closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Planet Ocean

Planet Ocean

This is my newest arrival.

It is an old (2006) Planet ocean with the 2500 movement and i really like it!

I really wanted to have an Omega, this is my first, but the ubiquitous seamaster pro is too small for my arm. once i decided on the PO i decided that i wanted the orange as all of my watches bar one are black so this would stand out a bit (believe me, in the flesh that strap properly stands out!!). It came with a nearly new 2 year guarantee, post service, with all of the boxes and receipts and cards and what-not including the returned parts which had been replaced during the service.

it is a bit orange and at first i started the immediate search for a replacement strap and although i have ordered a fairly cheap black leather with orange stitches the orange has really grown on me already.

Have any other PO owners done some strap experimenting?
    Last edited by sheepsteeth; 18th May 2013 at 11:45.

Brave colour combo dude. I like it!

Craftsman
    I tried it on the black rubber dive strap but quickly decided it has to be the bracelet for me. Nice choice of watch by the way......orange PO is the quintessential PO for me....not sure I'd be brave enough for that strap though

- - - Updated - - -

I tried it on the black rubber dive strap but quickly decided it has to be the bracelet for me. Nice choice of watch by the way......orange PO is the quintessential PO for me....not sure I'd be brave enough for that strap though

Looks really good for a 2006.Like the orange.This one is slightly toned down on a black strap with orange piping

Enjoy !

regards
    T

May have to get another PO at some point. The orange is very "in your face" with that strap, but it does compliment the watch perfectly.

Blog Entries
    Omega mesh was my favourite combination.

A lot of different combos with Planet Ocean. One more pertinent to thi thread:

Last edited by RAJEN; 18th May 2013 at 13:36.

thanks for the pictures folks.

i like it on the mesh, it looks very nice.

the strap i have bought is a black leather with orange stitches so its good to see it will look good in that guise. not sure i want to shell out for an OEM one though, blimey, i thought breitling straps were expensive!

Blog Entries
    Mine loves to show its face, and new friend, great combo especially in the sunshine

Master
    They are lovely watches and pound for pound these are amazing value for money.

Journeyman
    Nice watch, the strap is a bit to "in your face" for my liking. I do really like the black leather strap with orange stitching.

Can't beat the bracelet in my opinion...

Blog Entries
    Lovely bits of kit and no doubt an orange will arrive one day.

Enjoy

Pitch

where the girls are pretty and the watches tickin´
    Love my 2500c from 2007 with the original bracelet - never used a smarter one! The best daily rocker I had!

Apprentice

New style rubber strap

Hi all, new to TZ and loving it already. I've owned an orange bezel PO for some years now and have the ss bracelet and the black leather strap with orange stitching. As a default setting I wear the bracelet as my watch is used at work. However I have occasionally worn it with the leather strap. It looks great with the leather strap but I was always quite annoyed at the gap between the pin end of the strap and the case. That was however until Omega produced a waterproof leather strap in black with orange stitching which fitted snuggly against the case.

I duly ran exitedly, like a little boy, straight to my nearest Omega stockist to order one, and then promptly ran straight back out again!

The very nice young lady behind the counter informed me that the strap was sold as a two-piece. The strap itself, and the buckle seperately. 'No drama' I thought, 'I never used my leather strap that much, I'll use the buckle from that'

'Ok' she said to me, 'The price for just the strap on it's own is.........' Wait for it folks, £300! Had I needed the buckle add another £250! Grand Total £550! for a strap!!!!

Needles to say, my PO has remained on the bracelet :)

Think I need a PO at some point soon. Love the orange and similarly love the black. Already have a black and an orange watch. I could choose the blue PO. Too many choices!

Anyway hope you enjoy it.

Grand Master
    They are a very under-rated piece, always had alot of pleasure from the numerous ones Ive had and the build quality now is better than ever
    RIAC

An orange PO is probably the one watch that's missing (that I can just about afford) from my current slimmed down collection. Keep thinking about getting one on the rubber but the bracelet is so good and so expensive to add on later if I change my mind.

They are fantastic, I love mine but haven't found a strap I like more than the bracelet yet

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369512670.001447.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by sheepsteeth View Post
    Well done, pretty much perfect im looking for the same thing myself.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by catflap View Post
    An orange PO is probably the one watch that's missing (that I can just about afford) from my current slimmed down collection. Keep thinking about getting one on the rubber but the bracelet is so good and so expensive to add on later if I change my mind.
    For me the orange PO looks miles better on the bracelet..... I swapped over to the diver last week and changed it straight back again.

Orang PO....the one watch I would not flip......don't wear it as much as some, but wouldn't sell either

Master
    I have both the bracelet and the rubber, tend to use the rubber when at work, makes the watch look more purposeful IMO. Then on days off, holidays etc swap back to bracelet.
    The ultimate combo for me I think would be the mesh with seatbelt clasp as photographed above.
    Absolutely love the mesh bracelets, loved it on my PP.

Forgot to add if anyone is selling one at a very reasonable price then please let me know :)
    Last edited by sniper-sam; 26th May 2013 at 10:38.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper-sam View Post
    I have both the bracelet and the rubber, tend to use the rubber when at work, makes the watch look more purposeful IMO. Then on days off, holidays etc swap back to bracelet.
    The ultimate combo for me I think would be the mesh with seatbelt clasp as photographed above.
    Absolutely love the mesh bracelets, loved it on my PP.

