Maisie...


    Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk
    Yogis a Parsons terrier. Basically a JR on stilts.

    Maisie a great colour.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #4065
    Journeyman Longwool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    93
    Wurzel ColliexHuntaway and 16 years old
    Coco and Teal both Sprockers




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #4066
    Grand Master Saint-Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ashford, Kent
    Posts
    27,271

    Show us your dogs

    16? Quite an innings, well done to them. And considering the vehicle, probably working dogs too.
    Respect.
    Last edited by Saint-Just; 7th October 2022 at 13:35.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

  17. #4067
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    SCOTLAND
    Posts
    1,373

    Show us your dogs

    Last edited by dek10000; 7th October 2022 at 18:16.

  18. #4068
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    52
    Pushing 13 and still bounces around like a pup!

    Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

  19. #4069
    Time for a post groom pint.

  20. #4070



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #4071
    Grand Master oldoakknives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    19,396
    Just love this thread.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

  22. #4072
    Master Gavbaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Lancashire, UK
    Posts
    3,312
    Stan and his best mate Martha.






    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  23. #4073
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    16,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ha! Brilliant. I love Dachshunds - they never fail to cheer me up.

  24. #4074
    Master SeanST150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    2,717
    Has anyone owned both an English Springer and a Labrador? Not necessarily at the same time. My girlfriend and I can't decide on the next dog, and I would welcome any thoughts of people who have experience with both breeds.

    I adore the exercise need and intelligence of a Springer. Also their desire to constantly want to please you. I like walking my Springers off lead, and watching them charge around, doing their own thing. The Labs I've seen on walks just look boring by comparison, just walking nicely on lead or just behind their owner.

    I guess I'm attracted to the chaos and whirlwind of energy that is a Springer. But I've not ever really been close to anyone who has a Lab to know their true nature most of the time.

  25. #4075
    Grand Master hogthrob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    16,065
    Blog Entries
    2
    If you like crazy, then a lab maybe isn't the right dog. Sounds like you need a red setter.


  26. #4076
    Grand Master Saint-Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ashford, Kent
    Posts
    27,271
    Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    If you like crazy, then a lab maybe isn't the right dog. Sounds like you need a red setter.

    No, that's crazy and stupid.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

  27. #4077
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Lake District
    Posts
    2,466
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    Has anyone owned both an English Springer and a Labrador? Not necessarily at the same time. My girlfriend and I can't decide on the next dog, and I would welcome any thoughts of people who have experience with both breeds.

    I adore the exercise need and intelligence of a Springer. Also their desire to constantly want to please you. I like walking my Springers off lead, and watching them charge around, doing their own thing. The Labs I've seen on walks just look boring by comparison, just walking nicely on lead or just behind their owner.

    I guess I'm attracted to the chaos and whirlwind of energy that is a Springer. But I've not ever really been close to anyone who has a Lab to know their true nature most of the time.
    I've had both, Springer quite a few years back now and currently have a black Lab. To be honest my Lab is more of a handful than the springer was. The Springer was very energetic, couldn't seem to walk her enough even though I was up on the Cumbrian fells all the time but my Lab is more bonkers. He's more alert to anything and everything. Cats, rabbits, squirrels etc. Doesn't need as much walking to wear him out (although he gets plenty) but absolutely loves water. Any puddle, stream, river etc and he's in it. I've really got to keep my eye on him more than I did with my Springer, he definitely doesn't just plod along next to me even though he's trained quite well. In the house any slight noise from outside and he rushes to the balcony windows, or front door, with heckles up (even though he's a complete softy). My Springer was more relaxed about everything, Loki seems more hyped by comparison. He follows me everywhere I go (which does my wife's head in😁). Suppose a lot of it comes down to the individual dog, a bit like humans. He's currently watching me while.im typing this:

  28. #4078
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Lake District
    Posts
    2,466
    Now waiting intently for me to throw his ball, have awoken the beast:

  29. #4079
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Stan and his best mate Martha.






