closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 73 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your dogs

Hybrid View

Master

Show us your dogs

We have show us your cars, airguns, knives etc, and occasionally watches. But have we had one devoted to our best friends. Here's Wesson, who replaced Smith.

Wonder if anyone recognises the breed.......the names might help.

Here's my mut.

Here's a couple of Nugget!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Here's my mut.

Is that really his opinion of you? ;)

Master
    Sorry folks couldn't resist.

Wesson at twelve weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
    Sorry folks couldn't resist.

Wesson at twelve weeks.
    Well if we're going puppy, here's Fergie with his litter brother Elvis and Bella the wondermum....

Looking more like rats than Staffies.....

Master
    knew I had some of Benny looking cute in the snow.....

awww, look at his big cute face

and one of him with his gay paw pose

Tasha demonstrating that her SAS winter training paid off as she blends in to her surroundings

I don't want a kiss off you, you stupid brindle lunatic

It's my snow ball, out of the way!

and this is how to chill your nuts, hang on, where'd me nuts go!

Paul

Journeyman
    Our family dog Fergus.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bernouls; 2nd December 2013 at 04:21.

Journeyman
    Really enjoyable thread!

Here's Bella, our 18 month old chocolate lab.

Here's Milka. He passed away earlier this year and I've struggled even to look at dogs since then. He was a wonderful cocker/golden retriever cross. My first dog.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by o u t a t i m e View Post
    Here's Milka. He passed away earlier this year and I've struggled even to look at dogs since then. He was a wonderful cocker/golden retriever cross. My first dog.
    I'm sure Milka would want another doggie to have such a caring master, I use the word master lightly :)

Here's my little girl.

She passed away nearly two years ago just before Christmas. She is buried in my garden under an apple tree.

I still haven't managed to buy another BT as I know none would come close and I would always be comparing.

Perhaps in the future.

RIP Deana.

Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Here's my little girl.

She passed away nearly two years ago just before Christmas. She is buried in my garden under an apple tree.

I still haven't managed to buy another BT as I know none would come close and I would always be comparing.

Perhaps in the future.

RIP Deana.

Good looking girl
    I know the feeling my BT Bully died 5 yrs ago and still can't get my head round getting another
    He was my best mate
    Welling up thinking about it now
    And I'm not a softy namby pamby type

Never met a man yet I wouldn't fight
    But I bloody cried for months
    Felt worse when he went than my parents
    I'd never get another breed , maybe one day
    But the memory's are great

Quote Originally Posted by ragerover View Post
    Good looking girl
    I know the feeling my BT Bully died 5 yrs ago and still can't get my head round getting another
    He was my best mate
    Welling up thinking about it now
    And I'm not a softy namby pamby type

Never met a man yet I wouldn't fight
    But I bloody cried for months
    Felt worse when he went than my parents
    I'd never get another breed , maybe one day
    But the memory's are great
    Cheers Rage, couldn't agree more.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Journeyman
    Bella as a pup

Now, aged 3

Oops. Pics went wrong!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by manganr; 12th March 2018 at 19:25.

Quote Originally Posted by o u t a t i m e View Post

Does get easier but never leaves you
    I'm pleased to say

Quote Originally Posted by WingTsun View Post
    Just lost mine this morning just before 12. She was 19 years old and my best friend. Not going to be an easy day. :(
    I'm really sorry to hear this.

Master
    At least this post has given me a few laughs, also a few tears. Thanks to all

But yet another

" If you think I'm bloody moving"

Oh dear, just realised this is my 250th post, funny didn't hear the fanfare or the bells.

Master
    Just lost mine this morning just before 12. She was 19 years old and my best friend. Not going to be an easy day. :(
    Feel for you , I really do.

Terribly sorry to hear that Dunc.I know that there are plenty of dog lovers on this forum including myself and they will be thinking of you and your sad loss.
    Last edited by itsgotournameonit; 4th August 2013 at 14:31.

These 2 have been on here before

Fudge is nearly 3 now

and Bailee our latest and only 4 months

Master
    Here is my fab little mate Sprout

Quote Originally Posted by andy armitage View Post
    Here is my fab little mate Sprout

Foxy & Jack say Hi there Sprout - woof

Here's my two long haired Dachshunds - Foxy (cream) and Jack

Go to say there's some super dogs and super photographs of them

As there are some snow shots here's some of Foxy and Jack

This one of my son holding Jack - he was so snowbound he couldn't move in the snow lol

Blog Entries
    Here's our little girl, was 10 in March, still thinks she is 10 months !
    Every man should own at least 1 dog

This is Cass..

Lost her in February unfortunately, aged 13. Not a pedigree or anything special, just a mongrel with a bit of everything.

