closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 12 of 84 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: TZ Cycling/Bike Appreciation thread!

Thanks Benny, I think I might have to pull the trigger on one in the Spring.

Been meaning to post this up before Christmas, but unfortunately the new bike I bought was stolen from the flats I live at (underground private car park as well) & only 2 months old! Anyhow after contacting the police, security of the flats nothing has been caught on tape or recovered, I gave up getting into cycling.

Luckily my other half thought I had a been good all year round & replaced the stolen bike with the exact model (I was been fussy with what I wanted)

[/URL]

Not used much, as currently training for the London Marathon (I'm a running 1st) but hoping to put many more miles on come the end of April.

As only starting out in the cycling game, and live in a very hilly part of the South East I wanted something race looking, yet ok on the occasional trail, so the Carrera Crixus cyclocross ticked all the boxes! Plus managed to buy it (both times when on sale).

Still being kept inside the flat, as I'd rather it not go missing again!

Craftsman
    http://www.pedalroom.com/p/surly-kar...ey-14842_1.jpg
    Waiting on the good weather to return so I can get back out on this beauty

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zissou1981 View Post
    http://www.pedalroom.com/p/surly-kar...ey-14842_1.jpg
    Waiting on the good weather to return so I can get back out on this beauty
    I am given to understand bicycles work in inclement weather too...

Craftsman
    I am given to understand bicycles work in inclement weather too...[/QUOTE]
    Yea but I don't

Blog Entries
    Oops, how do I explain this to the wife, both the bike and the work stand in the kitchen!

Tell her the truth: its a work of art!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ditchvisitor View Post
    Oops, how do I explain this to the wife, both the bike and the work stand in the kitchen!
    That looks nice. Did you get it in halfords?

Grand Master
    RIAC

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PipPip View Post
    Tell her the truth: its a work of art!
    Indeed it is, she is away this weekend, I might put it on the wall in the lounge!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Josh B View Post
    That looks nice. Did you get it in halfords?
    The stand or the bike!?

Here you go chaps, something a little different ....................

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ditchvisitor View Post
    Indeed it is, she is away this weekend, I might put it on the wall in the lounge!

- - - Updated - - -

The stand or the bike!?
    The bike. For a no name brand and wheels with a go faster name (zipp lol) it looks quite nice. Maybe next time you can upgrade to a Carrerra...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh B View Post
    The bike. For a no name brand and wheels with a go faster name (zipp lol) it looks quite nice. Maybe next time you can upgrade to a Carrerra...
    I think I would prefer to walk!!

My winter ride

A polished aluminium Dolan frame Shimano 105 / Ultegra running gear, Xero wheels brooks leather saddle (which has been straightened since the photo was taken).

Best

Den

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquavit View Post
    Here you go chaps, something a little different ....................

Thats great, bags of character.
    RIAC

I love those... looks like someone had a lot of fun with the Meccano

Almost cycling

This was her first attempt outside, she has been crashing round the house for a while!

DSCF3809 by trickletreat, on Flickr

DSCF3777 by trickletreat, on Flickr

DSCF3796 by trickletreat, on Flickr

Have recently started a build for my 8yo lad.
    Picked up a cheap Carrera Blast 24" on ebay a few weeks back.
    Got a set of 80mm Fox Floats to put on it and a set of Deore shifters and cable brakes too.

Started stripping the bike to get it powdercoated in the next couple of weeks.

Started like this:

Ended like this for now:

Got new crankset, chain, bars etc. to go on too.

He should be pleased when it's finished. Should also be a fair bit lighter too.

Master
    Great photos Nigel, are you going to post some of your attempts ?

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Great photos Nigel, are you going to post some of your attempts ?
    No I won't, still busy googling "How to remove a unicycle from my ....."
    Nigel

Craftsman
    Finally got my Cycle to work vouchers so picked up my new bike on Saturday, just need to get out on it now uploadfromtaptalk1427144121927.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by hotbaws View Post
    Finally got my Cycle to work vouchers so picked up my new bike on Saturday, just need to get out on it now uploadfromtaptalk1427144121927.jpg
    Are you planning to cycle to work on that, lol.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Are you planning to cycle to work on that, lol.
    Actually yes I am, I'm roughly 4 miles from the office and the quickest route will include 3 miles off road.

Actually yes I am, I'm roughly 4 miles from the office and the quickest route will include 3 miles off road.
    Now that's the sort of commute I'd look forward to every morning!

