closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rayban "Tech" sunglasses

Craftsman

Cool Rayban "Tech" sunglasses

I am considering purchasing some Rayban Tech sunglasses (model 8301 56mm).

The arms are Carbon Fibre, which I quite like the idea of due to having a couple of young kids who will no doubt get their hands on them.

My question is, do any forum members have a pair of rayban tech glasses, and if so, are they worth the extra £££?

Thanks in advance

Darren

I've got polarised rb 8310 with carbon fibre look arms. They are brilliant. Cheshire Oaks outlet village is a good place to look (if you are nearby), I got mine from there much cheaper than rrp.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    I've got polarised rb 8310 with carbon fibre look arms. They are brilliant. Cheshire Oaks outlet village is a good place to look (if you are nearby), I got mine from there much cheaper than rrp.
    Not too close, but been thinking of going down there (only couple of hours away).

What sort of discount do they offer?

I think I got about £50 off rrp, but that was a year or so ago. They seem to be available for similar prices online now though. There's a couple of sunglasses shops there, probably best to give them a call prior to going.

Journeyman
    I picked a pair of Raybans up from CostCo two or three years ago.

They were great value & if they have the one's you're looking for in stock, it's worth checking the price.

You'll probably know this, but CostCo demands that you become a member, for a fee, before they allow you to purhase goods. So depends if you're already a member or know someone who is.

Craftsman
    I have a pair (8305) which were bought in Costco for @£90. I bought them as they are the only RB shades that I like and I can wear them under a crash helmet. Not sure I would own expensive sunglasses if kids could get hold of them.

My prescription glasses are Ray Bans with CF arms. I have had them for about 1 1/2 years no problems (other than needing new lens).

Craftsman
    Well, finally got some today. Opted for the 59mm lens, which are smaller than other aviators.

They feel real top quality (I suppose they should!). Really light and the polarized lens make a real difference.

Very happy so thanks for the input gents.

The RayBan Techs looks great and I am tempted, but really have plenty of other sunglasses. Cant really justifying being another set.

Quote Originally Posted by baz1 View Post
    I have a pair (8305) which were bought in Costco for @£90. I bought them as they are the only RB shades that I like and I can wear them under a crash helmet. Not sure I would own expensive sunglasses if kids could get hold of them.
    Take a look at Randolph Engineering. Their Square Aviator with 'bayonet' temples work great under a helmet. I use my RE Aviators under a Schuberth C3 helmet.

http://www.randolphusa.com/

I have a pair of 8305s, they're very light and very comfortable, but if I was buying today, I wouldn't buy polarised lenses- I can't read the stereo screen or the climate control screen in the car without leaning over, and it's really irritating.
    I suspect the extra money isn't worth it for carbon, but it's a subjective thing.