closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Fast and Furious 6

Master

Fast and Furious 6

Just been to watch this at the Cinema.

It's a pretty good franchise this, especially for car nuts, but this installment is a bit thin on story and high on far fetched action sequences that come close to spoiling the whole thing.

Anyway, it's worth a watch just for the Jensen Interceptor, RS2000 and Dodge Daytona! Good job there was plenty of car-candy on show to distract, since the lovely Jordana Brewster doesn't feature much in this one.

Craftsman
    Her beauty has faded as she has aged, unfortunately.

I loved it!

I've grown up with the fast and the furious films, and this latest one is even more ridiculous and over the top than all the others.

For me though, that's what makes it brilliant, when taken with a pinch of salt.

Also, anyone spot what Brians watch was? It looked like a speedy but the logo didn't look like an Omega logo to me.

Yes, but it has Michelle Rodriguez in it.

I loved the film, I'm a big fan of the FF films and to be honest, this probably had the best story of them all - which is saying a lot!

I found that it was lacking some of the cheese that made FF1-5 magic which is a shame - but overall it looked like to was shot in a much more mature way imo.

The coolest part was some of my friends super cars were in the street race scene from London.

Chris

It has been calculated that the runway in the film is over 28 miles long.

Like Will852, I’ve grown-up with these films – I remember watching and re-watching the original ‘Fast and the Furious’ on VHS when I was in my mid teens!

I love everything from inter-war French cinema to the more “challenging” documentaries, but it’s great to watch a mindless bit of popcorn fun from time to time.

Along with one of my best friends, I’m also into cars; in fact, since the 2nd or 3rd film we’ve made an effort to catch each edition of the franchise upon release – it’s become a tradition!

I didn’t think the sixth film was particularly good, certainly not better than the 1st or 5th films (which I think provide the best of the series so far).

The story in the 6th film was (relatively) okay, but the stunts stretched believability too far. The endless runway was pretty stupid. [spoiler alert] Even more so was the stunt where Dom jumped from a car moving rapidly one way to catch Letty who’d been thrown from the tank moving rapidly the other way. That he caught her and both were unharmed was so laughably physically impossible (their rib cages and internal organs would’ve been crushed) that I and my girlfriend (who is a doctor) burst out laughing in the packed cinema (as we were amongst the few who did laugh, I think most of the audience bought it!).

[spoiler alert] Still, it looks like there will be a 7th film (with Jason Statham) and I’ll go and watch it when it comes out.
    Last edited by CamCG; 30th May 2013 at 09:48.

^^^ Spoiler Alert for anyone who's not seen it yet!! May want to edit that last sentence out

I enjoyed it for what it was, the last action sequence was good but seriously...

[massive spoiler alert!]

Chronology of the films (the below is taken from the Yahoo movie page)...

If you follow the series you know the third instalment, "Tokyo Drift" takes place after "Fast" 4, 5, and 6. Why do we know this? For one, Han (Sung Kang), who died in the third "Fast," is alive in the latter three instalments.

After the credits roll in "Fast 6," we see Han die all over again. Same race in Japan, same car flip. And now we can finally map out the chronology of the series:

1). "Fast" 1
    2). "Fast" 2
    3). skip to "Fast" 4
    4). "Fast" 5
    5). "Fast" 6
    6). back to "Fast" 3 (that pesky "Tokyo Drift")
    7). then forward to "Fast" 7 (coming out next year)

Han’s killer has never been revealed, but at last all is told.

Han dies after a mysterious Mercedes-Benz sideswipes his car, causing it to flip. And guess who gets out of the stealthy car to check Han's lifeless corpse?

Ian Shaw, played by none other than British action star Jason Statham (portraying the brother of the "Fast 6" super-villain known simply as Shaw, played by Luke Evans). Evans's character dies at the hands of the "Fast" crew in the sixth instalment, out now. Statham's man is clearly avenging his brother's death.

The series has come full circle. And Han's death is, at last, explained.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...152737253.html

Master
    We also know the seventh (and apparently final) movie will be set at least partly in Tokyo, as Vin Diesel appears at the end of Tokyo Drift.
    Previously it was thought of as a small cameo, a nod to the original film, but it seems this was always part of the bigger picture.

I hope they don't recruit the kid from TD for the team in the seventh instalment, he was bloody awful!

Craftsman
    More of a clever save, than a clever plan. From 4 onwards the timeline was skewed and a TD character was incorporated who had died in the previous film.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonmurgie View Post
    ^^^ Spoiler Alert for anyone who's not seen it yet!! May want to edit that last sentence out

I enjoyed it for what it was, the last action sequence was good but seriously...

LOL! :D

Enjoyable action flic to bring the kids to though :)

For anyone who hasn't seen it yet. Hope you don't read the spoilers. Just make sure you stay to the end of the credits for a twist in the tale.

I actually thought it was a good film and enjoyed it. You know what to expect when you go to see something like this. With that being said I think it lived up to that expectation.

SPOILER******************
    I didn't really think about the length of the runway but when you think about it, it would have to have been pretty long. Aye. Lol.
    SPOILER*******************
    Last edited by Thorien; 1st June 2013 at 17:05.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by will852 View Post
    I loved it!

I've grown up with the fast and the furious films, and this latest one is even more ridiculous and over the top than all the others.

For me though, that's what makes it brilliant, when taken with a pinch of salt.

Also, anyone spot what Brians watch was? It looked like a speedy but the logo didn't look like an Omega logo to me.
    Yeah I couldn't stop thinking how long the runway must be lol but what a great film! I also love these films... Just like kids used to grow up watching Star Wars in the previous generation to mine, this is what I've grown up with. I started driving at a similar time to the first movie and remember loving the noise that Mitsubishi made at the beginning of the first film... My Metro just wasn't the same :-D

The watch... A JLC Deep Sea of some sort I thought...

http://collection.jaeger-lecoultre.c...cermet/208A570