    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Love it pal


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  30. #4080
    Master sish101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    County Durham
    Posts
    3,530
    Stan is a magnificent animal.

    Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

  31. #4081
    Master SeanST150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    2,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    I've had both, Springer quite a few years back now and currently have a black Lab. To be honest my Lab is more of a handful than the springer was. The Springer was very energetic, couldn't seem to walk her enough even though I was up on the Cumbrian fells all the time but my Lab is more bonkers. He's more alert to anything and everything. Cats, rabbits, squirrels etc. Doesn't need as much walking to wear him out (although he gets plenty) but absolutely loves water. Any puddle, stream, river etc and he's in it. I've really got to keep my eye on him more than I did with my Springer, he definitely doesn't just plod along next to me even though he's trained quite well. In the house any slight noise from outside and he rushes to the balcony windows, or front door, with heckles up (even though he's a complete softy). My Springer was more relaxed about everything, Loki seems more hyped by comparison. He follows me everywhere I go (which does my wife's head in😁). Suppose a lot of it comes down to the individual dog, a bit like humans. He's currently watching me while.im typing this:
    Thanks for the reply.

    My girlfriend says my 2 Springers (which spend most of their time with my ex - shared custody) are far more of a handful than any of the Labs she grew up with. As is always the case, personalities change from dog to dog.

  32. #4082
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Lake District
    Posts
    2,466
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

    My girlfriend says my 2 Springers (which spend most of their time with my ex - shared custody) are far more of a handful than any of the Labs she grew up with. As is always the case, personalities change from dog to dog.
    Yup, my brother in law has a black Lab which is the complete opposite of Loki, extremely docile and not really interested in anything (apart from food of course).

  33. #4083
    Master SeanST150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    2,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    Yup, my brother in law has a black Lab which is the complete opposite of Loki, extremely docile and not really interested in anything (apart from food of course).
    Docile and food driven is exactly what I don't want.

  34. #4084
    Master stoneyloon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sunny Stoney by the Sea!
    Posts
    3,432
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    Docile and food driven is exactly what I don't want.
    I don't think you want a lab then ...


    Cheers,

    Adam.

  35. #4085
    Grand Master RustyBin5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Scotland central
    Posts
    12,944



  36. #4086
    Grand Master thieuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GMT+1
    Posts
    10,218
    Blog Entries
    5
    A lab or a springer is a world of difference.

    I would extend your search and start making a list of what you want, what you expect from your dog and... what your dog can expect from you. Perhaps that's the most important part. Labs and springers are perhaps 'first choice' but another breed in the house can bring something new. A former neighbour has a lab X schnautzer mix. A wonderfully looking happy dog. Easy to train and with characteristics of both breeds.

    Stay away from dogs that are used for hunting etc if the dog cannot rely on you to take him/her out for long, long walks. I see it nearby: two German pointers with too much energy... one is constantly trying to kill the other. Serious business: the owners ended up in the hospital for stitches and a tetanus shot. Simply because walking them 30mins/day is not enough!

    Even my I want to stay close to home because I'm a guard dog-Rottweiler is the happiest dog in our hamlet when I walk him for hours, giving him the chance to 'read all the p-mail'.

    I went to town on my bike the other day and spotted a lady who was in a hurry, pulling a Flemish shepard (Briard?) through a park. The dog needed to empty his bowels so to speak. With traffic around him, all exposed, no safe, quiet spot. I felt sorry for the dog. These big boys need a calm and quiet spot as well. Not a town park with bikes, cars rushing around them.

  37. #4087
    Master Gavbaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Lancashire, UK
    Posts
    3,312
    Quote Originally Posted by sish101 View Post
    Stan is a magnificent animal.

    Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves
    Thanks. I agree. :)

  38. #4088
    Master Gavbaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Lancashire, UK
    Posts
    3,312
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post


    Always great to see Molly.

