closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anybody used watch parts. Co.UK recently? Updated

Anybody used watch parts. Co.UK recently? Updated

Put an order in 3 weeks ago, not heard anything. No response to email, not answering the phone.

Should I be concerned?

M
    Last edited by markl; 15th July 2013 at 20:30.

hate to be the bearer of bad news but others have had some issues.... http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...highlight=scam

Master
    I think I would be concerned they dont appear to be too reliable, have you tried contacting them.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin10 View Post
    hate to be the bearer of bad news but others have had some issues.... http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...highlight=scam
    Thanks for that.,missed it originally.

Oh dear!!!! Have used them before with no problems. Have emailed and phoned without success, time to step it up!

M

UPDATE

The part arrived today! Ordered 24/05/13!

Communication was terrible, they only responded to emails when threatened with recovery proceedings!

Disillusioned with them but they did come good in the end! Feel I should write and point out the issues but I don't know if I can be bothered.

Mark

Hmm I ordered something on the 24th of June and haven't heard a peep from them either since despite a reminder last Friday.

Have you tried cousinsuk for watchparts. Maybe another option in future.

I ordered some parts (a spare link and 2 additional sets of pin & collars for a Seamaster bracelet) from them on 3 June. Parts arrived on 12 June BUT was missing parts (the pin & collar that should have been included with the link - and which was pictured on their web site - was not included).

I raised a ticket on the same day, and despite daily requests from me, I never had any response. I managed to get in touch with them
    on 17 June by a route mentioned on another forum, and had a very speedy and apologetic response on the same day. After a further chaser, the missing parts finally arrived on 10 July. I did also receive the following from my contact, which explains some of the difficulties that they face:
    Hi Philip,

I appreciate your comments...

Sadly another large watch part/tool supplier in the UK closed last week Time Products/Apollo Southerns. Whilst not on par with Cousins and OFrei, they were still a large player in the UK market.

What people do not seem to realise is the problems that are being dealt with behind closed doors in relation to supply. Cousins are long established with many years of trading in much better economic climates to what we have experienced as a business in the 7 years we have been trading.

We have tried very hard to be an alternative but have been blocked every step of the way by suppliers and manufacturers alike. Sadly if companies like ours go to the wall then your left with Cousins and little alternative. We have been stretched to almost breaking point with the needs of our customers by way of updates and next day delivery expectations which is just not possible with the Swiss watches houses and their insistence on 4 - 6 week delivery times. We are struggling but will continue to fight on.

I hope a little insight may soft the blow...
    My feeling on this is that I'll happily accept a 4 - 6 week delivery time, provided that I am told in advance that this is the time frame. It's not knowing whether your parts will arrive next day or in 6 weeks that leads to a lot of the frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    I ordered some parts (a spare link and 2 additional sets of pin & collars for a Seamaster bracelet) from them on 3 June. Parts arrived on 12 June BUT was missing parts (the pin & collar that should have been included with the link - and which was pictured on their web site - was not included).

I raised a ticket on the same day, and despite daily requests from me, I never had any response. I managed to get in touch with them
    on 17 June by a route mentioned on another forum, and had a very speedy and apologetic response on the same day. After a further chaser, the missing parts finally arrived on 10 July. I did also receive the following from my contact, which explains some of the difficulties that they face:

My feeling on this is that I'll happily accept a 4 - 6 week delivery time, provided that I am told in advance that this is the time frame. It's not knowing whether your parts will arrive next day or in 6 weeks that leads to a lot of the frustration.
    Agree completely with the final paragraph! If they made this known when ordering it would cause us and them a lot less grief!

M

Quote Originally Posted by markl View Post
    Agree completely with the final paragraph! If they made this known when ordering it would cause us and them a lot less grief!

M
    Same, an email of 'we haven't forgotten' would suffice. Having said that my order was for some Bergeon pliers... if they're out of stock fair enough but I'd be surprised if they are as difficult to deal with as the brands when ordering OEM parts.

Master
    I've had several bits recently with no problems whatsoever including a "bending over backwards to please" when ordering a will it or won't it fit item.
    mike

Quote Originally Posted by spluurfg View Post
    Hmm I ordered something on the 24th of June and haven't heard a peep from them either since despite a reminder last Friday.
    Well after a couple emails went unanswered asking about my 1-month old order, I requested a refund via paypal and they processed it in 9 minutes. Certainly can't complain about that but I do wonder why they didn't just answer my other emails.

I don't think they're out to con anyone just lazy and/or incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    I don't think they're out to con anyone just lazy and/or incompetent.
    Yeah exactly... I'm perfectly happy to be patient if they have an item out of stock but they seem to not know what's going on....

Quote Originally Posted by spluurfg View Post
    Well after a couple emails went unanswered asking about my 1-month old order, I requested a refund via paypal and they processed it in 9 minutes. Certainly can't complain about that but I do wonder why they didn't just answer my other emails.
    I had something similar with a (large) eBay seller of watch straps.

I bought a strap where the listing offered a choice of steel or gilt buckle. As luck would have it, I forgot to say which I wanted and the seller never asked and sent me a gilt one, whereas I wanted steel.

I sent them a polite message through eBay asking whether it would be possible to change the strap for one with a steel buckle. No response. 3 days later, I sent another polite message; again, no response. So I raised an "I want to return the item for a refund" dispute on eBay - and got home that evening to find that a steel buckle had arrived in the post. I obviously cancelled the dispute, and I will leave them positive feedback, but I have had zero communications from them at any point. All it needed was a 4 word communication - "have sent steel buckle" - and I would not have opened the dispute.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    I had something similar with a (large) eBay seller of watch straps.

I bought a strap where the listing offered a choice of steel or gilt buckle. As luck would have it, I forgot to say which I wanted and the seller never asked and sent me a gilt one, whereas I wanted steel.

I sent them a polite message through eBay asking whether it would be possible to change the strap for one with a steel buckle. No response. 3 days later, I sent another polite message; again, no response. So I raised an "I want to return the item for a refund" dispute on eBay - and got home that evening to find that a steel buckle had arrived in the post. I obviously cancelled the dispute, and I will leave them positive feedback, but I have had zero communications from them at any point. All it needed was a 4 word communication - "have sent steel buckle" - and I would not have opened the dispute.
    Not sure why you should leave positive feedback in these circumstances. To my mind should be neutral at best. It's hardly been a positive experience has it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Not sure why you should leave positive feedback in these circumstances. To my mind should be neutral at best. It's hardly been a positive experience has it?
    Well getting a free second buckle no questions asked is pretty positive IMO, I guess in that case I might give him a 4/5 for communications - 5/5 for receiving messages and a 3/5 for sending =P