Oooh. Presume you topped up the vouchers with about the same in cash for one of those?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by HenPecked View Post
    Oooh. Presume you topped up the vouchers with about the same in cash for one of those?
    Hoping the wife doesn't read this......

Yes I topped up £700 on top on my 1k voucher

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Yes, yes, yes. Love that - perfect city bikes (proper quick too) but in Ti with that welding.........drool.

Craftsman
    Still haven't bought a bike for this summer, time to pull my finger out!

I bought this Specialized Rockhopper 29er last year but only have about 25 miles on it. Been concentrating much more on my running.

Journeyman
    Would anyone in the Leeds area be interested in A Bob Jackson from around 78-80?

22 1/2 inch frame. Vintage Campag rear derailleur and shifters. Brooks saddle has now gone (disintegrated mid way through a ride!) replaced with a generic saddle. £350.00?

Need to clear space for my next bike. After 2 years of waiting I am soon to get a Feather Bike! Ricky is just arranging a measure up appointment for me. :)

Master
    If anyone has a duff knee and wants to combine some running with biking then I've got this to shift:

Marvellous bit of kit for fitness/rehab - used it for a couple of months at the back end of last year to train for a bike race.
    First year that my son entered along side me and needed to put him in his place - which I did but it was first.... :(

I'll be in and out of the country this year and havent signed up for any events and it simply wont get used.

Master
    Can't wait to get out on this again soon.

hosting images

I can't take credit for the photos, but I'm finally picking this up tomorrow! Ordered back in November I think it took rather a lot longer than hoped to arrive - mainly because the forks had to go from Enve out to Parlee for them to bond the mudguard eyelets on and then onto Indy Fab to paint and ship over.

Anyway, it's a bit of a winter / CX hybrid, Ultegra groupset w/ hydraulic brakes, Hed/CK wheels and a rather funky Molteni-style paint job.

Master
    Really lovely bike !

Pete

Master
    Wow love that, bet that was a few £££

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Meesterbond View Post
    I can't take credit for the photos, but I'm finally picking this up tomorrow! Ordered back in November I think it took rather a lot longer than hoped to arrive - mainly because the forks had to go from Enve out to Parlee for them to bond the mudguard eyelets on and then onto Indy Fab to paint and ship over.
    Very, very, very nice indeed!

Ooo - been waiting for these photos.
    My orange Indy fab says hello.
    Although mine is in a 29er ss rigid mtb flavour.
    Beautiful bikes.
    Hope it all lives up to the efforts when you take it for a spin, which I am sure it will.
    I also love cx bikes, and your very bike type is on my radar forthe future .
    Would tell them to copy my 56cm jake geometry.
    Let me know if you ever get to south or north downs and we can have an iny fab ride out.
    All the best.
    J.

Master
    Sod a car need a new bike!!! MTB single speed, Salsa

It was supposed to be a reasonably budget build, but then I got carried away with the paint and the wheels etc. Hope it rides as well as it looks!

IF have put a few Belgian references on the paintwork too which I love...

Quote Originally Posted by Meesterbond View Post
    Stunning bike,

Out with my son at the weekend,

Loving those colours.
    You are Tom Boonen.
    Nice to see all the braze on's
    Just in time for Paris Roubaix this weekend ...

Quote Originally Posted by jeromeo View Post
    Loving those colours.
    You are Tom Boonen.
    Nice to see all the braze on's
    Just in time for Paris Roubaix this weekend ...
    Tommeke has been one of my favourite riders for years now.
    I'm considering the Flanders Sportive for 2016. P-R may be a little soon!

Banned

Master
    JoshB - The Incredible Hulk!

Come on, please change those wheels!!

I am only being jealous - love it - what groupset is it?

I have the hi-mod Synapse - it's incredible - fast, super stiff and I have got it very low and racy, but sometimes I wonder what a supersix would be like (sore back, probably!)

Banned
    It's a 5800 gruppo including the pedals but obviously excluding the crankset. Stem is a little longer than stock and bars and seat are both flat and parallel to the ground although they dont look like it in the pic!

i am hugely impressed with the 5800. I test rode a couple 6800 fitted bikes from cervelo and giant and actively prefer the feel of 5800.

These are great fun, they have them at my local Cyclopark.

