closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 31 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,550 of 4164

Thread: TZ Cycling/Bike Appreciation thread!

Just replaced my beater with this, for the 14 mile a day return commute to work across tarmac, trail and gravel. Very pleased with it.

Interesting lefty rigid fork!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Just replaced my beater with this, for the 14 mile a day return commute to work across tarmac, trail and gravel. Very pleased with it.

Cannondale Bad Boy?

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Cannondale Bad Boy?

Steve
    Yes, well spotted. Version 3.

Silly name for a nice bike.

Master
    Off to the Triathlon and Bike show at Excel on Friday. Was intending to buy a new (Canyon) disc race bike. Sadly, my wife has now indicated that she is thinking of coming along as well. She does believe in the (N+1) theory whether relating to watches, or bikes.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post

Glad to see you pulled the trigger in the end, cycle that bad boy in good health

My old Raleigh Ti

On the North Wales coast today.

Master
    After testing quite a few hardtails and a couple of full suss around the same price mark I went for the Santa Cuz Chameleon.

Thanks to all for the advice.

After quite a wait I picked it up this afternoon.

Guess what I’m doing tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    LVRC (League of Veteran Racing Cyclists) National Time Trial Championship last weekend. Having won the Road Race & the Criterium last year, I now hold all three road titles. It was a dead heat for 3rd btw. It's great racing against other guys who are a similar age. It levels the playing field.

I raced today & I was the oldest guy in the race. Most of them were in their 20's & full of testosterone! That helps them a lot.

Master
    So I was at the Tour de Yorkshire today, Mr Froome and Cavendish fighting their way up the streets of Haworth. Does it get any better

Quote Originally Posted by Meesterbond View Post
    Finally got out on the Cotic and I love it... a 29" hardtail with 130mm forks is pretty much perfect for the XC stuff round here. Although I think the pedals clash with the paint a little.

Personally, I wouldn't put anything other than Eagle on any new bike I was building. The 1x system with massive cassette gives you all the range you need and you can put the dropper control in a sensible place too. It's a bit more sensitive to set up (particularly the b-screw) than a 2x system but once you've got it dialled it's brilliant.

C7C6343B-F8ED-4F1C-A0BB-6F142502D74A by anthonyjholden, on Flickr
    Ditto the above... been riding a Bianchi pulse full carbon hardtail mtb for a few years but just bought a Cube Reaction e-bike with Sram Eagle 1x12 and wouldn't go back- so simple and straightforward and a joy to ride...get about 60-70 miles on a charge too.It's a hardtail with 130mm Fork
    OK I know its cheating but I was tailing off on the old bike and at least I'm using this one! Helps that open trails and fire roads are 10m from my front gate

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by David r View Post
    After testing quite a few hardtails and a couple of full suss around the same price mark I went for the Santa Cuz Chameleon.

Thanks to all for the advice.

After quite a wait I picked it up this afternoon.

Guess what I’m doing tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Very nice, really fancy one of these once I can move my road bike on, either this or maybe the Cotic

Brief summary after your ride tomorrow would be appreciated Also be interested to know what its like on the road as I will have to do a bit of tarmac in between trails

Well a little browse to kill a bit of time this morning resulted in me buying something I don't need. My willpower is terrible.

Anyway, it's a Jamis Dakkar A2. On offer at Evans and read the reviews while in store, seemed to get pretty good ones. Not a fan of the looks of the tyres but will swap them out at some point.

Really impressed on the test ride and the fitting at Evans was really good too.

Treated myself to a full sus after two years on a hard tail (orange crush)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by den77 View Post
    Looks fast! For TT or triathlon? Looks set up for long distance

Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    Looks fast! For TT or triathlon? Looks set up for long distance
    Thanks, it is fast but it's engine is past it's sell-by.

It's for Triathlon I'm taking it to Whistler in Canada to do Ironman Canada @ the end of July. It's a great bike and it's nice to get back onto a tri position and some outside roads after a winter in the shed on a turbo or on my old (heavy) Raleigh winter hack.

New bike day tomorrow

I'm off to pick up this tomorrow...

Giant Defy Advanced Carbon 3 (2018). Being last years model I've saved a wedge. Can't wait to take it out for a blast around North Yorkshire. I'm heading to the Lakes in a couple of weeks so temepted to take it there too, instead of a mountain bike.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post

Giant Defy Advanced Carbon 3 (2018). Being last years model I've saved a wedge. Can't wait to take it out for a blast around North Yorkshire. I'm heading to the Lakes in a couple of weeks so temepted to take it there too, instead of a mountain bike.
    Lovely bike my Pal has one it helped him smash his earlier Strava pbs . Lake visit solution simple , take both! Weather nice road, weather normal mtb

Steve

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post

Very nice. I have an earlier model, and love it..

Chris Froome out of Tour de France

Team Ineos rider Froome, 34, was taken to hospital with a reported broken femur after crashing before stage four of the Criterium du Dauphine on Wednesday.

"He crashed in the downhill section of the course at high speed. He hit a wall," team principal Dave Brailsford told France Televisions. "It'll take quite a long time before he races again."