Couldn't have asked for a better friend though, she had a great temperament and lived a full life. I still miss her :-/

Guss and poppy
    my fur babies

Master
    Thanks guys. She had two seizures this morning and by the time I got her to the vets she was close to going. Not many dogs make 19 years so she had a great innings and with the family away last night she was curled up next to me on the bed when it happened so I was able to be with her right to the end. Like Neil I've buried her under an archway in our garden, close to the Cherry tree I planted for my Mum when she went 3 years ago. I still have my other little dog and hopefully there's many years in him, yet. He's unusually quiet at the moment and I think he senses his mate's not coming back. Tough day. Will have a couple of beers later, I think. The wife and my little son just arrived home and am doing my best to blink back the tears but it's proving hard. Need to find something to occupy the rest if the day, me thinks.
    All I can say, and I think everyone will agree, I feel privileged to read your post. Any dog owner will share your feelings at this time.

Thank you.

Master
    Thanks guys. She had two seizures this morning and by the time I got her to the vets she was close to going. Not many dogs make 19 years so she had a great innings and with the family away last night she was curled up next to me on the bed when it happened so I was able to be with her right to the end. Like Neil I've buried her under an archway in our garden, close to the Cherry tree I planted for my Mum when she went 3 years ago. I still have my other little dog and hopefully there's many years in him, yet. He's unusually quiet at the moment and I think he senses his mate's not coming back. Tough day. Will have a couple of beers later, I think. The wife and my little son just arrived home and am doing my best to blink back the tears but it's proving hard. Need to find something to occupy the rest if the day, me thinks.
    So very sorry to hear this. Very sad and brings back a lot of memories for me.
    Good luck with everything at this difficult time.

Just saw this, so sorry to hear your awful news mate.

Hopefully your other dog will fill the void a little.

All the best.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Master
    Here is Pringle, now 3 years old and a complete Mummy's boy

That's his "are you taking me for a walk?" look!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    That's his "are you taking me for a walk?" look!
    Know it all too well.;)

Master
    Hope nobody minds if I post another picture of my mate.

Wesson was my late wife's dog and now my only comfort. I live alone, no relatives and find making friends very difficult. But Wesson gives me a reason for getting up and getting on with life.

Sorry for the above but this thread seems to have brought out a lot of genuine feelings without the camouflage most of us use to hide our emotions.

Craftsman
    Hope nobody minds if I post another picture of my mate.

Wesson was my late wife's dog and now my only comfort. I live alone, no relatives and find making friends very difficult. But Wesson gives me a reason for getting up and getting on with life.

Sorry for the above but this thread seems to have brought out a lot of genuine feelings without the camouflage most of us use to hide our emotions.
    Welsh springer :) or a Brittany
    Last edited by Pennywise; 4th August 2013 at 22:08.

Master
    I must get around to uploading some more recent pictures of my 3 boxers.

Either way, here they are in no particluar order -

Tasha, all white, 12 years old, deaf, blind in one eye but still loves her walks, is ball mad and likes a play fight :-)

Splodge - 4 years old, all white boxer, born deaf, very loving dog and also ball mad!! We rescued her about 2 years ago, when she arrived she weighed 17kgs, had very little fur, was covered in her own urine, was scared stiff if you made fast movememnts, wouldn't go near water and wouldn't go out in the dark :-(

I'm happy to say she now weighs 28kgs, loves water, isn't afraid of the dark and loves cuddles :-)

Lastly, Benny, 4 year old male boxer weighing in at 8stone and he is absolutely solid and possibly the biggest boxer in the world!! I love the other two boxers to bits but Benny has a very special place in my heart. He is very protective of all the family and on the odd occasion I am away he is on full alert..... he don't know you, it's simple, you ain't coming in the house ;-)

He's a big boy........

Loves the kids

and makes me laugh out loud a lot with his lunatic ways

and in my opinion is handsome for a boxer

Our first ever boxer was Molly, sadly passed away 3 years ago and still very much missed and remembered with great affection, many great times had together and a lot of laughs.

Cannot see us ever being without a boxer, they have had a huge impact on our lives and repay our love and loyalty for them ten-fold. Each to their own I guess and many people just don't get them but we love em to bits.

Paul

Craftsman
    Pip a mini foxy crossed with a jack Russell, had her since she was 4 weeks old. She's 7 now and cost a small fortune to bring over from oz

http://db.tt/HmKdF4Ay
    Last edited by ac82; 4th August 2013 at 23:27.

A picture that's a couple of years old now, he's now 14 and slowing down a bit but going bonkers and behaving more like an puppy than an old man ..............

Cheers

Simon

Ralph Waldo Emerson: We ask for long life, but 'tis deep life, or noble moments that signify. Let the measure of time be spiritual, not mechanical.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerboy View Post
    I

Cannot see us ever being without a boxer, they have had a huge impact on our lives and repay our love and loyalty for them ten-fold. Each to their own I guess and many people just don't get them but we love em to bits.

Paul
    Great Dogs Paul.

We had a Boxer bitch called Lacey (lived for 11.5 years) before Deana.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Great Dogs Paul.

We had a Boxer bitch called Lacey (lived for 11.5 years) before Deana.
    Thanks Neil

I remember well when you posted about Deana passing and to be honest am a little surprised that another bull terrier isn't stomping around your place.

