closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 650 of 1232

Thread: The Breitling Appreciation Thread

  1. #601
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    1,438
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Yellow is sold out in UK. I tried the black face on but it wasn't different enough to the advantage I already own....
    Went in to town today, tried it on, couldn't resist! Will post an incoming with pictures later!

  2. #602
    After some time out away from watches I picked this up today. Very happy with it although it'll take some getting used to the weight!


  3. #603
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Lancashire, UK
    Posts
    2,922

  4. #604
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    93


    My Top Time currently away being repaired as the crown pulled right out recently!

  5. #605
    My superocean 42 on ocean racer 3. Wears great, running within 1 sec/day and is nice and colourful.





    Last edited by nr73; 14th November 2015 at 22:54.

  6. #606
    Master Neilw3030's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Exeter, Devon, UK
    Posts
    3,727
    Quote Originally Posted by nr73 View Post
    My superocean 42 on ocean racer 3. Wears great, running within 1 sec/day and is nice and colourful.





    Oooer missus, that is so nice. I've got a bit of a love thing for a bit of yellow

  7. #607
    Journeyman TomDavoren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    204
    I've had my colt GMT on the bracelet for a while. Back on the rubber now, like a diver should be, feels proper :)


  8. #608
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Yellow is sold out in UK. I tried the black face on but it wasn't different enough to the advantage I already own....
    Just to correct my previous comment there are still over 40 yellow still available according to the boutique in Manchester today.

  9. #609
    Craftsman RyanBK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    275
    This was my first Breitling. This was also the watch that made me catch the watch bug

  10. #610
    Craftsman RyanBK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    275
    Here's my second breitling. An all black navitimer ref 806.

  11. #611
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Geneva
    Posts
    316
    Here's my first ever Breitling... simply love it..IMG_9895.jpg

  12. #612
    Master mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,155
    Here, let me fix that for you, Highroller...



    Nice watch :)

    Simon

  13. #613
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Geneva
    Posts
    316
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    Here, let me fix that for you, Highroller...



    Nice watch :)

    Simon
    Gentleman, Simon. Thank you.
    (I'll crack how to post photos one day!)

  14. #614
    Out of all the Breitlings I've owned I think I miss this one the most.


  15. #615
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Woolwich, England
    Posts
    1,168
    i bought this bracelet the other day and it feels like money well spent. not cheap but a lot less money direct from Breitling than some sellers seem to be asking for elsewhere:



    I would advise anyone looking bracelets, straps or in partiular the rubber inserts: go direct to breitling, ebay is well pricey by comparison. the rubber inserts are only 50 quid direct from breitling but they are regularly offered for double that elsewhere!

  16. #616
    I had a serious case of Flipperitis when I passed this on for a silly price!




    It's probably the least popular dial colour but if I were to have another SuperOcean Heritage it would defiantly be the copper colour.

  17. #617
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    West Brom
    Posts
    393
    SA on its calf strap and Transocean Unitime Pilot.


  18. #618
    Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    I would advise anyone looking bracelets, straps or in partiular the rubber inserts: go direct to breitling, ebay is well pricey by comparison. the rubber inserts are only 50 quid direct from breitling but they are regularly offered for double that elsewhere!

    Rubber inserts?

  19. #619
    Master RossC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Scottish Highlands
    Posts
    2,706
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Rubber inserts?
    He means the rubber strap sections that fit in to the ocean racer deployant clasp, as opposed to the tang buckle strap.

  20. #620
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,614
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    I had a serious case of Flipperitis when I passed this on for a silly price!




    It's probably the least popular dial colour but if I were to have another SuperOcean Heritage it would defiantly be the copper colour.
    Very nice!

  21. #621
    Master RossC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Scottish Highlands
    Posts
    2,706
    Dearly departed 43mm Navi 01. Classic, iconic look, and what it always deserved, an in-house movement.




