closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Galaxy S3 or Nexus 4

Craftsman

Galaxy S3 or Nexus 4

Bored of the iPhone 4s and I'm hearing the above two are good if not better alternatives

So, which one? Anyone got any experiences of one or the other or both?

Master
    Got an Nexus 4, had an S2.

The nexus 4 is a great phone, does everything very well and the stock android user interface won me over. One of my pet hates with the samsung was the wrapper they use for their phones, a lot of software I didn't use and was very gimmicky feeling. Admittedly I do use a lot of Google apps, so that swayed my experience.

Depends what you need from a phone, and whether you are setup to move away from iOS easily, can be a pain initially transferring musuc etc etc

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynergy View Post
    Bored of the iPhone 4s and I'm hearing the above two are good if not better alternatives

So, which one? Anyone got any experiences of one or the other or both?
    If you are the type of guy who wants the 'latest and greatest' Android version, pure Google experience and wants wireless charging go for Nexus 4.

Any other reason than that go for the Galaxy S3.

(From an iPhone 3G/4/5, Samsung Galaxy S/S2 user upgrading to S4 :D)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Not sure if you are working on a budget but my missus has the htc one and its a great phone but more expensive than what you have listed. Also the galaxy s4 comes out in 2 weeks might be worth waiting as there will probably be more s3's for sale then.

I've had a Nexus 4 for a while now if I had to choose again I'd still go the same route. It's a very well put together piece of kit. The S3 is a great phone but i'm not a big fan of the UI that Samsung like to put over the top of Android.

As the others have said, The S4 will be out soon enough and the HTC One looks brilliant so take your time and play with them all.

Craftsman
    I take it none of you had problems with glass back breaking on google nexus 4? I've read that it has poor battery life (at least compared to S3) and glass back is prone to cracking....

Mines gone about 4 months and doesn't have a mark on it. Time will tell how it holds up in the long run but I think it seems to me that it would be a pretty decent drop onto a hard surface to crack the screen/back.

With normal use I end up charging mine every other night. Seems about average really.
    I turned data off when I was camping and found that it went 3 days easily but that's not something i'd tend to do.