Forgot to add if anyone is selling one at a very reasonable price then please let me know :)
    This was my favourite combo out of all the PO varieties.

Master
    ^^you are pure evil^^

Sell me your mesh, NOW! Please

well, it is a sunny sunday so the PO is back on in all it's bright orange glory.

I have just put a WTB out for an Omega rubber strap so if anyone has one, please let me know if you want to sell.

Craftsman
    I first fell in love with my PO XL on bracelet, and that heavy quality feeling was the only way for me for a long time. Then, after a few months, I tried it on a NATO strap, and the bracelet was put back in the watch box for good. Yes, it looks really good on bracelet, and that weighty feel of real quality feels amazing, but I just absolutely love it on NATO, and even a bit more on leather. A really beautiful watch I sadly just had to put up for sale, but new adventures awaits!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper-sam View Post
    ^^you are pure evil^^

Sell me your mesh, NOW! Please

Sorry..PO and mesh sold :)

It is a great combo.

Quote Originally Posted by MFB Scotland;27

[URL=http://s1226.photobucket.com/user/mfbscotland/media/DSC01698.jpg.html
    [/URL]
    Love it.

Wheres the mesh from and how much? Thinking of one for my Omega Planet Ocean.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    Love it.

Omega mesh which can be bought from Cousins in the UK.

They occasionally appear on SC

Master
    I love the rubber strap on the PO. The combination of the orange stitches and the orange digits is the best imho.

Btw, this rubber strap and folding clasp is one of the comfiest I've ever had!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    Love it.

I'd like to try it on my seamaster

Nice - but I'd change to the fitted black rubberised leather strap. The orange is far too much for me. I like the plainer styles as well - but went for the orange bezel in the end, as I too have lots of black watches and wanted something a little different.
    It's just a matter of time...

quick update:

i fitted a black rubber to it and it makes for a nice change of appearance. Only disappointment is that i bought it cheaply from abroad and although it looks right when worn, it is clearly a fake when not on the wrist.

i should have known when paying such a low price. mind you it looks good but it is annoying to know it is a rip off.

Quote Originally Posted by famyklebust View Post
    I first fell in love with my PO XL on bracelet, and that heavy quality feeling was the only way for me for a long time. Then, after a few months, I tried it on a NATO strap, and the bracelet was put back in the watch box for good. Yes, it looks really good on bracelet, and that weighty feel of real quality feels amazing, but I just absolutely love it on NATO, and even a bit more on leather. A really beautiful watch I sadly just had to put up for sale, but new adventures awaits!
    I had a large style PO now long gone, I thought the bracelet was very well made and substantial - but too heavy to be comfortable. I wore mine on the fitted rubber mostly but never really fell in love with it so it went fairly soon after it arrived.

Craftsman
    This is my newest arrival.

It is an old (2006) Planet ocean with the 2500 movement and i really like it!

I really wanted to have an Omega, this is my first, but the ubiquitous seamaster pro is too small for my arm. once i decided on the PO i decided that i wanted the orange as all of my watches bar one are black so this would stand out a bit (believe me, in the flesh that strap properly stands out!!). It came with a nearly new 2 year guarantee, post service, with all of the boxes and receipts and cards and what-not including the returned parts which had been replaced during the service.

it is a bit orange and at first i started the immediate search for a replacement strap and although i have ordered a fairly cheap black leather with orange stitches the orange has really grown on me already.

Have any other PO owners done some strap experimenting?

It's a lovely watch and I just bought a like new one from Alan on SC, it'll be shipped down to me on Thursday. Can't wait.

It comes with a black and orange strap so I can switch between them as needed. But I really want to wear it on the Orange initially.

Journeyman
    Love my PO. The only watch i own so far but am very happy with it

Journeyman
    Hopefully it works OK in spite of the quality, but have to say it's fine looking on your P.O. Another watch on my list.

quick update:

i fitted a black rubber to it and it makes for a nice change of appearance. Only disappointment is that i bought it cheaply from abroad and although it looks right when worn, it is clearly a fake when not on the wrist.

i should have known when paying such a low price. mind you it looks good but it is annoying to know it is a rip off.

Journeyman

PO on mesh rocks. Great inspiration!

Quote Originally Posted by MFB Scotland View Post
    This was my favourite combo out of all the PO varieties.

Master
    Lovely watch, is it 42 or 45mm?

Master
    mine is a 45mm
    Nice - I've had 5 so far but the later ones never sat right on my wrist; I think they must have changed the case but not sure - someone will be though!

Master
    I tried the orage thing.....a change for summer.

Journeyman
    Man i need a better camera!
    Last edited by Downsie; 7th August 2013 at 20:06.

Currently on a dark brown OEM alligator.
    I tend to think the PO looks better in the shade than in the sun.

Enjoying mine on BC rubber

Great watch and colour combo. I m considering buying one now!

Craftsman
    Excellent watch!

Master
    Got mine on rubber now, massive weight reduction and extremely comfortable
    Attached Images Attached Images

Journeyman
    Have tried it on Omega mesh, Omega dive rubber strap and black nato. IMHO it looks really good on all of these alternatives but still, the original bracelet is so much better than all of them. I wouldn't buy one without the bracelet, and if I did, I would head over to cousinsuk or ofrei and order one asap!

Just my 5 cents.

I have a 2500D and wear either the bracelet or black NATO, I did have the rubber when I bought the watch but sold it and have wanted another since