closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 44 of 84 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,200 of 4164

Thread: TZ Cycling/Bike Appreciation thread!

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Just had a quick look on that Assos website
    I’ll put up with a sore arse. I’m just doing a bit of exercise on the spin bike to lose weight, I’m not a serious enough cyclist to justify spending that sort of money on shorts.
    You dont need to Jay. Get some Specialized Pro shorts and just get regular sittings in.

https://www.specializedconceptstore..../?s=Bib+shorts
    RIAC

Master
    The Assos outlet is worth a look too.....

https://www.swissiconic.com/

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    Dhb are affordable and decent quality.
    i've predominantly dhb kit and proven to be very comfy.

did fall prey to an add on facebook for some 'bargain' kit; which is all utter rubbish and will never be worn again.

buy cheap, buy twice!

Dhb are affordable and decent quality.

As above, and Lusso do comparable shorts as well.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    I’m an Endura man myself. The FS260 Pro are good value and last well, and the ProSL feel super premium if you feel like treating yourself.

Like saddles though, YMMV.

Speaking of saddles, I was in your situation not so long ago, having been an avid cyclist until about 15 years ago. Getting back in the bike was literally a pain in the arse. You just have to work through it, little and often.

Saddles are incredibly personal, so there’s very little point in looking for recommendations. That said, I would definitely go for one that has a hollowed out centre. Avoiding pressure on the perineum made a huge difference to me. I used to get painful numbness down there after about 10 minutes. Since finding the saddle that works best for me ( Specialized Power Arc Expert, fwiw) I don’t get any pain at all.

Master
    Just discovered this thread, so you can look forward to some unsolicited guff from me shortly.
    To start with, here’s my ancient steed. Some of the old giffers here might find it of interest.

1992 KHS Montaña Team
    True Temper steel frame
    Full XTR groupset
    Pace RC35 XC forks
    Original Flite titanium saddle!

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfCheese View Post
    Just discovered this thread, so you can look forward to some unsolicited guff from me shortly.
    To start with, here’s my ancient steed. Some of the old giffers here might find it of interest.

1992 KHS Montaña Team
    True Temper steel frame
    Full XTR groupset
    Pace RC35 XC forks
    Original Flite titanium saddle!
    Nice KHS. Don't see many of them.
    I have a garage full of retros.......Orange, Raleigh, Grissley, Mantis, Amp Research...
    Refurbed, including powercoat etc and built this '97 Extralite F1 up in the spring. Great ride.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Master
    I always wanted an Orange with Pace forks, for that full Yorkshire vibe.
    The KHS XTR was a replacement for an XT version I’d ordered and was part of a container shipment that “disappeared”. The bike shop gave me the XTR for the same price!

The KHS XTR was a replacement for an XT version I’d ordered and was part of a container shipment that “disappeared”. The bike shop gave me the XTR for the same price!
    Those Pace forks are fabulous. The travel looks tiny relative to today's xc bikes.

I was out today on my new cyclo cross machine. Not only is it totally rigid but it was also on 25mm commuter tires. Had so much fun and made me realise that you don't need yonks of suspension travel for 99% of rides

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You did well with that deal.

I have an Orange Vitamin-T with Pace RC 36s on the front end.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

My son in Washington, D.C. just bought this Trek Verve 2 hybrid - - his first new bike. He'll be riding it for pleasure as well as commuting and errand-running.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    +1 for Assos shorts. Over priced but very good.
    I bought a pair of Assos shorts off a lad on Facebook marketplace. His Mrs bought them for him and they were a size too big - £40 to me.
    They are EXCELLENT and I would pay full whack for Assos when they need replacing.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    As above, and Lusso do comparable shorts as well.
    Lusso made in the U.K. too.

Decided that I needed something I could park on a trainer without messing around with thru axle adaptors, and that was maybe slightly more aggressive than the Cube. Well I’ve ruined the aggressive bit by flipping the stem to old man angle but this 2016 Specialized Tarmac Sport ticks the other boxes.
    Seemed like a great price on eBay (especially compared with buying an Allez) but it’s almost needed to be completely rebuilt. It came on a set of (£400ish) Novatec Jetfly wheels which are featherweight until you fit a 105 cassette, but the bearings in the rear were shot so they’ve been replaced, along with the headset and bottom bracket bearings, which has added £100+ to the price.
    I found a guy locally selling everything I wanted in a bundle (SPD SL pedals, K-Edge GPS mount and a set of Garmin sensors) for a good price, followed by another Marketplace deal - a pair of Prime RR38 V2 Carbon clinchers. The rear had a damaged axle but was supplied with a new freehub body. I managed to find out what type of axle was needed and had it built up with a set of new bearings - total cost for the wheels was something like £113, which is pretty good for a set of carbon wheels that rrp at £599

