closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hotel Recommendations London Zone 1 & 2

Hotel Recommendations London Zone 1 & 2

Evening chaps

I'll be in central London for a long weekend in August with my other half. We've visited the capital many times before but we'd like to try somewhere new in terms of accommodation.

Any recommendations for a nice hotel (could be a boutique) in Zone 1 or 2? Budget up to £200 per night. Near to Tube a bonus. Doesn't need a pool, doesn't need to be near theatreland (I'm not that cultured), or be near Canary Wharf (not planning on any F2Fs with fellow TZ-ers).

Anything you can hit me with is welcomed :)

Journeyman
    K West in Shepherds Bush is worth a look, stayed there a few times.

Athenaeum hotel, I've stayed there a couple of times, some good offers come up sometimes on places like Lastminute.com and Expedia.

Master
    we stayed here last summer during the Olympics on the recommendation of a mate, nice place it is a B+B though

http://www.fleetriverbakery.com/bookings.php?navid=4

Stayed here a few times, good breakfast great for South Bank.
    http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_R...n_England.html

Thankies one and all.

The London Bridge looks like a winner at the moment as it's on the Northern Line, so straight down from St Pancras and no faffing changing lines with my other half's luggage strapped to me like a pack mule for the w/e.

Would have liked to take a look at the Fleet River Bakery, but it was fully booked up for the weekend we were looking at :(

the park plaza at westminister bridge was excellent when i was last there!

Master
    The Megaro on Euston Road is really nice and right next to Kings X tube. Big rooms, big comfy beds and nice bathrooms

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jegger View Post
    Athenaeum hotel, I've stayed there a couple of times, some good offers come up sometimes on places like Lastminute.com and Expedia.
    +1

My favourite London hotel but you will need to mind an online offer to be able to keep within budget.

Craftsman
    http://www.citizenm.com/landing.php?...Fa7JtAodaSUA9w

THis place is new and funky... just behind the Tate modern on the South Bank

Craftsman
    The Lodon Bridge Hotel is really noisy at the moment with all the work going on around the Shard... Uwalk past it everyu morning and you can't hear anything for drills and heavy machinery

Craftsman
    another vote for the park plaza at westminister bridge. was very nice when i stayed there a while back - and the breakfast was awesome!

Courthouse hotel, opposite Carnaby street and Libertys is great. really nice bar

Craftsman
    I work in the record industry and we put our artists in K West, nice place, but a little out of the way.
    The Sanctum Soho is possibly at the top end of your budget but quite a cool 'rock n roll' hotel. Great location, hot tub on the roof and a smattering of visiting celebs, if that floats your boat.

Journeyman
    If i stay overnight in Town, I stay at the rathbone hotel, just around the corner from Goodge street tube station, good rates, Good rooms, good breakfast and good location, there are some awesome restaurants, cafe and bars right around it too.....