  39. #4089
    Grand Master RustyBin5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Scotland central
    Posts
    12,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Always great to see Molly.
    Im sure she would get on with your
    Big boy

  40. #4090
    Master SeanST150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    2,717
    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    A lab or a springer is a world of difference.

    I would extend your search and start making a list of what you want, what you expect from your dog and... what your dog can expect from you. Perhaps that's the most important part. Labs and springers are perhaps 'first choice' but another breed in the house can bring something new. A former neighbour has a lab X schnautzer mix. A wonderfully looking happy dog. Easy to train and with characteristics of both breeds.

    Stay away from dogs that are used for hunting etc if the dog cannot rely on you to take him/her out for long, long walks. I see it nearby: two German pointers with too much energy... one is constantly trying to kill the other. Serious business: the owners ended up in the hospital for stitches and a tetanus shot. Simply because walking them 30mins/day is not enough!

    Even my I want to stay close to home because I'm a guard dog-Rottweiler is the happiest dog in our hamlet when I walk him for hours, giving him the chance to 'read all the p-mail'.

    I went to town on my bike the other day and spotted a lady who was in a hurry, pulling a Flemish shepard (Briard?) through a park. The dog needed to empty his bowels so to speak. With traffic around him, all exposed, no safe, quiet spot. I felt sorry for the dog. These big boys need a calm and quiet spot as well. Not a town park with bikes, cars rushing around them.
    Sound advice.

    The challenge is we want different dogs. I guess that's life. I just adore my 2 Springers, and love that they are madder than a box of frogs. Exercising them is not a problem. I'm allowed to take dogs to the office so they don't need to be alone for more than a few hours.

    She wants an easy family friendly dog. I just don't see the point in having a lethargic dog, might as well get a cat.

  41. #4091
    Grand Master Saint-Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ashford, Kent
    Posts
    27,271
    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    I went to town on my bike the other day and spotted a lady who was in a hurry, pulling a Flemish shepherd (Briard?) through a park.
    I think you are referring to a Laekenois, and it's a Belgian Shepherd (after Laken (Flemish spelling), a suburb of Brussels), although it is possible that in the Netherlands they are called Flemish...
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

  42. #4092
    Grand Master Neil.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    SE England
    Posts
    26,322
    Dot has been in kennels for three weeks while we were away so it is lovely to be reunited although she has a few bad traits since we got her back (getting on the furniture etc) .



    Cheers,
    Neil.

    My Speedmaster website:

    http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

  43. #4093
    Grand Master Neil.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    SE England
    Posts
    26,322
    While in the USA I had my son's BT to contend with. She has a far different nature to Dot and anything that gets in her yard is seen as prey .

    She caught and ate a rabbit whilst we were there.

    She's a monster.

    Cheers,
    Neil.

    My Speedmaster website:

    http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

  44. #4094
    Grand Master hogthrob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    16,065
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    Sound advice.

    The challenge is we want different dogs. I guess that's life. I just adore my 2 Springers, and love that they are madder than a box of frogs. Exercising them is not a problem. I'm allowed to take dogs to the office so they don't need to be alone for more than a few hours.

    She wants an easy family friendly dog. I just don't see the point in having a lethargic dog, might as well get a cat.
    Perhaps a springador would be the perfect compromise?

  45. #4095
    Grand Master thieuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GMT+1
    Posts
    10,218
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    While in the USA I had my son's BT to contend with. She has a far different nature to Dot and anything that gets in her yard is seen as prey .

    She caught and ate a rabbit whilst we were there.

    She's a monster.

    Wow, catching a rabbit! She's quick then!

  46. #4096
    Master SeanST150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    2,717
    Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Perhaps a springador would be the perfect compromise?
    You could be right.

  47. #4097
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Lake District
    Posts
    2,466
    Loki after a good day up Whinlatter:



  48. #4098
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    813


    Had a day at the beach.

  49. #4099
    Master ed335d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    5,545

  50. #4100
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,570
    Shes in there somewhere


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information