Grand Master
    That’s a nice colour way on that Specialized as well
    RIAC

Master
    New gravel/winter bike assembled and tested. Got this on some pretty big rubber as we will be doing a few night rides and the roads are awful round here, first one and a mate had a puncture within 10 minutes. Bought through the salary sacrifice scheme to ease the damage to wallet

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Master
    +1 although Endura work well for me too
    Etxeondo all the way for me mate!

Master

My Cuba trip earlier this year

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Very nice indeed.

I have been considering ordering from Canyon. How was the process and how long did you have to wait for delivery assuming you chose an instock bike. From the videos ive seen there is minimal assembly and all you need is in the box, is this still the case?

How much difference do you think the cockpit bars and flex stem make?

Cracking bike, enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by westberks View Post
    New gravel/winter bike assembled and tested. Got this on some pretty big rubber as we will be doing a few night rides and the roads are awful round here, first one and a mate had a puncture within 10 minutes. Bought through the salary sacrifice scheme to ease the damage to wallet

Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    looks like a fab trip

That looks really nice. Looks like it's just below the limit for my work and the eTap is just above.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    Very nice indeed.

I have been considering ordering from Canyon. How was the process and how long did you have to wait for delivery assuming you chose an instock bike. From the videos ive seen there is minimal assembly and all you need is in the box, is this still the case?

How much difference do you think the cockpit bars and flex stem make?

Cracking bike, enjoy.
    it wasn't stock, and chose this for short lead time which was still delayed by 3 weeks. Worth checking what they have in stock as 'returns' as lead times are dreadful for some models. A friend ordered the Ali version a few weeks ago & won't get it until March.

only ridden once but felt really comfy compared to normal road set up on 25mm; not sure it that's down to anything specific or just the overall improvement in bike and suitability for environment. GRX groupset very smooth too. Overspecced for my ability but manmaths took over!

stem, handlebar & wheels needed attaching, all kit included. Had a mate assist as 2 pairs of hands make lighter work (especially when one set belong to an utter moron like me), but still very stragihtforward

amazed that at 6'5" i'm only an XL & they have a larger frame.
    Last edited by westberks; 12th October 2020 at 13:30.

Master
    Blog Entries

Very nice and makes a lot of sense as a bike. Hang on to the box if you can, as well as all the packing stuff that you took off when you unpacked the bike. It makes things a lot easier if you have to send it back to Canyon for any reason.

Grand Master

TZ Cycling/Bike Appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Nice Kerry , bit of a difference from you usual diet of S Works bikes. We need more photos!

And for sale if anyone has the beans. But they are magic beans for handbuilt winner like this spec !!
    RIAC

Master
    Superb

I assume Super Record is on order?*

Edit - for sale already? Not your cup of tea?

*(kidding, BTW)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    That looks really nice. Looks like it's just below the limit for my work and the eTap is just above.
    might be worth looking at the clearance section; i'm guessing these are returned bikes but they have a bit of a discount

https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/outlet-bikes/

Master

Very nice, I was looking at getting an Inflite as an upgrade to my Boardman but I doubt I will be doing much if any CX racing this season - there are races but I'm a bit stuck as I raced novice last season which they are not running and the places in the standard races are pretty much limited to previous competitors due to lack of places. Still, once things settle down I hope to get one, after all if it's good enough for him...

might be worth looking at the clearance section; i'm guessing these are returned bikes but they have a bit of a discount

https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/outlet-bikes/
    Good intel, thank you.

Grand Master
    Superb

I assume Super Record is on order?*

Edit - for sale already? Not your cup of tea?

*(kidding, BTW)
    I’m still loving riding a 10 year old S-Works most days plus have SL6 and without bragging have had the pleasure of some amazing bikes for many years so having a £10k+ Colnago sat as a clothes airier seems a little indulgent when someone could be riding or admiring it.

Its truly time to simplify my life but if not Ill end up riding it I’m sure although you dont get any peace at bike cafe stops with the crowd it gathers
    Last edited by 100thmonkey; 12th October 2020 at 15:54.
    RIAC

Master
    Been getting back into road riding the last few weeks with this.

