closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Swiss Watch Company Chiswick - any good?

Blog Entries

Swiss Watch Company Chiswick - any good?

My wife's currently looking for a new watch and stumbled upon the Swiss Watch Company in Chiswick. Does any of you know them / did business with them? You can always send me a PM.

Thanks in advance!

Menno

Craftsman
    I bought an IWC mkXV in 200. Prices are fairly steep but I received a good service from them.

I believe they're the same company as watches.co.uk.

I've bought from them before with no issue (online transaction with email and telephone contact).

Blog Entries
    Used them once and was a very smooth purchase with really helpful advice and great all round service. Watch was absolutely mint too. Well recommended.

Craftsman
    I have not bought anything from them, but I did call into their office/shop in Chiswick a few years ago to enquire about a piece, which they advised me not to buy! Ended up having a great discussion with one of the lads about vintage Rolex and trying on a few mega pieces from their personal collection Mil-Subs, Paul Newman Daytonas etc, nice lads and very knowledgable.

Michael

Craftsman
    I have also had good experiences with SWC, I find them pleasant to deal with and they are an honest bunch too ! If part-exchanging a watch their prices can be on the low side, but I don't think they are any worse than anyone else in this respect. Prices seem to be reasonably firm but they are often open to a reasonable offer (maybe knocking off £100). Also if you are unhappy with the watch upon receipt there is no problem with returning the watch for a full refund either.

I would recommend them.

Marc.

Had a couple off them, contacted them about another off them a couple of months ago and found them quite rude, wouldn't be in a hurry to deal with them again

Yes, both online and in person.
    Watches ranging from £1,500 to £8,000

Found their prices about right for their location, maybe a little high.
    Even sold back a few too, those prices were also more or less what I would expect for sell-back / part exchange.

People often see the second hand prices and think that's what the watch is worth to the dealer, which obviously it's not.
    Simple rule of thumb with any of them, check out their prices, half it, and that's what they'd pay you to buy in. Or in other terms, first rule of successful retail, sell it for twice what you paid.
    Not happy with that? Try somewhere else or sell privately

I bought my PAM from them and have been very pleased with it. Whole experience was very positive. The asking price was firm though, which is what I was expecting having seen feedback on here before I bought.

Blog Entries
    Gentlemen, thank you for your input! My wife had spotted a nice Omega on their site. SWC calls it a Condition 2 watch. Given the reactions here it's perhaps an honest description, but she will be very careful here. I see a trip to London / Chiswick on the horizon.

Menno

Master
    I have brought and sold to these guys and thank god have not had to deal with them since. I choose to spend my money else where and am a lot wiser now then I was then. They will low ball you on any price they offer, especially when you arrive. I have found them to be rude and arrogant so much so that I have chosen not to deal with them since 2008.

I have dealt with them many times, always friendly and helpful and I have always found their pricing fair whether buying or selling, I would recommend them 100%.