closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A pair of Seamasters

A pair of Seamasters

A bit like busses, you wait ages and ages and two turn up at once.

A 2013 dated 41mm Co Axial, in Black. And, a 2008 dated 41mm Auto (pre Co Axial), in Blue.

Sadly I can only keep one, so one has to go, just can't decide which...
    Last edited by martyn3000; 21st May 2013 at 23:27.

Journeyman
    It doesn't matter, both are lovely.

A similar thread was posted her recently that ended in disaster

Hopefully this wont end the same way and I would keep the black Co-Axial and sell the blue Chronometer. Why ?

I personally favour the black SMP with the Co-Axial movement.But its your choice at the end of the day and this is just my very honest opinion.Both are lovely watches

regards
    T

Master
    Blog Entries
    IMO, Seamasters should be blue. Bin the black one :)

Grand Master
    Much prefer the black

Paul

It's a tough one. I've always swayed towards black watches, but after wearing the blue one for a few days I've actually warmed to it more than I thought I would, hence this post.

I ran a poll here over a year a go with a simple question.Is the best black or blue ? To be honest at the end of it there was nothing in it

It was based on the quartz and mainly color originated not movement based.The Co-axial would give you a better return as its newer and has a better movement if that's what your after .

Has to be your choice.Black has the Co-Axial.Blue is the Chronometer which is also a highly rated movement but its age would hinder price slightly.

Your choice is

A. Do you prefer black or blue ?
    B. Is it a financial do or die in which case the black will give you more money back as the blue although lovely is older without the Co-Axial movement

regards
    Tony

I have had the blue three times lol. Just bought a black SMP and love it. My choice would be the black.

Now they've moved onto ceramic bezels, I think the newer versions, in both black and blue, are better looking.

Journeyman
    It's a very difficult choice but I thing the black with co axial movement should stay

Craftsman
    I prefer the blue....even though I sold it......if you decide to sell yours, give me a shout

Good luck
    Jim

I'd keep the black with the co-axial movement. Sell on the blue.

If you change your mind and end up really missing the blue, you'll be able to sell the black more easily then you sold the blue for and use those funds to buy another blue. Hope that makes sense. It does in my head at least.

Master
    The black is worth more than the blue. If you need more cash, sell the black and keep the blue. Otherwise, keep the black Co-Ax. It's a little more unusual as it was only made for a few years. I don't wear mine as much as I used to, but I wouldn't part with it.