closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Shocking

Shocking

Fresh off the delivery van, a spanking new Casio G-Shock Riseman. Perfect summer beater, although I hope it doesn't get beaten up as I'm quite fond of it already.
    Last edited by martyn3000; 4th June 2013 at 16:51.

Definatley the best G Shock out there, in looks and size!

Until this arrived I was sure I would prefer my retro looking GW-M5610, but after having this on my wrist a while I think I've found a new favourite G.

I must get another one of those, they're packed with good features and wear really well.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Bought mine off here a couple of months ago. Great watch and not too big.

Looks nice, great summer watch for sure!

Craftsman
    I wear mine more than any of my other watches! Good size, comfy and easy to wear.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave E View Post
    I must get another one of
    those, they're packed with good features and wear really well.
    What are these features? Is there a g shock with thermometer? I'd quite like that. And compass maybe.

Very nice, fancied one for a while but not yet taken the plunge. Looks great on the wrist

Quote Originally Posted by KurtKlaus View Post
    What are these features? Is there a g shock with thermometer? I'd quite like that. And compass maybe.
    Thermometer, barometer, and altimeter. There is one with a compass, can't think which one though.

Quote Originally Posted by bobfrog View Post
    Very nice, fancied one for a while but not yet taken the plunge. Looks great on the wrist
    And very slender wrists I have too

Looks great. I have just purchased my first G Shock today from Amazon, hopefully will see it before the end of the week. Has the solar power, moonphase, tides and other crazy things. I got this one...

The tides could come in handy, especially if you're an avid sailor. Which G-Shock is that?

Quote Originally Posted by martyn3000 View Post
    Thermometer, barometer, and altimeter. There is one with a compass, can't think which one though.
    Some Mudman Gs have a compass/thermometer.

Would be nice to have altitude/compass/thermo in a single watch though!

The tides could come in handy, especially if you're an avid sailor. Which G-Shock is that?
    Its a G-Shock Rescue GW-7900-1ER, not an avid sailor but I do live on an Island so it may be handy to know the tides

The Channel Islands I see, you're right, might come in handy for you.

On another note, does anyone have any experience changing the bezel and strap on these? I was thinking of swapping them out for an ice white set.

why do people like the riseman? i dont get it
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

It's a watch you really need to wear to appreciate. They've always had a cult following, I think due to there individual look, ruggedness, and feature set.

It's a watch you really need to wear to appreciate. They've always had a cult following, I think due to there individual look, ruggedness, and feature set.
    Yes, and it's also about the most comfortable watch ever. I think I'd rather I hadn't changed mine for a GW-5000 in hindsight.

I like mine, a nice size (not big like Mudman) and yes, very comfortable with some useful features. Like to know the altitude when on holiday!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    why do people like the riseman? i dont get it
    Neither do I. I bought a Riseman and promptly put it back in its box. The 5600 form factor is by far the best G, and having just acquired a steel-cased 5000 which is pretty much ideal, I can safely say that my extensive experimenting with G-Shocks is now over.

Somehow these remind me of someone wearing a monocle.

I had one for a couple of years in rotation with a solar atomic mudman and a gw6900. The only one I still have of the trio is the 6900. I really liked the Riseman and it was comfortable and great module - but the display was often partly shaded by the plastic bar across the face and it really bugged me. Like the mudman it also had a very plasticky (as opposed to the usually softer resin) strap, and the keeper was forever moving leaving an annoying tail sticking out. The features were great but I use my iphone for stuff like weather etc so I got rid. It dies arguably have the best module out there (time visible in most modes etc) but the strap and display problems put me off.
    Like others I prefer the 5600 and 6900 styles - although the dw5600 is my favourite square, the gw6900 is my favourite (currently on a composite bracelet)
    They're all good though, and IMHO fantastically well built and designed.

Congrats & enjoy, it looks great!

awesome watches and take a good hammering too. I wore mine surfing in Hawaii and managed to scrape chunks off the strap and keepers. Just a bit of Wabi right.

I have girly wrists and this wears perfectly, much smaller than its 40+ mm would suggest (I think 48mm is quoted????)

Just got my 12 year old son a Mudman in purple, classic.

I've just picked one of these up too. Great all rounder with the solar atomic functions and the tide graph is actually pretty useful too having just bought a house 100yds from the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by champagne_james View Post
    Looks great. I have just purchased my first G Shock today from Amazon, hopefully will see it before the end of the week. Has the solar power, moonphase, tides and other crazy things. I got this one...

Quote Originally Posted by KurtKlaus View Post
    The 'wademan' (discontinued) had digital compass and thermometer. Did most of my travelling as a twenty something wearing one. Still got it, box papers and all too.

I think there must be a G-Shock to suit everyone. People that don't like the Riseman always seem to like another watch in the G line up.
    Last edited by martyn3000; 8th June 2013 at 12:33.

Blog Entries
    Every WIS should have at least one g-shock for the inevitable zombie attack.

Journeyman
    I've been looking for a daily beater to wear whilst cycling and I think a G-shock will be perfect. The Riseman looks pretty awesome.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I have a small collection of G's and although I loves he far out colours I think the riseman is the best all rounder . I just wish the bright green and blue ones were not so expensive!

I'd like I try a frogman, but they are crazy money!

Journeyman

In my book.

Everyone has their own favourite and where the G`s are concerned and i have 30 mine is defo the pick of these two.
    [/URL]
    [/URL]
    Terry

Some nice looking G's in here. Anyone have any experience with the Bluetooth G-Shocks?

Fresh off the delivery van, a spanking new Casio G-Shock Riseman. Perfect summer beater, although I hope it doesn't get beaten up as I'm quite fond of it already.
    I was looking for something to exchange a Gx56 I had bought online which was way too big. This one fits the bill.

A quick change of clothes.