closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Heads-Up - G-Shock Atomic GW-6900-1ER £46.61 on Amazon

Heads-Up - G-Shock Atomic GW-6900-1ER £46.61 on Amazon

Bit of a bargain this. The Atomic, Solar GW-6900.

Its only £58.27 which is cheap. But sign up to the Amazon clothing subscription, use the 20% discount code, and you can have the GW-6900 for a total of £46.61

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002LAS0SQ/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Master
    It's now gone down to £56.71 base price!

Master
    That has to be the best value G Shock ever. Wish the 6900 fit my wrist better.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    That has to be the best value G Shock ever. Wish the 6900 fit my wrist better.
    You can make a difference by switching the strap out for one from a GW-5600/5610. The wavy bits on the regular strap make it wear big, the 5600 ones are flatter and help it fit better for many (me included).

Hmm, just realised I don't have a pic, I'll try and add one later.

Great price for the G, as well. I've had a few, and with the possible exception of a GW-9200 (need to get another one of those at some point), the GW-6900 has been my favourite.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Quote Originally Posted by Dave E View Post
    You can make a difference by switching the strap out for one from a GW-5600/5610. The wavy bits on the regular strap make it wear big, the 5600 ones are flatter and help it fit better for many (me included).

Great price for the G, as well. I've had a few, and with the possible exception of a GW-9200 (need to get another one of those at some point), the GW-6900 has been my favourite.
    Spot on, I concur. One of the other great features of the GW-6900 which I've not seen on another G, is that you have a "GMT" function, whereby the world time for your chosen city can be displayed on the main timekeeping screen by pressing the top right button. And of course it can also take the G-shock composite bracelet.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Don't forget you can get a 20% discount code by signing up to their Fashion newsletter: http://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=1597067031

Used the code to order up a cheap 6900 the other day actually.

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Spot on, I concur. One of the other great features of the GW-6900 which I've not seen on another G, is that you have a "GMT" function, whereby the world time for your chosen city can be displayed on the main timekeeping screen by pressing the top right button. And of course it can also take the G-shock composite bracelet.
    I agree it has to be one of the best G's - mine is on a composite at the moment and it's great. I'm sure these were £46 ish on Amazon a couple of weeks back and only recently went up actually.
    I also liked the Riseman but it looks a bit too modern for me - the gw6900 has all the new benefits of solar/atomic but the old classic looks.

Not a great pic, but here's my GW-6900 with the GW-M5600 band on it:

Dave E

dave mate, still wearing the 6900 on bracelet i bought off you a couple of years ago, gets worn everyday and has been through a hell of alot but still comes out smiling, could this be the ultimate functional timepiece? e's are good, e's are good, we all know dave e's are good
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    dave mate, still wearing the 6900 on bracelet i bought off you a couple of years ago, gets worn everyday and has been through a hell of alot but still comes out smiling, could this be the ultimate functional timepiece? e's are good, e's are good, we all know dave e's are good

I didn't have one of these for ages, but had to give in eventually. Missed the one I sold you, glad it's getting a beating.
    Dave E

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonmurgie View Post
    Don't forget you can get a 20% discount code by signing up to their Fashion newsletter: http://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=1597067031

Used the code to order up a cheap 6900 the other day actually.
    Isn't that 20 per cent discount code for clothing or footwear?

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Isn't that 20 per cent discount code for clothing or footwear?
    You can use it on a watch too if the sale is by amazon themselves

Thanks for the heads up, I just bought one for £45.37 with the 20% discount

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by speedypro1111 View Post
    You can use it on a watch too if the sale is by amazon themselves
    Cheers for that. I paid £56.71 or so for that G-Shock a few months ago. Amazing value for money even for just short of 57 quid. Anyhow, I'll be putting that discount code towards another G-Shock.

Craftsman
    Thanks- just ordered.

LC

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave E View Post

Never thought of that, it is the strap that makes it wear too big for me. I had considered the bracelet which I like on the M5600BC but hadn't thought about the 5600 resin. Hmmm that is a good possibility, thanks for the tip.

Is the 6900 strap easier to change than the 5600 which I hear can be a bit of a pig?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Never thought of that, it is the strap that makes it wear too big for me. I had considered the bracelet which I like on the M5600BC but hadn't thought about the 5600 resin. Hmmm that is a good possibility, thanks for the tip.

Is the 6900 strap easier to change than the 5600 which I hear can be a bit of a pig?
    I've changed both types of straps regularly, and if you have even minimal experience it shouldn't take you more than 2 minutes at most.
    Solid advice btw on swapping straps. Doesn't work for me but I know it does for a lot of people

Alex

Easy enough to swap, as Alex says. You'll want a fine end spring bar tool and you do need to make sure the bars bed in properly, but that's it.
    Dave E

Master
    Just don't slip with the spring bar tool and stab it right into your thumb like I did. That wasn't fun.

I'd echo what others say about changing the straps, not sure it's possible to do it without marking the plastic lugs though. You do need to make sure you push the ends of the springbars home properly too - the tips don't always spring back into the holes of their own accord. I find the only way is to push the springbar out a long way from the strap, fit it into one of the holes and then kind if wiggle the strap in gently before using a springbar tool to locate the other end of the springbar into the case hole properly.
    I do like the 5610BC bracelet on my gw6900 but be warned it is a little slim for the case size. It's the same bracelet used on the gw6900bc version. Though so is the correct bracelet for the case. IMHO you need a fairly large wrist to pull it off as the head plus the fixed end links make it pretty large.

Master
    Yeah - I recommend paying an expert a few pounds to change G-shock straps. There may be a knack, but I couldn't see how to do it easily.

I've swapped the bracelet and straps round on a 5610 using a decent Bergeon tool, and still found it tricky to do smoothly and without slightly marking lugs. Would recommend engaging a professional to do, however if you're talking about a £50 watch, it may become nonsensical financially.

Most of the 'professionals' will probably cause more damage than the owner of the watch in my experience. I doubt most of them will use anything other than a screwdriver and brute force!

Use a smear of washing up liquid to act as a lubricant in and around the inside of the lugholes when changing straps on this model , makes the job approximately a million times easier ... tbh though if you are worried about marking the back of the lugs on a fifty quid g shock then I think there's something wrong with you

Master
    How much are these usually?

Master
    That is a bargain indeed, did not know a composite bracelet was available though, anyone got a picture of one fitted?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Use a smear of washing up liquid to act as a lubricant in and around the inside of the lugholes when changing straps on this model , makes the job approximately a million times easier ... tbh though if you are worried about marking the back of the lugs on a fifty quid g shock then I think there's something wrong with you
    I was thinking more of my fingers!

Thanks for the heads up, never had a g-shock before

Just googling this G-Shock and stumbled across this amazing picture.
    Source: http://watchshock.com/archive/Casio/...6xx/GW-6900-1/
    Also has a nice picture comparison to a square

Mine arrived yesterday so thanks for spotting it. Very light on the wrist and really like it so far! Strap is comfy as well. Just had some trouble reading what the three round indicators do with my eyes. Now lets get some sun to charge it please :-).