closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Modd it or toss it? 5M62 Kinetic

Modd it or toss it? 5M62 Kinetic

Hi all, some advice needed please!

A few months ago I bought a 5M62-0A10 Kinetic without realising what it was. The pictures were terrible (even worse than mine ;-)), the crown guards didn't make sense and it was described as an auto. A tenner or two later it arrived and I realised what it was. So I guess it's modding time!

I don't like the
    • movement
    • bezel
    • the silly pusher that does odd things with the seconds hand

I've searched the forum and found a few threads, but unfortunately not the answers I need ... Does anybody know the size of the movement, crystal, dial, hands etc? And how to plug the hole in the case once the pusher is gone?
    So, is there anybody who could help me out before I grab a caliper and strip this poor poor bugger to pieces? Any advice or suggestion would be great!

edit: when I say I don't like the bezel, I mean the bezel itself - its sheer height make it look like a cookie jar - the insert is pretty OK!
    Last edited by bork; 17th May 2013 at 09:09. Reason: added pic

Journeyman
    So....there is a long list about what you do not like on your watch....what is it you like on your watch :-)

What kind if movement where you tinking to replace the kinetic with?

Blog Entries
    If you are that unimpressed you may as well sell it & start from scratch.

If you decide to keep the Kinetic movement, then there are some parts that are interchangeable to change the look.

Check out Rob's site at monsterwatches.nl for some ideas.

z

Sorry, it's been pretty hectic for the last few days, and will be for some time. I planned to strip it down and measure the parts this week, even got a PM from a forum member suggesting some interesting ideas ... but then the sh*t hit the fan.

And thank you Z for the link. I remember you posting on this topic before, but I think the photo links in that thread were dead.

And don't get me wrong! I do like the project this has turned into. It will be great fun, once I get the time. And in my book three bullet points don't make a long list! I do have a little stash of different Seiko auto movements. Maybe I'll find one that fits. At a glance the challenge might rather be the movement holder. Quite a lot of space inside, I havent checked the height yet though .

Thank you guys, I'll post as soon I get any wiser ...
    Last edited by bork; 28th May 2013 at 09:45. Reason: speling erorrs