closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Air traffic over the Uk

Air traffic over the Uk

Looked at this earlier and it’s pretty surreal to see how little there is in the skies above us. Think I counted less than 20 at 4pm this afternoon and a lot of them were helicopters.
    Weird times.......

I notice one guy draw a c**k over London this afternoon (no really) with their flight path and then someone else fly over from France and basically did an up-down-up-down from london all the way back - strange times.

Master
    We are on the flight path for Liverpool and also Manchester. Only saw two aircraft all day both high in the sky, both ex USA , one to enroute to Frankfurt, the other Amsterdam.

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    We are on the flight path for Liverpool and also Manchester. Only saw two aircraft all day both high in the sky, both ex USA , one to enroute to Frankfurt, the other Amsterdam.
    I am on same route - we can basically name the planes at this point even the cargo planes..

I heard a really unusual sounding aircraft fly past the house twice on Wednesday, but I was too slow to the window to see it. Nothing on Flightradar24 that related to it.

According to the Manchester Evening News it was an RAF C17 doing a touch and go at the airport. Strange times indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    I heard a really unusual sounding aircraft fly past the house twice on Wednesday, but I was too slow to the window to see it. Nothing on Flightradar24 that related to it.

According to the Manchester Evening News it was an RAF C17 doing a touch and go at the airport. Strange times indeed!
    We’re not far from Brize and we get them and the A400M go over on full chat quite a lot, the 400M sounds like a screaming cat. Also got buzzed yesterday by a C130 really bloody low- scared the crap out of me.

Aberdeen airport typically handles 10,000 passengers a day, last Sunday there were 86.

From Brize

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Odd, that flight plan doesn't quite reach me but I'm sure that's what I saw yesterday afternoon and today.

And then the Chinook yesterday .

Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    Odd, that flight plan doesn't quite reach me but I'm sure that's what I saw yesterday afternoon and today.
    That was Wednesday David....a 17 did go over yesterday though and a 400m mid afternoon today

Strange that I didn’t see it on Flightradar24 at the time!

I saw an A400M fly over the house we stayed at in France last year at ca. 300 ft (guestimate). It did sound weird!

Blog Entries
    This is interesting as well: https://www.flightradar24.com/42.85,-1.47/5

Take a look at the air traffic over Europa, China and the US. You can clearly see that Europe's air space is pretty 'quiet', that Asia has lifted the ban on flying and that the US - and it is currently in the middle of the nigh there!- has about the same amount of planes in the air as Europe. And don't forget that it is the Easter weekend as well.

It looks as if flying inside the US hasn't come to a grinding halt!

M

Strange that I didn’t see it on Flightradar24 at the time!
    You won’t see military aircraft on FR24. They don’t want to make it too easy for Taliban/Ruskies/Baddies/etc.

FlightRadar24 is showing G-TEKV over the Dover Strait at the moment.

I just had a look at FlightRadar, interesting to see there’s a large drone doing circuits in the channel? I thought it was a private plane but a friend put a picture up of it.

Quote Originally Posted by justin44 View Post
    I just had a look at FlightRadar, interesting to see there’s a large drone doing circuits in the channel? I thought it was a private plane but a friend put a picture up of it.
    Follow this link:

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post

I'm 15 min from East Midlands Airport and under the normal take off route. Its been very quiet the last few days. It was strange at first because you get used to the planes but suddenly it clicks that they just aren't really there now

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Master
    Thursday evening there were a couple of 658 squadron helicopters performing manoeuvres over us here

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Thursday evening there were a couple of 658 squadron helicopters performing manoeuvres over us here
    Caused absolute mayhem on the Ashford facebook, anyone would think it was the end of the world.
    Missing the Spitfire that normally goes over us a couple of times a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
    You won’t see military aircraft on FR24. They don’t want to make it too easy for Taliban/Ruskies/Baddies/etc.
    That’s what I thought, but then how did FFF show the C-17’s flight path above?

Ah, good point. Maybe Planefinder uses different inputs?

Perhaps they only transmit ADS-B data when operating under civil ATC, in this case at Manchester Airport?

Master
    The picture with regard to civil transponders on military aircraft is quite complex, and the regulatory picture changing.

Where a military aircraft is fitted with a transponder, it will usually not be broadcasting positional information for casual observers, for obvious reasons.