Lapierre e-Sensium 500 by iaintookey, on Flickr

Yep, another electric bike. Considering I didn’t own one 18 months ago, how I’ve managed to end up with 4 is anybody’s guess...

The Ebikemotion x35 system is quite stealthy, and only adds 3.2kg of weight overall, so not too bad. I’m surprised how little assistance it gives, although shouldn’t be really given the reviews I’ve read, but it turns moderate hills into easy-ish ones, and impossible ones into doable ones, at least for me anyway!

It’s nice to get it above the assist limit, the cutoff isn’t noticeable at all, and there’s very little resistance. I can keep it at 20mph on the flattish bits, but the assistance is welcome when the road kicks up or I’m in a strong headwind like I was on Saturday afternoon.

It’s quite a revelation to be riding a rigid narrow tyred bike again, it’s been 30 years or more since I’ve ridden anything like it, the lack of rolling resistance is nice and the speed downhill is intoxicating. It’s a big learning curve re groupsets and the brakes/shifters, and I even brought a road helmet and some Lycra bib tights to make sure I don’t offend the roadie community too much, notwithstanding the bike is part electric!

Grand Master
    So pleased to see Specialized Aethos released and surprise surprise a return to the outstanding SL4 shape. Long live the legend

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    RIAC

Journeyman

Very Nice, just awaiting on my order from Canyon to arrive (so far estimated for next week) - i pulled the trigger on an Endurance CF SL Disc 8.0 Di2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robxxx7 View Post
    Very Nice, just awaiting on my order from Canyon to arrive (so far estimated for next week) - i pulled the trigger on an Endurance CF SL Disc 8.0 Di2

What a stunner, that Canyon is exactly the model i'm looking at, albeit I want to get it in stealth black. Will be interested to hear how you get on, first impressions etc.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    What a stunner, that Canyon is exactly the model i'm looking at, albeit I want to get it in stealth black. Will be interested to hear how you get on, first impressions etc.
    Will be sure to update the thread once arrives

Master
    Blog Entries

I have a very similar bike, wrote a review of it here. I’ve now done about 50,000km on it ... still rate it.

https://www.redvelo.co.uk/cycling/canyon-review/

What’s the delivery times from placing an order? Keen to get a new bike .

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eagletower View Post
    Depends on whether it’s in stock. Iirc the website advises lead time of a particular model in a particular spec & size

Journeyman
    When i ordered at the beginning of this month, the estimated shipping date was 26th Oct - 30th Oct, then last week i got an email that the scheduled date had changed to 19th Oct to 23rd Oct, then yesterday i got an email that it had shipped and due for arrival to me this Friday..

Grand Master
    If anyone doesnt want to wait and wants something with perfect fit, form and function I always have a spare to suit most budgets as long as you are 5’10” - 6’ 1”
    RIAC

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    I have a very similar bike, wrote a review of it here. I’ve now done about 50,000km on it ... still rate it.

https://www.redvelo.co.uk/cycling/canyon-review/
    Very nice write up ... pleased to hear she's working well for you

Master
    Blog Entries
    Very nice write up ... pleased to hear she's working well for you
    I’m sure you will enjoy your new bike, worth setting up the tubeless but it can be a pain.

Master

I looked at the blue, but the lead time was another month so went for the stealthy grey/black. that was fine as my normal roadie is white, so still a nice change.

the blue is very pretty

Master
    varies massively on size, spec, colour etc; very random but the site does give eta for each specific spec

Master
    Really love my Canyon Ultimate. Now thinking of a Canyon Speedmax but prefer the earlier version.

Master
    And on my Argon 18, before I had it properly set up

And last year (representing GB in Rumania) on my classic old titanium bike which is partly Campag Super Record

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrzej View Post
    And on my Argon 18, before I had it properly set up

And last year (representing GB in Rumania) on my classic old titanium bike which is partly Campag Super Record
    Are you Paul Teutel Sn slimmer double?

Master
    From a 50 miler after work last night:

It did rain for a bit. But last night's ride took me to 5,100 miles this year, 25,018 since Jan 2015.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Are you Paul Teutel Sn slimmer double?
    Could be - when I was over 3 stone heavier, it was Hulk Hogan

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    From a 50 miler after work last night:

It did rain for a bit. But last night's ride took me to 5,100 miles this year, 25,018 since Jan 2015.
    Good mileage that , and kudos for doing a 50 after work, some feat that.

Steve

Grand Master
    Alpe Du Zwift this afternoon.

That was a treat......not.

But bloody good feeling afterwards
    RIAC