closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling Aerospace Superquartz E79362 and E75362 Comparison

Breitling Aerospace Superquartz E79362 and E75362 Comparison

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

Notenoughwrists asked for my thoughts on both, so i thought i'd post some quick comparison pic's to this thread.

They should help give anyone looking for a Superquartz version, an idea of how the new E79362 and the slightly older E75362 compare.

Right away the larger 42mm feels better quality, its got more substance to it and feels like a high end watch.

The case is noticably thicker, the lugs more chunkier, the Crown which is a lot fatter and protrudes more than the last model, makes using it childs play now.

The older model i was forever spinning the bezel a few clicks either way to get enough room to grab hold of the Crown, no issues now though.

The four bezel indices are now part of the bezel, rather than being screwed on and the bezel screws are now flush.

I prefer 22mm when it comes to a Bracelet and the Pro2 Bracelet suits the new Aerospace, the Pro1 was always getting marked due to the middle links being exposed.

The 1 inch Dive suit extension present on the Pro1 is not present on the Pro2, no idea why, not sure if thats the case with the 20mm as well.

Both models use essentially the same movement, the difference in the newer B79 to the B75 is that a Backlight has been added.

Case back on the newer 42mm model is screwed down, not in the conventional way, but instead by six screws, not sure if it adds anything practical to the tightness/water resistance of the case back, but psychologically 6 screws are more secure than a snap off back.

No more lumed numerals on the newer 42mm, only the indices are lumed as the numerals are now shiny stainless steel,

The backlight function which has been added is cool, at first i expected it to work with the push of the Crown, but it only lights up if your spinning the Crown through the functions.

On the whole the 42mm for me is much nicer, still lightweight, but looks and feels like a £3000 watch now.

I've always been a fan of the Aerospace, and it's certainly come on leaps and bounds since it's beginning (The original above).

The older models seem to improve with age, and the newer models just keep getting better.

Re: Breitling Aerospace Superquartz E79362 and E75362 Comparison

That's helpful - thanks. Didn't realise the watch had been changed so much.
    Steve

Quick questions ...

Is the backlight only present in the new one ?

And is the 'minute repeater' present in both ? Any difference in tones and intensity of sound ?

Is the alarm any different ?

Re: Quick questions ...

Quote Originally Posted by Catalin
    Is the backlight only present in the new one ?

And is the 'minute repeater' present in both ? Any difference in tones and intensity of sound ?

Is the alarm any different ?
    Good points.......

The backlight is only on the new 42mm version, but the repeating minutes are on both, all the tones and the volume of the tones are exactly the same.

I'm not too technical in my approach, so if anyone would like to add anything, please do :P

Having just bought a new Aerospace i agree totally with Michael, it now feels like a substantial high end watch although still light the size adds a lot to the overall feel of the watch.

Banned

Michael, you have said it, so please don't take it the wrong way, but on this very rare occasion your photo's are pants :shock:

I'm really interested in this comparison and appreciate Hobsong and Nev have also recently took delivery and I am never negative on new arrival threads.

However, I'm undecided on the polished lettering (as opposed to lume). The size aspect is a welcome improvement, as no doubt is the backlight.

I woul say the old configuration, although a favourite of mine, is a bit old hat, so I expect to like it a lot.

I'm one of the many that do buy watches from photographs without ever trying them on. Yes, some I flip as I don't like them, but in the majority I make the right choices.

Can we have a few more shots if you get time please?

By my own admission, they are pant's, but the whole point was to answer a PM.

Promise to try harder :drunken: , have to wait on some decent light though, a rare occurrence in this part of Scotland :roll:

Watch this space

Nice quick comparison, Michael.
    Predictably, I prefer the newer, larger model :wink:

A few weeks ago, WOS in Glasgow were selling a few Breitlings at sale prices, they offered the watch below with the UTC module for £2100 iirc, while it looked good, I passed, there was a deal on offer for someone as this was around half price.

http://www.chrono24.com/en/breitling/ae ... 1&tab=pics

Also, the Aerospace model can be a little confusing, with name and model changes, see the link below for help with this.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f39/breitl ... ng-73.html

That link is for the 'Avantage', it's the initial release of the new shape, they produced them in 2005-2006.

They say 'Chronometre Certifie' on the dial. (A common occurrence when Breitling change case sizes)

They generally do pop up for a lot less than the newer 'Chronometre Aerospace' models which the one in the comparison is (The one pictured above is the 2009 version).

