closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Old versus new Seiko Monster bracelets?

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Old versus new Seiko Monster bracelets?

A question to anyone who has (or has had) both the old and new Seiko Monsters on bracelet: Are the bracelets identical or is there a difference?

Just wondering about the best way to source a bracelet for the SRP313 (supplied on rubber) that I've just purchased.

Master
    They are identical.
    They have a different code on them but otherwise they are absolutely identical.

Blog Entries
    Many thanks.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Many thanks.
    No worries.

I've had them both and I wondered that too. But the bracelet seemed pretty sturdy and well done to me so the fact that they were identical wasn't so much of a surprise.

Infact, there is one slight difference.

I have had both and the collar configuration is slightly different...

On the old monster bracelet, the collar rested inside a slightly larger diameter hole on the Inside of the link's, which stopped the collar being pushed out the end when you replaced the pin.

On the new monster bracelet, the link's no longer has a cut out for the collar to rest in on the inside, you can push the collar all the way through, which i found made it a little more difficult to adjust.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mihaixp View Post
    But the bracelet seemed pretty sturdy and well done to me so the fact that they were identical wasn't so much of a surprise.
    Yup, I've always liked the Monster bracelet. The similarity between old and new certainly simplifies sourcing a bracelet for the SRP313.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by senraw View Post

On the old monster bracelet, the collar rested inside a slightly larger diameter hole on the Inside of the link's, which stopped the collar being pushed out the end when you replaced the pin.

On the new monster bracelet, the link's no longer has a cut out for the collar to rest in on the inside, you can push the collar all the way through, which i found made it a little more difficult to adjust.
    That's very interesting. Thanks for that.

I think this encourages me to source an older bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by senraw View Post

I've one of the 'old' (non manual wind) monsters and the bracelet on mine allows you to knock the pin and collar straight through; the collar pieces don't fit on the inside to be retained (like you get on a SARB). So I'm not sure that the bracelet design has changed with the new model, as they may had changed it prior.