closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any ideas for a decent/cheap Ana-Digi display watch, ideally with a compass bezel?

Any ideas for a decent/cheap Ana-Digi display watch, ideally with a compass bezel?

Dunno why, just fancy one for a beater (spare, camping, working, training etc.) and to help teach my little boy the time (i'll get him one of his own seperately).

I've previously had a Aerospace Avantage, and found it useful - but I only want to spend 10% of that!
    If it had the Emergency bezel, I'd have kept it - I loved the old Breitling Plutons and that sort of thing, and always wanted a Seiko "Arnie" but they're too expensive for my needs.

So - any suggestions for a relatively inexpensive ana-digi, (ideally with a compass bezel for geek-thrills, but other suggesstions welcome).
    I'd possibly go for one of the Victorinox Aerospace copies if I could get one for a couple of hundred quid, or a real cheapy Casio etc., would be just as good. I've no brand snobbery at this price-point - £150 mark or below (well below ideally)!

cheers!

There's a good value one by Orient worth looking at. It's also worth checking out Argos as they used to do a nice Citizen one.

Master
    Tissot do a couple of nice ones.

The 'Two Timer' is quite attractive, especially this cool black and green one! Prices can be £300 or so for a good one but this is £200 from Thailand

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-VINTA...item2324bce3e6

They also did another, a TXL Tank from about 15 years ago. I've got one in white and it set me something like £120 for the watch only (Pawn shop find, no B&P). You should be paying £100 - £150 if you can find one of those.

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by mj234 View Post
    Ha ha - was just looking at that! Wonder if I can get it onto a NATO...... Be good if that bezel turns

Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    Wonder if I can get it onto a NATO......
    Probably could with Nato adaptors. Cheap watch.

A baby Arnie:

Or that Denzel Washington Casio (AMW-320).

Quote Originally Posted by JackW View Post
    A baby Arnie:

There is a baby Arnie on Ebay at the minute - part of a trio of cheapies. Seller is in Greece and it sounds like he's saying it doesn't work....... I WANT it but think he knows it's knackered and is just wording it to pique interest.

Quote Originally Posted by JackW View Post
    A baby Arnie:

Googled that - Arnie seems to favour it too, so must be good (lol). I think that one ticks all boxes, cheers! Now, how cheap can I find it........

There's the Boccia anadigi watches. A version or two was even issued in the German military - so it might be reasonably reliable. There are some on eBay for less than your price limit.

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...l-Boccia-Bund-!

Whoops - no compass, but you can get a small strap attachment very cheaply.
    Last edited by lenny; 30th May 2013 at 17:47.

Try a Casio gw 3500 - come up on amazon at a healthy discount every now and again. Lots of gadgets but no compass I'm afraid.

I think the Casio PRG-550-1A4 would be perfect for you.

It is rugged and has a compass, thermometer, altimeter, and barometer as well as the usual alarms, stopwatch and timers etc. It is also solar so never any battery worries.

It is on for £250 RRP but I know you can find it for less than half that price inc delivery.

Mitch
    Last edited by Mitch; 30th May 2013 at 17:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    It is on for £250 RRP but I know you can find it for less than half that price inc delivery.
    Do tell...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonmurgie View Post
    Do tell...
    £130 here http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B007...sr=1-1&pi=SL75

Tempted myself :-)

Craftsman
    Have a look at the TImex e-tide/temp/compass

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Timex-Expedi...s=timex+e-tide