The heavy transport stuff seem to be a few exceptions, but even then positional info would be switched off in theatre etc.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by frogspawn View Post
    Missing the Spitfire that normally goes over us a couple of times a day.
    Yeh kind of get used to that

Master
    Saw a C17 doing touch and go landings near Birmingham Airport when I was in the vicinity a couple of days ago.

A friend in the RAF were saying that they are basically capitalising on airports being all but unused / closed for the chance to do a bit of training as overseas flights are currently majorly restricted.

It looks as if two Reconnaissance Ventures Ltd (RVL Group) aircraft are carrying out a survey of north Norfolk at the moment.

This is rather telling.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Follow this link:
    Thanks for that, interesting.

Blog Entries
    It looks as if two Reconnaissance Ventures Ltd (RVL Group) aircraft are carrying out a survey of north Norfolk at the moment.
    Cousin mapping
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    Global express by vista jet apparently

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Cousin mapping
    Lol! :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    No you didn’t, they were never there they don’t exist.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    A lot of the Chinook movements will be dropping off mobile morgues used in war/ disaster zones,Birmingham airport busy with this at the mo.

It's up again this morning.

It's up again this morning.
    Here's why it was circling a lot..link.

There are quite a few aircraft doing local circuits over the UK, they look to be doing aerial reconnaissance, perhaps mapping. Any ideas? One keeps flying over our garden!

There are quite a few aircraft doing local circuits over the UK, they look to be doing aerial reconnaissance, perhaps mapping. Any ideas? One keeps flying over our garden!
    I was talking to my dad about this the other week. We've had a few twin engine prop planes circling over. He thinks it's developers checking various locations out.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

The aircraft overhead me seems to be doing a tight race track over west Manchester

Master
    The aircraft overhead me seems to be doing a tight race track over west Manchester

MyHermes trying to find the correct delivery address?

I'm not far from the end of the runway of Teesside airport, not seen a single plane, but then I never do.

I had exactly the same over my area this afternoon - it`s the same aircraft type (Partenavia) just going back and forth for hours.
    I wonder what they were up to?
    Odd.

The National Police Air Service operates four of those P68s, so likley some type of event/observation/training no doubt C19 related.

Master
    Ravenair operate the P68 mentioned earlier (G-RVNJ) out of John Lennon Airport, on their website they also list aerial mapping/surveying as one of their services.

Must be one of the few things they’re still getting paid for to be honest, and the weather was good for it today.

The NPAS P68s are based at Doncaster, although they can of course deploy anywhere.

The Italian registered P68 seems to be doing the same sort of mapping activity, it’s a never ending process and their seem to be lots of customers for aerial data.
    Last edited by Tooks; 19th April 2020 at 23:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
    There is the odd exception, eg www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/cgita...but that one does belong to a civil training company Top Aces.

Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    I had exactly the same over my area this afternoon - it`s the same aircraft type (Partenavia) just going back and forth for hours.
    I wonder what they were up to?
    Odd.

...image...
    Curiouser and curiouser...www.flightradar24.com/IGAUS

Master
    Curiouser and curiouser...www.flightradar24.com/IGAUS

I-GAUS is one of a few aircraft registered with the Netherlands dept for transport under a German company authorised to perform aerial survey and photo work (amongst many other companies), and from the track being flown on flight radar it still looks like aerial survey work. The weather is ideal for it at the moment, along with pollution and haze being way down as most people are tucked away at home and industry is largely dormant.

What do you think they’re doing if not that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    I-GAUS is one of a few aircraft registered with the Netherlands dept for transport under a German company authorised to perform aerial survey and photo work (amongst many other companies), and from the track being flown on flight radar it still looks like aerial survey work. The weather is ideal for it at the moment, along with pollution and haze being way down as most people are tucked away at home and industry is largely dormant.

What do you think they’re doing if not that?
    I just thought that today's track looked particularly erratic, going from point to point with little pattern to be seen. Unlike other days when it has flown a regular transcect pattern.

I don't suspect anything untoward or suspicious, but I am a bit curious about an Italian registered aircraft, owned by (or just working for?) a German company operating in the UK. That the company is also used by the Netherlands Dept for Transport goes, I suppose, to show the international nature of such commercial work.

Earlier today I looked up the Ordnance Survey blog (it's still there) about its own aircraft...G-NOSE and G-TASK. Having looked them up, both were owned and operated by RVL and one is now out of service. The other is no longer in OS livery.