closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 1963 Omega Railmaster ST135.004....

1963 Omega Railmaster ST135.004....

Hi Guys

My first post in a while....so back with a typical Vintage Omega 'bang' is a fairly rarely seen piece....a 1963 Railmaster ST135.004:

The Railmaster is a very interesting piece....it uses a faraday cage of soft iron to protect the movement from strong magnetic fields....exactly the same proportions as the 14755 sm300 , but twice as heavy ! Even the dial on these is 1mm thick for added protection and it was produced alongside the early sm300's (2913/14755) & Speedmaster's (2915/2998) and had the reference 2914/135004 (the latter in my case) and was in direct competition against the Rolex Milguass. It was part of a very short production run between 1957 - 1963 (although the Omega was produced in much fewer numbers due to being 'unpopular' at the time) .

This is the 3rd watch of the original Omega ' Masters' series.

It uses a manual wind cal. 286 movement and the Bracelet is an original full length Semi-expandable 7912 with the correct number 6 end pieces all in superb condition.

Anyone familiar with the Caseback of the legendary sm300's will appreciate the subtle difference of text used.

Hope you like it

HAGWE -

Best - Neil

Very nice. Seems alot of watches that weren't popular originally are now quite sought after.

And now, Omega are going back up against Rolex's Milgauss with their newer version of their anti magnetic watch.

Malc

Top watch! And looks like lovely condition too.

That's nice really nice. A few years ago I wanted to buy one of the now discontinued Railmaster models but was too late :-(

What a beauty.

My modern version Railmaster is one of my favourites...and this one is my birth year!

Amazing, Neil - this is one of the watches that's always been on my hit list and I spent many months a while back trying to find a good example.

Nice to see you posting, by the way.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MerlinShepherd View Post
    What a beauty.

My modern version Railmaster is one of my favourites...and this one is my birth year!

Mine too..... 63 is an excellent vintage

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Amazing, Neil - this is one of the watches that's always been on my hit list and I spent many months a while back trying to find a good example.

Nice to see you posting, by the way.
    Thanks Tony

Yes , way over due to post something myself here....but having just spent the last 8x months in & out of Gt Ormond Street (again !) with my youngest son , my hobby (& passion) had to go on the back burner....I'm very pleased to report that things are much much improved here now !

Best - Neil