closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling on New Bond Street

Master

Breitling on New Bond Street

The reason I've been pushing to sell my Reverso is to fund one of Breitling's new Avenger II GMTs (http://www.breitling.com/en/models/a...venger-ii-gmt/). I immediately fell in love with the Basel pictures and I've been looking for a properly waterproof GMT for ages.

Yesterday, I thought I'd give their new boutique a visit and popped in over lunch. What a great buying experience; I pretty much had the shop to myself, so their super helpful salesman, Scott, had loads of time to let me try on the GMT, the amazing yellow Sealwolf and the GMT Abyss. After reading the recent bad experiences of other retailers, here's a store that's an absolute pleasure to spend time in.

As retail spaces go, it's huge! Two floors of every imaginable Breitling. Not a brand I've really invested in before, but seeing those stunning Chronomats and the Seawolfs (Seawolves?) has changed my mind. I think a yellow diver is next on my list. Scott mentioned the new Emergency is just getting legal and compliance sign off and should be ready in autumn and already has a sizable waiting list.

I ended up with a blue Avenger II GMT. It's blooming stunning. Advertised at 43mm, it feels identical in size to the new 42mm Explorer but is a little lower in profile. Dare I say that I think it's a better looking GMT than the 42mm Explorer (despite the fact it's not a 'proper' GMT?). I was also loaded up with freebies - a baseball cap and set of teaspoons (anybody buying my Reverso can have those as a gift!).

Both the sales guys really knew their watches too - we talked about the Panerai 392 I was wearing and watches in general.

Pictures over the weekend. But if you're near Bind Street , pop in!

Banned
    Sounds like a good day out. The Avenger GMT looks like a very nice watch and shows that Breitling have listened and have started to turn the corner with some good models.

Master
    It is a great looking shop in a prime spot opposite Wempe. Not had much experience with the sales staff as not in the market for another Breitling. Congratulations on your purchase, pictures will be great.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Whilst I am not normally a Breitling fan, I have to say that blue GMT is just lovely. May I ask how much please?

Master
    Really nice watch Simon and glad to see Breitling are doing things correctly. I'll visit the store next time I'm down there as I've always loved Breitlings, just not some of the newer styles.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Whilst I am not normally a Breitling fan, I have to say that blue GMT is just lovely. May I ask how much please?
    £3,200 including teaspoons.

Simon

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gladders View Post
    £3,200 including teaspoons.

Simon
    Thanks. I hope they are silver!

Master
    Lovely watch - well done!

My recent yellow seawolf came directly from Bond St, still in all it's protective wrappers - was lovely receiving an untouched, 100% "factory fresh" watch!

I understand that Breitling on Bond St has set a new record for rent price in London... they must be selling a lot of product (and good for them!)

- - - Updated - - -

PS PHOTOS!!!!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    My recent yellow seawolf came directly from Bond St, still in all it's protective wrappers - was lovely receiving an untouched, 100% "factory fresh" watch!
    I tell you what, I was absoluley stunned by that yellow seawolf. If I ever manage to sell my LW Oktopus, I'm jumping on the Central Line straight back to New Bond Street and picking one up.

simon

Master
    I tell you what, I was absoluley stunned by that yellow seawolf.
    What, this old thing?? ;-)

I ended up with a blue Avenger II GMT. It's blooming stunning. Advertised at 43mm, it feels identical in size to the new 42mm Explorer but is a little lower in profile.
    The new GMT is beautiful, but I would love to know what its lug to lug length is, when you have a tape measure handy.

Cheers

David

Does anyone know if the new Breitling Boutique on New Bond Street has a watch technician/workshop? Having just had a very good experience in terms of getting a bracelet resized by the in-house technician at the Omega Boutique around the corner in Regent's Street it would be good to know if Breitling can offer the same service/support.

Thanks in advance .....

Master
    Hi.

Yes they do - he resized my bracelet there and then.

Simon

Hi.

Simon
    Thanks Simon - very helpful and much appreciated.

Banned
    Hi.

Simon
    How are those pics coming along? I'd really like to see a wrist shot.