Quote Originally Posted by Coot View Post
    If anyone has a duff knee and wants to combine some running with biking then I've got this to shift:

Marvellous bit of kit for fitness/rehab - used it for a couple of months at the back end of last year to train for a bike race.
    First year that my son entered along side me and needed to put him in his place - which I did but it was first.... :(

I'll be in and out of the country this year and havent signed up for any events and it simply wont get used.

I've opted for one of these on work's Cycle to Work scheme. All other Specialized Diverge owners, how are you finding them?

Quote Originally Posted by benny.c View Post
    It's great on the road, basically like an Allez/Roubaix with fat tyres and disc brakes. It feels pretty quick/sharp even on the 32c tyres. Here's a quick review I did on PH…..

I've had the Diverge for a week or so now and have been out for three 30+ mile rides on it. First impressions are very positive indeed. On road it is very, very comfortable and rides pretty similar to an Allez that I used to own. Apart from the fat tyres and disc brakes you wouldn't really know that you weren't on a regular road bike. Even on poor road surfaces, it really soaks up the bumps and you get very little buzz.

Off road it is just as capable as my Cube X-Race cross bike and more comfortable, even with the 32c tyres pumped up to 80psi (compared to 35c tyres at 50psi on the cross bike). You wouldn't want to race cross on it but for bridleways, tow paths and the like it is brilliant. Not all cross bikes are the same obviously, but my Cube had the traditional very short top tube and I was always a little cramped on it.

I can see me using the Diverge for some longer distance rides instead of my regular road bike to be honest. I think with 28c Conti Four Seasons it would make a great touring bike, but actually the 32's roll along pretty well. Although they are effectively a road tyre, they cope OK with a bit of mud off road so I'll probably leave them on for now. You aren't going to be racing across muddy fields in them but they are fine for where I use them.

Up until now I'd resisted the urge to have disc brakes as I found that mini-V's provide all the stopping power I needed. For the first hour or so on the Diverge I thought I'd made a terrible mistake going for a bike with mechanical discs as they hardly stopped the bike. However, once the pads bedded in my confidence grew and now I wouldn't go back to rim brakes for this type of the bike. The stopping power is excellent and predictable, and there is enough modulation. Mini-V's can be a pain with mudguards and obviously with discs it's pretty much a none issue. I went for the Specialized Plug and Play ones (as the other Diverge on this thread) and they are a neat fit. They took a little bit of manipulating to get them straight but once on they are very solid.

So, very impressed so far. It's probably a bit corny, but if someone had designed a bike based on my requirements for a go anywhere/winter bike then the Diverge would pretty much be it...a titanium frame would be nice though! My only complaint is the dull colour choice at the moment but I guess that'll change if they manage to shift a few.

With guards

Master
    Got a new set of Hope Hoops delivered yesterday and spent a hour trying to get a WTB Wolverine to fit couldn't get it on the rim for love or money.... Now my old Bronson just slipped on no bother???

Quote Originally Posted by dowsing View Post
    I've opted for one of these on work's Cycle to Work scheme. All other Specialized Diverge owners, how are you finding them?
    Had mine about 6 months (also on CTW) it's the Sport A1 (sora) love it, perfect for what I wanted, I have rode it weekly all winter, my usual route involves canal paths and country parks, ridden on tracks a bit also, will be doing more off road when the weathers a bit dryer.

There's a horrible hill on route (beacon hill) which i climb, and a flat sprint across a reservoir, I'm currently 3rd in my weight class, and 64th overall (bit of fun) So not sure how a "flimsy" road bike would add anything for me as a mainly for fitness & recreational user? I do give it a battering and it's been rock solid so far :)

The dealer where I got mine from, says they are selling surprisingly well.

Cheers Olic, that's all great to hear

Quote Originally Posted by Olic View Post
    Had mine about 6 months (also on CTW) it's the Sport A1 (sora) love it, perfect for what I wanted, I have rode it weekly all winter, my usual route involves canal paths and country parks, ridden on tracks a bit also, will be doing more off road when the weathers a bit dryer.

There's a horrible hill on route (beacon hill) which i climb, and a flat sprint across a reservoir, I'm currently 3rd in my weight class, and 64th overall (bit of fun) So not sure how a "flimsy" road bike would add anything for me as a mainly for fitness & recreational user? I do give it a battering and it's been rock solid so far :)

The dealer where I got mine from, says they are selling surprisingly well.