closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rush - The Movie

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    We know James Bond etc are made up but when you get real life characters involved you blur the lines between what is real and imaginary.

People who were not there at the time and have no understanding of what really went on will probably take the film as gospel and in years to come I have no doubt the film will be quoted on the net as a true rendition of the facts simply because real (as opposed to imaginary) characters were involved.
    This. People who are not already in the know will now believe there was animosity between the pair.

Craftsman
    Guys, if you take it too seriously you'll miss out on a very enjoyable film. Your lose, not mine.

Just seen it in the cinema. I'm not an F1 fan, but thought the film was fantastic - great mix of storyline, character, and action. I also have read that Lauda and Hunt were much more friendly than the film suggests. Nevertheless, as a story it's great, and I think it makes heroes of both characters, in different ways. Sound (of cars, and the soundtrack music) was great.

Great film - I really enjoyed it. Race sequences were well done - most of those looked like they were filmed at Cadwell Park.

Craftsman
    And Blackbush.

Quote Originally Posted by bartle View Post
    Great film - I really enjoyed it. Race sequences were well done - most of those looked like they were filmed at Cadwell Park.
    Snetterton and Donny Park were also used.

http://www.thelocationguide.com/blog...racing-tracks/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1979320/...?ref_=tt_dt_dt

Thanks for the links - it was certainly cleverly done and captured the period well.

Quote Originally Posted by bartle View Post
    Thanks for the links - it was certainly cleverly done and captured the period well.

The authenticity was spot on throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    The authenticity was spot on throughout.
    Apart from Hemsworth's haircut!

They've certainly modernised JH's barnet.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Went last night to see it ..... felt like a private showing, only me and my mate there! Film was very well done.. those engine sounds were awesome on the sound system.. great action. Highly recommended viewing

Rod

I took my son to see it last night.

I wasn't expecting a documentary, and I didn't get one. Yes, there were "discrepancies" and it was good to see Cadwell Park in all its' glory.

There were a couple of glaring omissions, such as Hunt beating Lauda at Zandvoort in 1975 in the Hesketh, and the near riot at Brands in 1976 following the first corner crash when the FIA initially wouldn't allow Hunt to take the re-start. Quite why these vital elements of the Hunt v Lauda story weren't included I can't imagine. Especially as the Zandvoort win was Hesketh's only Grand Prix victory.

But as a film which gives a good insight and flavour of life in 1970's Formula 1, and the attitudes of the time, I thought that it was good. I feel that the test of a good film is whether I leave the cinema thinking that I could happily watch it again, and I could easily watch "Rush" again.

Regards

Ian
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this. Hopefully I'll get a chance over the weekend!

Blog Entries

More or less

Listened to the more or less podcast... Lauda states I have 20% chance of dying every time I get in the car during this film... Turns out it was 0.3% (scary enough?)

When Jackie Stewart drove his contemporaries (with a 6+ year career - driving f2 and everything else in addition to f1) had a 50/50 chance of survival

Scary... And glad we're watching a safer event

Ben

Ps.. More or less is a great r4 podcast!

Just returned from our local flea pit after watching it. Defiantly the best film I've seen in a long while and I had a tear in my eye at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    I feel that the test of a good film is whether I leave the cinema thinking that I could happily watch it again, and I could easily watch "Rush" again.
    Regards
    Ian
    I agree Ian and can't wait for the blu-ray to come out.

I've also been waiting for the release of "1" which is a documentary film about Formula 1 in the late 60s and 70s that an old school pal of mine has been working on.

Disappointing film, but then I am a big motor racing fan. Quite a lot of Cadwell Park used by the looks of things. Wish they had focussed more on the racing - the first win with Hesketh etc. the fact the wife enjoyed it more than me spoke volumes.

Craftsman

Question

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    Just returned from our local flea pit after watching it. Defiantly the best film I've seen in a long while and I had a tear in my eye at the end.

I agree Ian and can't wait for the blu-ray to come out.

I've also been waiting for the release of "1" which is a documentary film about Formula 1 in the late 60s and 70s that an old school pal of mine has been working on.
    Any idea when it's out on BR, sounds like a keeper this one?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GregR View Post
    Disappointing film, but then I am a big motor racing fan. Quite a lot of Cadwell Park used by the looks of things. Wish they had focussed more on the racing - the first win with Hesketh etc. the fact the wife enjoyed it more than me spoke volumes.
    You seem too be in quite the minority. Many other big motor racing fans are of a different view it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    There were a couple of glaring omissions, such as Hunt beating Lauda at Zandvoort in 1975 in the Hesketh, and the near riot at Brands in 1976 following the first corner crash when the FIA initially wouldn't allow Hunt to take the re-start.
    Yes agree, I thought they missed a trick there also!!

Shame, but otherwise a great film and enjoyed the Jack Heuer brief talk in the pre-trailer session.

Glad I wore my Montreal :)

ok film.
    Most of the footage of the monza race apart from the parabolica was most definitely inaccurate.

Thought the film was ok with great casting for Lauda and his wife, there was a documentary on the BBC about it recently which I thought was brilliant. They had all the guys who were involved at that time including lauda, definitely worth a watch if it's on iPlayer.

Completely agree about them missing off what happened at Brands Hatch though!
    Last edited by mj234; 13th October 2013 at 01:14.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Guess what I shall be watching tonight?

The blu-ray arrived here today too.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    The blu-ray arrived here today too.

Got to wait for mine to get over from the US......have a Region A PS3 and this disc (and can any UK owners 100% confirm please?) is locked to Region B for it's UK release.......grrr.....

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Got to wait for mine to get over from the US......have a Region A PS3 and this disc (and can any UK owners 100% confirm please?) is locked to Region B for it's UK release.......grrr.....
    The packaging for my blu-RayRay certainly says Region B.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    The packaging for my blu-RayRay certainly says Region B.

Thanks, thought that was the case.

Cheers.

Just downloaded it on my iPad.

Watched this tonight and loved it!

If you haven't seen it . Watch it!!

I was watching it on the train today but paused it as the lady next to me seemed a
    little concerned about the saucy scenes!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alexaff View Post
    Watched this tonight and loved it!

If you haven't seen it . Watch it!!
    Me too, Lovefilm dropped through the door today ++++ for above and great footage in closing scenes.

Have any of the dvd's got a digital copy?

Master
    Another great film I watched way back when .................... and thrashed my Wolseley 1500 all the way home afterwards:-

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...2BB804AC770BE8

Mike

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Can't wait to see this

Apprentice
    Watched it on the flight back from Vegas, superb film.

Really enjoyed the film.
    It's just a matter of time...

Just bought the double disc Blue Ray DVD (limited edition) from Sainsbury @ £12.99.... says it's exclusive to them? Anyway will be sitting down after tea to watch it again

Rod

Thread resurrection - just watching it now, somehow I never got into F1 as anything to do with the sea has always captivated me, but really enjoying the film, okay I accept what those of you with more knowledge say, but seems to capture a moment in time pretty well.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

I’ve watched it I think four times now over the years, and each time enjoy it more.

It’s a character study and period piece done very well, not a historic documentary. The voiceover and cut to Niki at the end is just sublime, and hits me hard now he’s gone.

Daniel Brühl was robbed of awards!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy67 View Post
    Doh, didn't click on link, assumed the band not the Hunt / Lauda film.

Same here, love the band.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    Same here, love the band.
    Clicked on the resurrected link hoping it WASN'T the band

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?