closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Profiling a TZ-ER

Hybrid View

Profiling a TZ-ER

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, a little weekend fun for those currently without a girlfriend or mistress, how to recognise a typical TZ-ER walking along the street or on the tube, 1) Is he wearing a Barbour Skyfall Jacket? 2) Shoes Grenson or Loake? 3) Rolex Submariner or Omega PO? on a nato? walk up to him and shake his hand whilst saying I declare you to be a WIS and I claim my £10.00 Keep your eyes peeled TZ-ERs and good luck.
    Last edited by number2; 8th June 2013 at 08:13.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Banned
    Don't forget, he'll have an (unwanted upgrade) iPhone in a very expensive (only tried on in the house, with the lighs off) alloy case.

Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66 View Post
    Don't forget, he'll have an (unwanted upgrade) iPhone in a very expensive (only tried on in the house, with the lighs off) alloy case.
    PMS at that,

Probably wearing a very expensive set of headphones from some bizarre almost unknown maker.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Probably wearing a very expensive set of headphones from some bizarre almost unknown maker.
    Ask him,, do you own a Porsche Boxster or Range Rover Sport?

Ask him,, do you own a Porsche Boxster or Range Rover Sport?

It's more likely to be an MX5
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66 View Post
    With a dodgy headphone socket of course......?

They'll undoubtably moan.

A lot.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

If they're American, their watch will be wearing 'shoes' often made from old holsters.
    Last edited by bonzo697; 8th June 2013 at 21:20.

Whilst wearing £250 designer sunglasses in a country that gets no sun.

Master
    To be fair, if the person was a typical TZ-er, he'd (and it would be a he...) be a pretty helpful person willing to do favours for people he has never met. As much as we mock ourselves, I have witnessed some wonderful acts of kindness on here.

Of course, that is coming from someone who doesn't own a Berber jacket, prefers to buy his shoes new, uses a plain old Gillette razor, doesn't carry a knife, own a Rolex, drive an X5 or understand the appeal of a NATO strap. That said, I have been known to moan and I do have an appreciation for ginger women and norks. hehe

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alljay View Post

Of course, that is coming from someone who doesn't own a Berber jacket, prefers to buy his shoes new, uses a plain old Gillette razor, doesn't carry a knife, own a Rolex, drive an X5 or understand the appeal of a NATO strap. That said, I have been known to moan and I do have an appreciation for ginger women and norks. hehe
    Where have you been all my life
    RIAC

At least one of them will be at a market stall selling every kind of tat imaginable!

Plastic Faberge egg anyone??

Or buying up every kind of tat imaginable to flog on Sales Corner?
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Master
    Your mission, should you choose to accept it, a little weekend fun for those currently without a girlfriend or mistress, how to recognise a typical TZ-ER walking along the street or on the tube, 1) Is he wearing a Barbour Skyfall Jacket? 2) Shoes Grenson or Loake? 3) Rolex Submariner or Omega PO? on a nato? walk up to him and shake his hand whilst saying I declare you to be a WIS and I claim my £10.00 Keep your eyes peeled TZ-ERs and good luck.

And if he is, I bet you that he says that he cannot chat for long as Eastenders is about to start.

No he has the boxed sets of Lost, 24 and CSI, of which at least one set is un-opened. or he spends all his time on ebay looking for fakes!

Mont Blanc fountain pen...

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, a little weekend fun for those currently without a girlfriend or mistress, how to recognise a typical TZ-ER walking along the street or on the tube...<snip>
    They don't walk anywhere, unless it's with their spaniels or labradors. They're teleported into ADs to tyre kick haute horologie
    for hours, getting free champagne, asking the Saturday boy obscure questions about Jules Audemars' taste in lemon curd,
    being given the semi-mythical "freebies", not buying anything, then posting on here amazed & outraged that the Saturday boy didn't know that JA was allergic to curds, that the champagne wasn't vintage & that prices are just stupid these days.

Oh, and they had a deconstructed Greggs' steak bake for lunch in the Social Dining Room & Jason stopped at their table to say hello.

They have an ATB to ride to work via the park, to keep in shape and save the environment, then drive a 6 litre Fat Boy Range Rover Sport to the weekend cottage in Devon with Tamara and Justin, at which time to get in the holiday mood they wear their Orange Monster and their Ralph Lauren Polo shirt, they wouldn't dream of diving unless its the Galapagos or Cocos Islands, the Barrier Reef being a bit common.

He won't be wearing Grenson or a Barbour jacket as they're always size 8 and XXXL - no-one can buy the bloody things!

Seriously though, th giveaway of a WIS, not necessarily a TZ one is wearing a NATO, esp. something like a Rolex on a NATO (yeuuugh) because no normal person would ever think or know to even try it.

One thing is for certain, and that is you'd only be able to F2F this TZ-er in the City or Canary Wharf. RMSD wouldn't be an option.

Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post
    One thing is for certain, and that is you'd only be able to F2F this TZ-er in the City or Canary Wharf. RMSD wouldn't be an option.
    A F2F if either you are sat down or they are stood on an orange box, given as they only sell jeans or chinos that have a 30 or 32" leg.

Master
    Whatever you do, don't upset the potential TZ-er as he will likely be carrying a custom made knife.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    ....whilst saying that "it's not in the spirit of the forum" about anything they're unhappy with, and pseudo-moderating SC on their smart phone.

Thomas Reid
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    ....whilst saying that "it's not in the spirit of the forum" about anything they're unhappy with, and pseudo-moderating SC on their smart phone.
    Given some late night postings, the spirit of the forum seems to be pretty high octane.

Best wishes,
    Bob

6.75" wrists, size 7 shoes and wearing an XXL jacket.

Shouldn't be too hard to avoid spot.

They'll use their iPhone to take 'quick & dirty wrist/pocket shots of their watch in the wild', and when they meet their watches say 'hello/hi' to each other.
    They'll be carrying an old tea box that 'their' cabinet maker will be turning into a display case.
    They may not be wearing a watch as it will either be in the safe, or with 'their watchguy' for its weekly service and refinish.
    They'll probably bore the strides off you talking about F1/restoring their shed.
    Last edited by bonzo697; 8th June 2013 at 13:46.

The worrying thing is that I relate to 80% of these statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Niss View Post
    The worrying thing is that I relate to 80% of these statements.
    Perhaps a quarantined area of the forum could be arranged, where those infected to say 60% WIS or more could be kept under observation as a warning to the rest of us. Anyone care to devise a scoring system, or maybe a WIS-ometer app for iphones.
    Last edited by number2; 9th June 2013 at 10:55.

Wearing bright check shirts made from fine Italian woven cottons and doused in Creed! No Man Made Fibres in this place.....

The biggest giveaway is that he will be checking his watch so frequently you will think he is on the run from the law.

Which he may well be.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    The biggest giveaway is that he will be checking his watch so frequently you will think he is on the run from the law.

Which he may well be.
    He's checking to see whether the lume on his antique Submariner has faded any more since the last time he looked, and to see who has noticed that Submariner is written in red.

And he can never have too many of a good thing http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...-Belstaff-Jkts however nice they are., and these are very nice I might add.

And he can never have too many of a good thing http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...-Belstaff-Jkts however nice they are., and these are very nice I might add.
    I was really enjoying this thread upto that point :)

Regards.

Keith.

Unless they've had time to check their "Which strap, watch, shoes, boots, sunglasses, car... " posts they'll probably still be naked - and at home - and waiting for a "You've got mail" ping.
    Gray

Within 2 minutes of meeting him you'll be having a heated debate.......

His eyes are like piss-holes in snow as he's spent all day taking photos of his watches in the dark...

Quote Originally Posted by Optimum View Post
    His eyes are like piss-holes in snow as he's spent all day taking photos of his watches in the dark...
    And he knows which lume is strongest in any given environment, though he will never wear a watch in water or worse still the shower.

By his disturbingly small feet shall ye know him.

And his Corby trouser press, that he uses to keep the seams straight in his 501s
    Last edited by number2; 11th June 2013 at 08:48.

He's an apotemnophiliac.

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    He's an apotemnophiliac.
    I had to look that up.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Then there are those who don't fit into any particular profile offered so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    Then there are those who don't fit into any particular profile offered so far.
    That's just denial....................
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Carrying a watch box sized box into the post office about to send previously mentioned box (containing a watch) to a fellow TZer, RMSD.

Surely it has to be "Wears a Rolex with Stickers and Tags still on..."

Perhaps a quarantined area of the forum could be arranged, where those infected to say 60% WIS or more could be kept under observation as a warning to the rest of us. Anyone care to devise a scoring system?
    I cant as a friend and I are off down to an AD at Canary Wharf to try on some Hublots and Romain Jerome Titanics which im going to photograph whilst on my wrist using my Vertu, ill post the pics so you guys can drool or take the pi** depending on your predilections, before driving to the White Swan in Twickers in my BMW X5 for lunch with Tabatha and Justin, might just wear the old Skyfall jacket which I paid oodles over list price for, but it was a MUST have, but I cornered the market by pre-ordering seven in different sizes which I sold to muppets on the bay, maybe the Labs can have splash about in the river, oh dear I don't think this post is in the spirit of the forum
    Last edited by number2; 10th June 2013 at 08:31.

Master
    This is one of he funniest threads I've read in a long time!

I did meet a fellow TZ-er once, and it was in Rolex in St James. Well I say "meet" it was actually that we both posted that day that we'd been here and recognised that we would have been there at the same time.

I did see someone with a Rolex LV on the tube the other day and was tempted to ask him about it as you don't see many 'in the wild' but normal tube etiquette got the better of me.

Banned
    Has a inexplicably strong attraction to any chevron markings in the street >>>>>>>.

Banned
    The more shady part of the fraternity will have bought a Zenith at half price then rammed it up someone for a tidy profit on SC.