Quote Originally Posted by kiki-picasso
    That link is for the 'Avantage', it's the initial release of the new shape, they produced them in 2005-2006.

The say 'Chronometre Certifie' on the dial. (A common occurrence when Breitling change case sizes)

They generally do pop up for a lot less than the newer 'Chronometre Aerospace' models which the one in the comparison is.
    I could not say for certain what was written on the dial, but it was the new 42mm watch with the UTC module, it look good, but I did not have £2100 to spend on it at the time.

Sounds like a bargain though 8)

I want the new one!!!

My sincere thanks. I really appreciate the review, and was only expecting a "Yep, the new one's great" when I asked for an opinion on the two watches!

Right - off to find the credit card and a friendly AD!

Some better pic's posted, enjoy

Banned

Some better pic's posted, enjoy

You bet :shock:

That takes any doubts from my mind of the polished numerals. Everything about the new version works for me, twice over!

Great acquisition Michael.

Nice review mate, i love the new one 8) :drunken:

Superb photos - Deal clincher for me!
    I see from their website that the 2010 model has lost the 24hr numerals around the dial, and now has 1 to 12 insted, plus that lined detail in the centre. Doesn't look as good IMO - Yours Michael (Black face 2009 model - E79362 10 I think?) is the pinnacle. I hope the ADs are still stocking it....

Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66
    ........ Everything about the new version works for me, twice over!

+1

john
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists
    I see from their website that the 2010 model has lost the 24hr numerals around the dial, and now has 1 to 12 insted, plus that lined detail in the centre. Doesn't look as good IMO - Yours Michael (Black face 2009 model - E79362 10 I think?) is the pinnacle. I hope the ADs are still stocking it....
    I'd take the 40mm over the 42mm, unless it's the early 05/06 "Avantage", as was, with the unadorned dial. The one with the pinstripe looks badly overdesigned and fiddled with for the sake of it, like they just couldn't :stop:.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Quote Originally Posted by andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists
    I'd take the 40mm over the 42mm, unless it's the early 05/06 "Avantage", as was, with the unadorned dial. The one with the pinstripe looks badly overdesigned and fiddled with for the sake of it, like they just couldn't :stop:.
    Yup. The New New one (2010 catalogue) with the stripes has taken a step backward IMO. I want the one Kiki has. That exact one! I'm trying all the world's ADs at the moment. Think I've found one in Newcastle but it may be the transition "Chronometre Certifie" written one though. Damn, I'm a picky bugger!

I've decided to flip my 42mm in the pics and go back to the 40mm (Thanks Nev for completely confusing me) :drunken:

I'll be putting it on the SC tomorrow once i've taken some more detailed pics in the morning,

Heads up....If your looking for one, keep an eye out, as it will be the cheapest one ever, by a country mile 8)

Master

I've decided to flip my 42mm in the pics and go back to the 40mm (Thanks Nev for completely confusing me) :drunken:

I'll be putting it on the SC tomorrow once i've taken some more detailed pics in the morning,

Heads up....If your looking for one, keep an eye out, as it will be the cheapest one ever, by a country mile 8)

DONT DO IT!!!!!!!

The 42mm version, although not quite as comfortable on the Pro 2 over the Pro 1, is really spot on. I'm not sure there is another watch that offers so much in a package that can do all the aero does but looks right with jeans or a suit, the latter helped by the polished numerals. I really do think the 42mm could work as a one watch solution.......................................... ...if there was such a thing :D :D

Great post... and grrrrrreat photos! :thumbright:

-flugzeit

Banned

Must admit, although I like the new Aero with a passion, I think Breitling could have updated the things they have and retained the size at 40mm. Or created two sizes, as I think both would have sold well.

The old size remains the one for me, albeit though with the new styling. No pleasing some folk :roll:

Blog Entries

Great comparison and pics to match!

Thanks for posting.

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

I haven't held the 40mm for a comparison, but I've never bought a watch and been so absolutely comfortable the moment i put it on. I don't usually sleep with a watch on, but have kept this one on for 5 days straight now, day and night!
    I seriously don't see me visiting SC again (or for at least 2 months... :roll: ). I really think this watch does it all and I could almost retire from the "game" with this one....

...selling my e79362 blue face titaniun bracelet
    Not on here, you won't. ;-)

(Nor in the Sales Corner until you've met the criteria).

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.