  22. #622
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,763
    Quote Originally Posted by RossC View Post
    Dearly departed 43mm Navi 01.
    What a shame you didn't man up and get the 46mm version






  23. #623
    Master RossC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Scottish Highlands
    Posts
    2,706
    Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    What a shame you didn't man up and get the 46mm version
    Simply too manly for me, Adrian. Although, it's nice to see you modelled it on your girlfriends wrist in the last shot. Definitely too big for a women's wrist.

  24. #624
    Master RossC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Scottish Highlands
    Posts
    2,706

    Seawolf time...

    A few of my past A17330/A17331 examples. Grey Arabic, Black Baton, Custard, and the later, Mustard:
















  25. #625
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,732
    On my wrist today and looking immense ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by RossC View Post
    Dearly departed 43mm Navi 01. Classic, iconic look, and what it always deserved, an in-house movement.




  26. #626
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    ITA
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    i bought this bracelet the other day and it feels like money well spent. not cheap but a lot less money direct from Breitling than some sellers seem to be asking for elsewhere:



    I would advise anyone looking bracelets, straps or in partiular the rubber inserts: go direct to breitling, ebay is well pricey by comparison. the rubber inserts are only 50 quid direct from breitling but they are regularly offered for double that elsewhere!
    I have the 42 non chrono currently on leather strap and wondering if I should go for the bracelet... May you share your thoughts about?

  27. #627
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Staffodshire, England
    Posts
    30
    Thought I'd add my SOH 44 Chrono to the appreciation party Just love the green bezel.

  28. #628
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    ITA
    Posts
    325
    Beautiful!
    Are you going to sell the bracelet? :)

  29. #629
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,763
    Quote Originally Posted by RossC View Post
    Simply too manly for me, Adrian. Although, it's nice to see you modelled it on your girlfriends wrist in the last shot. Definitely too big for a women's wrist.
    Haha very good, you win!

  30. #630
    Master mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,155
    @ ach5...

    Guess what I've just bought, Adrian :)

    Simon

  31. #631
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,763
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    @ ach5...

    Guess what I've just bought, Adrian :)

    Simon
    Too many options, but it'd be nice to see another 46mm Navitimer!

  32. #632
    Master mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,155
    Brand new 46mm Navitimer World, mate. Blue dial, blue leather strap. Manly enough for you?!

    It's due to arrive on my doorstep tomorrow courtesy of DHL - the suspense is killing me.

    Simon

  33. #633
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Woolwich, England
    Posts
    1,168
    Quote Originally Posted by rik_68 View Post
    I have the 42 non chrono currently on leather strap and wondering if I should go for the bracelet... May you share your thoughts about?
    i really like it.

    it is obviously very good looking and suits the watch perfectly but i like the feel. it contours your wrist really well so feels very comfortable. i particularly like th added weight.

  34. #634
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,763
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    Brand new 46mm Navitimer World, mate. Blue dial, blue leather strap. Manly enough for you?!

    It's due to arrive on my doorstep tomorrow courtesy of DHL - the suspense is killing me.

    Simon
    Fantastic - I love the World! Did you get it in the sales somewhere? Cant wait to see the photos!

  35. #635
    Master RossC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Scottish Highlands
    Posts
    2,706
    I miss my old Aerospace's. Great titanium use - so light without ever feeling flimsy. My favourite quartz.

    I owned the Black and Grey dial Avantage. Quite fancy an Evo at some point...






  36. #636
    Master mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,155
    I appear to have scored the deal of the century. I'm not going to say any more until it actually appears...

    Simon

  37. #637
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    ITA
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    i really like it.

    it is obviously very good looking and suits the watch perfectly but i like the feel. it contours your wrist really well so feels very comfortable. i particularly like th added weight.
    So it's well balanced. And how is the lack of surrounding end links? The straight tube at the lugs doesn't it give the impression of a generic bracelet, not it's very one?

