closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
Results 1,601 to 1,613 of 1613

Thread: TZ Cycling/Bike Appreciation thread!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fraz101 View Post
    Just doesnít look great, I understand the reasons, Iím guessing the paint has just worn off?
    What paint?

Mine are last century retro MTBs...some might argue vintage like me!

Sent from my BBF100-1 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I love those Scott Endorphin's and have had them on my Ebay watch list for years. They only ever come up in medium though and sometimes large and I suspect a medium would be slightly too big for me looking at the specs.

Here's my slice of 90's nostalgia, a Merlin XLM from 1996 -

Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post
    Mine are last century retro MTBs...some might argue vintage like me!

Is that an AMP B1? A very important mountain bike - one of the first with a Horst Link in the rear suspension... Even the linkage forks are making a comeback! Lovely machine and still getting dirty!

Part of me always fancied something properly retro... an Alpinestars Ti Mega for example, even though the elevated chainstays were so floppy it would shift gear every time you went over a bump or put the power down.

Craftsman
    I got lucky with my MTB. I ordered a Boardman mid-range but it got lost in the post lol.

They had none left in medium size so they had to send me the much higher spec pro model for no extra cost.

I then turned it into a weight weenie or whatever they call it these days.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynam0humm View Post
    I love those Scott Endorphin's and have had them on my Ebay watch list for years. They only ever come up in medium though and sometimes large and I suspect a medium would be slightly too big for me looking at the specs.

Here's my slice of 90's nostalgia, a Merlin XLM from 1996 -

There's something about a titanium bike that I really like

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    There's something about a titanium bike that I really like
    Yup Croix de Fer Titanium here, no cleaning or polishing, just lovely welds to look at. However not as light as I expected but soooooo compliant on the trails.

My Kona HeiHei ti has served me well for over 20 years and a continous succession of componentry. Here it is spruced up for a pedal up Alpe d'Huez some years ago.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Yup Croix de Fer Titanium here, no cleaning or polishing, just lovely welds to look at. However not as light as I expected but soooooo compliant on the trails.
    Runs like it's on rails. This is my holiday bike. It permanently lives in the south of France. I bought it from eBay as a box of bits & had it built up. The seller said that her brother had bought the components but had become ill & had subsequently died before being able to enjoy it. It might not be true but I like to think it is & it makes me enjoy it all the more. Reminds me to appreciate being alive all the more:

Quote Originally Posted by Meesterbond View Post
    Is that an AMP B1? A very important mountain bike - one of the first with a Horst Link in the rear suspension... Even the linkage forks are making a comeback! Lovely machine and still getting dirty!

Part of me always fancied something properly retro... an Alpinestars Ti Mega for example, even though the elevated chainstays were so floppy it would shift gear every time you went over a bump or put the power down.
    Yes B3.
    Sadly, a bit like watches I have too many. I have 2 B4s and a B5 too!
    Plus an Extralite F1 which is and AMP B4 copy.
    Also Mantis Pro Floater.
    Then there are the hard tails....mostly titanium ones, Orange and Raleigh RSPs.
    Loaded for Mountain Mayhem this year.

Last edited by gerard; 10th October 2019 at 21:52.

Been out on the bike today and I can definitely say the raw carbon doesn't bother me now I know what it is and because of how good the bike is. All i can say is wow.

The combination of carbon frame and 29" wheels, this thing just rolls over everything. Fantastic.

So happy. I love my Turbo Levo and now love this. Got my perfect pair that I can see me sticking with for a long time. Thanks for the comments earlier about the frame and the material (to a non informed person, that helped a lot). To be fair, the original pics made it look worse than it is

Master
    You cant beat a new bike to reinvigorate your joy of cycling, and 29” wheels coupled with a full susser must be a flyer. Enjoy it , take time setting up the sag and preload, youtube is your friend, took me about three rides to dual everything in, then Wow squared!

Steve

Ps ditch the orange sticker on the rear disk, its not a Rolex you know:)

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    You cant beat a new bike to reinvigorate your joy of cycling, and 29Ē wheels coupled with a full susser must be a flyer. Enjoy it , take time setting up the sag and preload, youtube is your friend, took me about three rides to dual everything in, then Wow squared!

Steve

Ps ditch the orange sticker on the rear disk, its not a Rolex you know:)
    Haha. I actually wasnít going out for a ride, just popped on it to nip around the close but got too attached I went out. It will be removed tomorrow for sure now! Lol.

Thanks for the YouTube tips will have a look.