closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wedding Watch - what did you wear, or would like to wear?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Healey

Cracking car - reminds me of my wedding day, had a '66 Daimler V8 and wore a B & M dress watch. Still have the watch but the car went a few years ago, sadly.

Getting married this year myself!...end of August. I hand planned to wear my Speedie, but now it'll be a 2500 Aqua Terra I reckon.

Hope you have a great day.

Cheers

Blog Entries
    Make the most of this special day!

I got married in Falmouth Cornwall, wearing a Sinn U1 with my jeans and R.M. Williams original bushman with Cuban heel............

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Craftsman
    I don't think I wore a watch......we weren't that flush, so watches were a luxury not yet realised.

If it were now, I think I would wear either a JLC Master Control or a GO Senator sixties

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think I wore a watch......we weren't that flush, so watches were a luxury not yet realised.

If it were now, I think I would wear either a JLC Master Control or a GO Senator sixties

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Sorry really doesn't work for me, lacks class.
    Lacks class...wash your mouth out! Actually I'd preferred something vintage but beggers can't be choosers. I think it all looks pretty classy.

Journeyman
    "lacks class" is a bit below the belt. I think it looks fine, plus the suit is a killer colour...

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by rossyl View Post
    I wore a simple gold Henri Sandoz in gold
    And here is the watch...

I wore a iWC portuguese chrono with blue numerals.

My dad passed away 6 months before our wedding. The wedding was planned in his presence and so we kept everything the same. I wore his watch on the day... He loved his watch and it felt good to have something that meant something to him on me on the day.

I only had one decent watch at the time, so that's what I wore.

Pretty sure it was a Seiko analogue / digital but I can't remember for sure.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman
    wore a half gold DJ 2. will only wear thst for special events as i want to keep it looking new. :)

Like quite a few so far in the thread I wore a Seiko.

It was a Seiko Quartz Sports 100 and it was the engagement present I received from my future missus in the mid 80s... a time when I quite "liked" watches rather than being "big into" watches... that came a lot later.

Though it stopped working in the mid 90s, I still have the watch and will get a new movement installed when I can be bothered to do the leg-work. (I've found with that calibre long since discontinued, it'll require some jiggery-pokery with one of Seiko's current calibres... I'll get round to it one day I'm sure.)

SMP bought by my wife as an engagement present. I saved like mad for this watch and then decided to blow it and some more on a ring. She felt guilty as I took her window shopping just to look at them and bought me this the day after I proposed in Vegas from Roman Times in Caesers Palace.

It had to be the wedding day watch after that...