  38. #638
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Woolwich, England
    Posts
    1,168
    Quote Originally Posted by rik_68 View Post
    So it's well balanced. And how is the lack of surrounding end links? The straight tube at the lugs doesn't it give the impression of a generic bracelet, not it's very one?

    i think it is a good reference to the vintage style divers of the 70's. i think fitted endlinks would look odd in this example.

  39. #639
    Master Gavbaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Rochdale, UK
    Posts
    1,788
    This just in today. My first Aerospace! Not keen on the strap, hopefully find a nice leather option to swap to.


  40. #640
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    This just in today. My first Aerospace! Not keen on the strap, hopefully find a nice leather option to swap to.
    I have the same. I bought it on (tan) leather but was never convinced by the look and feel - the watch head being ti was almost too light so the leather didn't flex around the wrist, and the watch rather 'sat up' - so it ended up on bracelet, which does suit the watch. I'd quite like to try a blue or grey nato (or better still 2-piece quasi-nato) as I think it would suit it. (I wish Eddie's 2-piece nylon on deployant came in 22mm as well as 20.)

  41. #641
    Master Gavbaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Rochdale, UK
    Posts
    1,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom-P View Post
    I have the same. I bought it on (tan) leather but was never convinced by the look and feel - the watch head being ti was almost too light so the leather didn't flex around the wrist, and the watch rather 'sat up' - so it ended up on bracelet, which does suit the watch. I'd quite like to try a blue or grey nato (or better still 2-piece quasi-nato) as I think it would suit it. (I wish Eddie's 2-piece nylon on deployant came in 22mm as well as 20.)
    Thanks Tom.
    Some interesting ponts there.

  42. #642
    Master mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    This just in today. My first Aerospace! Not keen on the strap, hopefully find a nice leather option to swap to.
    From the look of it I assume it's on the Pro II rubber? I'm interested in why you don't like it?

    Simon

  43. #643
    Master mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,155
    Love the white dial Aerospace btw. Looks great...

    Simon

  44. #644
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In bed
    Posts
    6,028
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Yellow is sold out in UK. I tried the black face on but it wasn't different enough to the advantage I already own....
    There is a yellow one in Beeverbrookes Meadowhall Sheffield 4220 with buckle ....nice

  45. #645
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    16
    Please Delete
    Last edited by bonelorry; 13th January 2016 at 09:44.

  46. #646
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Lancashire, UK
    Posts
    2,922
    Still loving the flying fish!

  47. #647
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt68 View Post
    Still loving the flying fish!
    And why wouldn't you?!

    Nice to see after years of white date windows on black dials, some Manufactures are finally sorting this out!

    As ever, much love for this watch Matt. One of the best.

  48. #648
    Master RossC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Scottish Highlands
    Posts
    2,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt68 View Post
    Still loving the flying fish!
    I always regretted selling mine, Matt, hence my recent WTB. The only thing that I would change would be the bezel. Not necessarily the font, as many would say is their biggest criticism of the Buck Rogers style, but maybe if it was busier, or perhaps graduations rather than numerals... I don't really know how I'd change it, which probably indicates there's nothing really wrong with it, but for comparison purposes, I love the Chronomat Airborne's bezel - that works really nicely.






  49. #649
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Lancashire, UK
    Posts
    2,922
    Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    And why wouldn't you?!

    Nice to see after years of white date windows on black dials, some Manufactures are finally sorting this out!

    As ever, much love for this watch Matt. One of the best.
    As I've said in the past, it was your blackbird big date that really tipped the scales and made me go out and buy a Breitling chronograph Adrian, but I had been balancing for some time!

  50. #650
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Lancashire, UK
    Posts
    2,922
    [QUOTE=RossC;3840860]I love the Chronomat Airborne's bezel - that works really nicely.

    It's funny you should say that Ross, as I've thought in the past that the airborne's bezel could be more fitting!

    I think the rider tabs being quite flush compared to earlier chronomat's doesn't help much either!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information