closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Arrival my 1st Ever G-Shock. GW-6900-1ER

New Arrival my 1st Ever G-Shock. GW-6900-1ER

I've never owned a G-Shock before, I've had similar styled watches as a kid but never an official one. I've been keeping an eye on the GW-6900-1ER on Amazon for a few weeks. They've been out of stock for some time now, but this evening they weren't, despite earlier in the week advising stock would not be available for 1-2 months.

I paid £39.58 for it after using the fashion discount (stealth heads up). I've been after a though cheap beater for a while. With the atomic clock (to help set my other watches), solar features, etc... and the price this was a winner.

Picture shamelessly taken from the official website. Will post my own pictures once it arrives.

Hopefully it arrives for the next Friday thread!

Last edited by SeanST150; 7th August 2013 at 18:12.

Great value, great choice.

You'll be wearing a rise man this time next month though.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Master
    I picked up my first G-Shock a few months ago, from Sales Corner on this forum. I'd never been a fan of them generally, but I was getting a bit fed up of not having any watches in my collection that I wanted to use as a utility, and not be worried when they took a knock. Specifically I was about to go away camping for a week and didn't want to have to worry about it getting wet / muddy / bashed, etc.

In the end the camping was cancelled, but I've worn the watch way more than I expected to and have really grown to like it. It probably won't be leaving my small collection any time soon :)

Mine is from amazon as well. Like it a lot! Here is a picture. My kids love the light button :-)

I've had a lot of g shocks and this has to be the best all-rounder I've had. Even if it was £100 it would still be great. All the functions are easy to use, I like the metal buttons and the front light button. The crystal is very well protected, the 'eyes' make it easy to see which functions are set up and it exudes ruggedness. I also love the purple sheen the solar panel gives the face. I've put mine on a composite bracelet which gives it a different feel. You'll probably wear it a lot!

That is a great G-Shock IMO , I own and wear a lot of G's but for the price the OP paid for that, you will struggle to find a cheaper tougher beater that that.

:D

One of the very best of the modern Gs in my opinion, and an absolute steal at that price. The only issue is if you've got a smallish wrist then the strap can make it wear bigger than it is. I've got one, though, and it's easily fixed by swapping in the strap from an GW-M5600 instead (the waffles at the lugs are shallower, so it wears better):

Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Thanks guys for getting me excited for it's arrival. I was thinking about a different strap (or maybe a bracelet) where is best to pick up a different G-Shock strap?

I've also noticed Amazon has a 1-2 month waiting list again. I really hope I actually got one and don't get an e-mail from them saying there was a stock error.

Straps are easy. If you consider a bracelet just wait. Amazon had some nice deals on G shocks on bracelet, relatively cheap compared to buying just the bracelet.

My advice, wait till you get it. It is quite comfy. Wearing my 6900 just now.

The bracelet is good if a little narrow. I think the resin band the 6900 comes on is actually very good but I tried the bracelet from a 5610BC (which I wasn't wearing as the reverse display is almost impossible to read) and it wears more comfortably IMHO.

A fantastic price for a a fantastic watch!

You really can't beat an Atomic G-Shock, I have been wearing mine for a few days solid now :-

It's arrived. And my first impressions are great. I was a little worried about it being a bit big, and the first shot certainly makes it look that way. But as you can see from the second it really doesn't protrude beyond the wrist. Who cares, I'm happy.

Now to set my other watches to the actual time!

The only real bugger is my gator strap and clasp for my AT also arrived today. What to wear?

Yeah everyone should have at least one G-shock, the GW-6900 is a great watch though i still think i prefer the GW-5600 on the bracelet, maybe i should try the 6900 on a bracelt though or Dave E's strap tip.

Another (daft?) thing i like to do with G-shocks is breakout the Garryflex and give the buckles a brushed finish, i dont know why but i just cant get on with a polished buckle on a G-shock. To me a shiny buckle doesnt fit with the G-shock 'ethos' :)

BTW - that was a great price you got your 6900 for!

Journeyman
    Classic beater! Tough!

Used to have the non atomic version, loved and enjoyed wearing it very much, under all types of circumstances! Congrats!

Craftsman

Me too

That was my second G shock and I'm wearing it now, it's a good start but got me hankering after a Gulfman, oh and a Riseman, and maybe a coloured one. The typical WIS route so beware:)

Ps I'm saving the Amazon 20% for a Riseman, or maybe something with a bracelet. Doh!

Might have to pick up one of these too. Thanks for sharing!