The incident took place during a practice ride on Wednesday's 26.1km time-trial course in Roanne, France...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Chris Froome out of Tour de France

Team Ineos rider Froome, 34, was taken to hospital with a reported broken femur after crashing before stage four of the Criterium du Dauphine on Wednesday.

"He crashed in the downhill section of the course at high speed. He hit a wall," team principal Dave Brailsford told France Televisions. "It'll take quite a long time before he races again."

The incident took place during a practice ride on Wednesday's 26.1km time-trial course in Roanne, France...
    Full steam ahead for G in Le Tour then

Master
    Ironically I crashed today at 40kph and was feeling a bit sorry for myself but just heard Dave Brailsford on 5 live and it sounds bad for Froome.

Hoping it's not as bad as it sounds and he make a speedy recovery.

Master
    Blog Entries
    According to the BBC website he broke his femur, hip, elbow and several ribs plus lost consciousness. Hitting the wall he went from 54kph to zero instantly.

A seriously nasty accident. I hope he is ok.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Master
    8 hours in surgery getting repaired. thats 2019 done then

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRIAN554 View Post
    Treated myself to a full sus after two years on a hard tail (orange crush)

Very nice.

Chris Froome:

• has successful surgery: Froome is awake and doctors are "very happy with his progress". Team Ineos said he will remain in hospital for the next few days.

• could be crowned winner of 2011 Vuelta: Chris Froome could be crowned the winner...after Juan José Cobo has been caught doping. The UCI has announced that the former Movistar rider was found guilty of doping from 2009 and 2011, based on abnormalities in his biological passport.

My 1998 Specialized Stumpjumper. I also have a 1998 Rockhopper, both bought very cheaply on eBay. The Stumpjumper needed quite a few new bits and bobs. Was a fun project and turned out to be a great bike to ride.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Geraint Thomas...taken to hospital...but only for a check-up it seems:

...Team Ineos said the 33-year-old suffered "abrasions to his shoulder and a cut above his right eye".

"We'll wait until they properly check him and then we'll know more. I'm no doctor but he looked OK," added Team Ineos sports director Gabriel Rasch.

Rasch confirmed that Astana's Andrey Zeits had crashed in front of Thomas, causing the Welshman to hit the deck.

Thomas was able to sit up and talk to team-mates before being taken away in an ambulance...

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

My Brompton CHPT3 6-speed. Absolutely fantastic, so fast and yet so convenient!

Picking the brains of the collective please:
    I remember reading about a navigation app for mainly urban cyclists, consisting of a single arrow pointing constantly at your destination, instead of giving you turn by turn instructions. The idea was to allow you to concentrate on your ride and on traffic rather than check constantly where you needed to turn.
    Can’t seem to find it, probably due to poor choice of keywords.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Picking the brains of the collective please:
    I remember reading about a navigation app for mainly urban cyclists, consisting of a single arrow pointing constantly at your destination, instead of giving you turn by turn instructions. The idea was to allow you to concentrate on your ride and on traffic rather than check constantly where you needed to turn.
    Can’t seem to find it, probably due to poor choice of keywords.
    I googled 'cycling compass app' and found https://beeline.co/.

Edit And that led me to an Android app...https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...?id=co.beeline
    Last edited by PickleB; 7th July 2019 at 18:47.

Dropped this off at the LBS to get invisiframed.
    Should get it back later this week.

I googled 'cycling compass app' and found https://beeline.co/.

Edit And that led me to an Android app...https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...?id=co.beeline
    Thank you very much, that’s the one. I thought it was a genius idea. But the app is there to program the destination/way points, you still need the compass.. £100-ish.

Great idea though.

How about Arrow GPS Navigation Waypoints...link?

Craftsman
    Great for those lazy hot summer days.

Yes not a "real" one....but 90% of the general public still stop you and commrnt how they had one on the 70s.

Ive used it on 60 mile club rides and through the Trough of Bowland.

I've improved things a little by the removal of the Sturmey Archer 3 speed and added a Shimano nexus 8 speed hub gear.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie215 View Post
    Great for those lazy hot summer days.

Yes not a "real" one....but 90% of the general public still stop you and commrnt how they had one on the 70s.

Ive used it on 60 mile club rides and through the Trough of Bowland.

I've improved things a little by the removal of the Sturmey Archer 3 speed and added a Shimano nexus 8 speed hub gear.
    Massive kudos riding 60 miles on one of those

Which lead me to Big arrow (iOS, sorry )

Craftsman
    Massive kudos riding 60 miles on one of those
    Cheers

Blog Entries
    Chaps

Proud new owner of John’s Single Speed Cinelli Bootleg Mystic and the bug is biting.

See below.....

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...-Cycling-Stuff

Back running after three years in January and training 2-3 times a week with a local AC club and purchased the bike as a x-trainer aid and it’s time to invest in some kit.

Appreciate guidance and thoughts

Ta
    Pitch

Those Choppers climb well too . . .

F.T.F.A.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Those Choppers climb well too . . .