When we lost Molly our first boxer it hit us really hard, Molly was "my dog" so to speak but loved us all to bits and many tears were shed at ginger towers! Tasha our other boxer was also like a lost soul which was extremely sad to see. What we did though was foster boxers for a boxer rescue which is a whole other story, but, it helped us through what was a difficult time and to focus on the positives whilst also giving something back to dogs that were less fortunate than our own.

Within a short space of time and without really looking benny came up for adoption / fostering and the rest is history. He is, very much 'his own dog'. He has his own personality, habits, ways of doing things and also faults (he's a boxer, lets face it, they are never going to be perfect) and initially I worried that I would be comparing him to Molly, that however is not the case.

We were lucky in that Benny is so self assured and such a character, that whilst he does share some of Molly's character traits, he is also very different in many other ways, on that basis you tend to find that you never 'compare' them or think any less of them due the very fact that they are different. On the odd occassion that Benny does remind me of Molly because of the way he has done something it makes me smile as opposed to feeling sad.

I hope you are able to find room in your home and your heart for another BT as I am sure there are plenty of them out there that would love to share your lives........ they might share some of Deanas characteristics but I'll guarantee that they will be different in many, many ways but just occasionally remind you of her with a shared characteristic but I'll bet it makes you smile or laugh out loud as opposed to feeling sad.

Benny has us in stitches with his antics, he is a complete lunatic. One thing he does which Molly used to was try and fit in to a yorkshire terrier sized space next to you on our old sofa. With Molly this was less of an isssue as she was quite small for a boxer....... Benny isn't so what you end up with is 8 stone of brindle mongo perching his bum on the sofa sat bolt upright like a human whilst pushing against you. Of course, the outcome is obvious, Benny is like an imoveable object and eventually just 'leans you out of the way' until he has enough space to curl up in a ball partly on you and partly on the sofa.

Molly however would be far more stealthy and curl up in a tiny tight ball and gradually push you further along the sofa with her legs until she was completely comfortable, you weren't but she was. As you can see, they both have the same end goal and initial way of going about it but the bit in the middle is different, one used stealth, the other is just a bloody big lump that crushes you to death!!!

I'm waffling now but hope you find space for a Bull Terrier soon!

Paul

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post
    Welsh springer :) or a Brittany
    Well done, It's a Brittany. I've had them as gun dogs for about thirty years. Although they are recognised as being HPRs (Hunting,Pointing and Retrieving) they will easily get bored, hence for game shooting off a peg pretty useless, they will bring back one bird and that it. But for hunting, to see one going on point, is wonderful. Nowhere near as giddy as a Spaniel. Thow a ball once, beautiful retrieve, throw it again, not a chance.

Another reason that the breed isn't popular is that unless the dog has won a National Field Trial the Brittany Association frowns on that dog being entered for shows . Keeps the " " breeding for beauty competition " enthusiasts away. Incidentally one did win the Gun Dog section at Crufts a few years ago.

Must say there have been some wonderful piccies posted. But the bonus has been the little stories and anecdotes.

All lovely, but I do think the boxers gorgeous............but the rest of you, you are all poppets.

.:applause
    Last edited by BrianT; 5th August 2013 at 08:18.

Master
    Staffies are lovely, here's Wesson with his mate Alfie.

Master
    Wesson and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

We lost Smith, another Brittany, my wife who was at the time dying of cancer insisted that we immediately got another dog. Two years later she died, my God she was a very clever woman. The loss after 37 years of marriage was only endured because of my little man. Yes, at times he is a bastard, but at least he is my bastard.

We lost Smith, another Brittany, my wife who was at the time dying of cancer insisted that we immediately got another dog. Two years later she died, my God she was a very clever woman. The loss after 37 years of marriage was only endured because of my little man. Yes, at times he is a bastard, but at least he is my bastard.
    I lost my Mum (53) last Sunday to cancer. Obvious to say the whole family, especially my Dad, is devastated. So I feel your loss, but I agree just spending time with Nugget (and my GF should I add) just takes your mind away. More so when the little sh*t is misbehaving, but I guess that's why we love them.

This is my boy Murphy a few years ago

and this is him a few months ago

I have never been so upset in my life when I lost him over Christmas

I didn't think I would get another dog at all but the house seemed so empty that I started to have a look around, just a look you understand.

This is Harvey, he had a stupid name when I got him and he had been left in someone's back yard for the first 18 months of his life. He was a bit strange at first but now he is becoming quite normal, well normal for him :)

Much nicer having a dog around.

Neil

This is Gracie, our 14-month-old whippet. Still about 80% idiot and 20% dog but settling down a bit more now. We've had her from 8 weeks and it's been massively rewarding so far. And these days she can pretty much outrun any dog she meets apart from the greyhounds, which is great fun to watch.

She is permanently sporting cuts and scratches from hating off into the undergrowth and/or high-speed falls, but doesn't seem to care a jot.

Sometimes I swear she thinks she's a cat - most amusing watching her follow the sun around the room:

And she definitely likes riding up-front if there's a spare seat (disclaimer before I get flamed by someone: local, urban journeys only - anything more than a mile or so and she has a seatbelt harness).

Orko, English Cocker Spaniel

Nikon F2AS, 135 mm Nikkor, scanned negative