closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breguet & Patek stolen

Breguet & Patek stolen

My sister and her husband have had a couple of watches stolen so would appreciate any nods if anyone see either of these up for sale.

The Breguet is a 5707 Le Reveil du Tsar, serial number 1716.

The Patek is a ladies Aquanaut, details to follow.

Not sure where they could offload the Breguet but I'm looking at the usual places.

Malc

Oh no, that's terrible.

The Le Reveil du Tsar is a an amazing piece.

I hope they tun up. That Breguet isn't going to be easy to shift.

This might be the quickest lost and found link!!

The Breguet has turned up, apparently the cleaner has coughed to nicking it and it has now been returned, stinking of smoke.

At the minute, she's denying the Patek, and also the wedding ring that went as well.

My sister is now just off to buy another thumbscrew to replace the one she broke getting this confession.

Malc

Another update.

My sister and her hubby went to see the police last week. Interviewed separately in different rooms at the same time to make sure their stories were the same, and they're the victims!!

In the end, the following day they went to arrest the cleaner in question. Her story was she found the watch in a bin, put it on eBay for £3k and when she realised how much it was really worth she returned it. Denying the Patek or rings are anything to do with her. And the police believe her!! Fantastic.

Anyway, numbers for the ladies Patek aquanaut are 3623585/4378631. If anyone sees or hears anything, would appreciate a nod.

Malc

Banned
    Sounds like the police are on the ball as usual,I bet they think its an insurance job.
    I expect the cleaner will get a warning and go free.

Oh my God, that is shocking. Another reason I can use to convince her indoors that we don't need a cleaner!

Craftsman
    Wow, do you sister and her husband regularly throw £3k items into the bin, so that this wouldn't be too "hot" for the cleaner to move on? But £30k is? The police believed that? Just ridiculous!

Regards,
    Al

Master
    What an odd tale for the cleaner to weave. I hope the other items (and any others that are discovered as missing) turn up.

Master
    While it's all too easy to blame the police for their seemingly lack of interest, what can they do?
    The cleaner has returned the Breguet, and there's no actual evidence she pocketed the wife's watch and her ring.
    I'm trying hard to be sympathetic to the couple, but I'm struggling in all honesty due to their seemingly nonchalant attitude towards leaving this sort of money's worth just lying around!
    No hidden cameras, no safe - sorry but if you can afford the trappings of wealth that they obviously can and have, then they can afford to bother their arses to look after it properly.
    As it seems they couldn't, then it's no great surprise to learn someone they trusted has tried to take advantage of them.
    That's not to say they deserve what's happened, only just a stark reminder of being too trusting of a lowly paid hired help, and putting temptation in her way.
    Last edited by PJ S; 4th June 2013 at 22:38.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    While it's all too easy to blame the police for their seemingly lack of interest, what can they do?
    The cleaner has returned the Breguet, and there's no actual evidence she pocketed the wife's watch and her ring.
    I'm trying hard to be sympathetic to the couple, but I'm struggling in all honesty due to their seemingly nonchalant attitude towards leaving this sort of money's worth just lying around!
    No hidden cameras, no safe - sorry but if you can afford the trappings of wealth that they obviously can and have, then they can afford to bother their arses to look after it properly.
    As it seems they couldn't, then it's no great surprise to learn someone they trusted has tried to take advantage of them.
    That's not to say they deserve what's happened, only just a stark reminder of being too trusting of a lowly paid hired help, and putting temptation in her way.

Seriously?

You sound like Kathleen Passidomo: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/03/1...ged-gang-rape/

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Seriously?

You sound like Kathleen Passidomo: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/03/1...ged-gang-rape/
    Thanks for comparing me to someone who thinks a child is to blame herself, for being gang-raped (allegedly).

So the loss of some material possessions through being lackadaisical is directly comparable to the unwanted invasion of one's body, is it?

Sorry, not going to rise to the bait and take the thread off topic by arguing with a fool - as the phrase goes "he'll only beat you with his experience".

Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    Thanks for comparing me to someone who thinks a child is to blame herself, for being gang-raped (allegedly).

So the loss of some material possessions through being lackadaisical is directly comparable to the unwanted invasion of one's body, is it?

Sorry, not going to rise to the bait and take the thread off topic by arguing with a fool - as the phrase goes "he'll only beat you with his experience".

I am not saying that theft is comparable to rape, and you know that. What pisses me off is the "they had it coming" attitude one hears so often.

I wonder if we have met in one of your earlier lifes?

Just come back to this.

Just to clarify, the items in question weren't "just left lying around". Granted, they weren't in a safe but they were put away somewhere that should have been safe.

Cleaner has got away with it and will presumably do it again at some point.

Malc