closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: TZ Cycling/Bike Appreciation thread!

Hybrid View

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by burton View Post
    I did the Ride 100 in 2019,

Have turned to Gravel riding now and so don't own a road bike anymore, as found riding on the road was being a little more close too many times.
    Good to hear you are enjoying gravel riding. Have you heard of the glorious gravel sportifs?

https://gloriousgravel.com/

I bumped into one about six weeks ago in Wales, then whilst camping in North Yorks last week they had another event there.

Master

TZ Cycling/Bike Appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Good to hear you are enjoying gravel riding. Have you heard of the glorious gravel sportifs?

https://gloriousgravel.com/

I bumped into one about six weeks ago in Wales, then whilst camping in North Yorks last week they had another event there.
    I did the Suffolk event the last month, was tough on the way back with the wind! Needed to train more for it as the sand zapped me!

Was happy to have completed it and on to more training, but a little slower as have covid and family life has gotten in the way.

Picture of the bike

Last edited by burton; 27th May 2022 at 16:07.

Craftsman
    Road bike is rim braked and I use Swissstop Flash Pro BXP Alloy Rim Brake Pads. The best there is IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by wallyuk View Post
    Road bike is rim braked and I use Swissstop Flash Pro BXP Alloy Rim Brake Pads. The best there is IMO.
    I use KoolStop on both steel rims (Andra Rigida) and CSS coated rims (Mavic EX721). I weigh 80+Kg, the bike weighs 20Kg and I have carried up to 40Kg when cycle touring and not failed to stop yet.