Yeah....not sure that I could climb like that lol

All finished.
    2017 Nukeproof Mega 275 (NOS boxed frame)
    160mm RockShox Lyrics
    1*11 Shimano XT with 30t oval and 11-46t cassette
    170mm XT cranks with Superstar Nano pedals
    SLX brakes with 203/180 rotors
    Nukeproof Neutron wheels with Michelin Wild Enduro tyres
    170mm One-up dropper with Charge Spoon saddle
    780 wide Nukeproof Sam Hill bars & Ergon GD1 grips

Master
    Yesterday bought this Canyon Ultimate CF SL (Ultegra) for road racing. Joins my Argon18 E114 (time trial bike); titanium road bike - 25 years old built up with Campag SuperRecord; Saracen Mantra Carbon Elite; Chas Roberts steel MTB which I have had for around 30 years; and a Boardman Sport used as a hack bike or on the turbo trainer.

Chris Froome:

• has successful surgery: Froome is awake and doctors are "very happy with his progress". Team Ineos said he will remain in hospital for the next few days.

• could be crowned winner of 2011 Vuelta: Chris Froome could be crowned the winner...after Juan José Cobo has been caught doping. The UCI has announced that the former Movistar rider was found guilty of doping from 2009 and 2011, based on abnormalities in his biological passport.
    Froome awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana title

Chris Froome has officially been named as the winner of the 2011 Vuelta a Espana following a doping case involving Juan Jose Cobo, retrospectively making him Britain's first Grand Tour winner.

Sir Bradley Wiggins had held the honour after his 2012 Tour de France win.

Governing body the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) said abnormalities were found in Spanish rider Cobo's biological passport from 2009-2011.

They imposed a three-year period of ineligibility on the 38-year-old retired rider and Cobo has not appealed in the 30 days since the decision, meaning Froome has now been awarded the title.

Fellow Briton Wiggins has been promoted to second in the 2011 Vuelta, with Bauke Mollema of the Netherlands third.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    All finished.
    2017 Nukeproof Mega 275 (NOS boxed frame)
    160mm RockShox Lyrics
    1*11 Shimano XT with 30t oval and 11-46t cassette
    170mm XT cranks with Superstar Nano pedals
    SLX brakes with 203/180 rotors
    Nukeproof Neutron wheels with Michelin Wild Enduro tyres
    170mm One-up dropper with Charge Spoon saddle
    780 wide Nukeproof Sam Hill bars & Ergon GD1 grips

Similar spec to mine:

Nukeproof Mega AM 275
    160mm Rockshox Pikes, 160mm Rockshox Monarch Plus RC3 rear shock.
    Shimano XT 1 x 11 drive.
    Saint clipless pedals.
    Shimano SLX brakes (203 front, 180mm rear).
    Hope Enduro wheels running tubless Maxxis highroller.
    Renthal Fatbar.
    ODI grips.
    Rockshox stealth dropper post.

Can anyone recommend some current, small(ish) good lights front and rear? I had a decent set but seem to have lost my rear one somehow so need to buy some new ones.

Also - I have now signed up to do C2C next year and need to kick on with getting fitter. I do cycle quite a bit but carry some timber but am relatively cycling fit. However, my main struggle is hills - I find hills extremely tough. Where I live, I have a 1 mile hill to my house and have only managed to get up it without stopping once (in the 3.5yrs I've lived here). Obviously I'm going to have some challenging hills on the C2C.

What is the best way to train for hill riding? Is it just continuing to ride as much as possible, increase strength in legs and attempt the killer hill more regularly? Or should I also focus on additional training at the gym?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    Can anyone recommend some current, small(ish) good lights front and rear? I had a decent set but seem to have lost my rear one somehow so need to buy some new ones.

Also - I have now signed up to do C2C next year and need to kick on with getting fitter. I do cycle quite a bit but carry some timber but am relatively cycling fit. However, my main struggle is hills - I find hills extremely tough. Where I live, I have a 1 mile hill to my house and have only managed to get up it without stopping once (in the 3.5yrs I've lived here). Obviously I'm going to have some challenging hills on the C2C.

What is the best way to train for hill riding? Is it just continuing to ride as much as possible, increase strength in legs and attempt the killer hill more regularly? Or should I also focus on additional training at the gym?
    Lose weight, increase power, get some lower gears, ride more hills...& never stop

Master
    Blog Entries
    Some images from a race I did in the Mendips near Chew Valley Lake on Sunday.
    52 miles, 4500ft of climbing in 2hr 12min. Max. speed 57mph (see photo 2).
    I can guarantee that the guy on the front in the last photo is actually right on his limit but posing to look like he isn't trying!

Master
    Some images from a race I did in the Mendips near Chew Valley Lake on Sunday.
    52 miles, 4500ft of climbing in 2hr 12min. Max. speed 57mph (see photo 2).
    I can guarantee that the guy on the front in the last photo is actually right on his limit but posing to look like he isn't trying!
    Great pics, a level of cycling I can only dream of.

I was quite pleased with doing Ride London in 5 hours dead, especially as I lost a bucket load of time here and there so feel next time there's some big improvements I can make.

4 years ago I posted my first ride on Strava, 25km @19kph and I was absolutely wiped out after that. It's taken a lot of work since then to be able to ride 100 miles at 20mph but I've loved every minute of the journey