closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orologeria Bodoni, Torino - any dealings ??

Blog Entries

Orologeria Bodoni, Torino - any dealings ??

Hi guys

Looking at a watch (brand new with 2 years Rolex warranty)

Anyone here dealt with them earlier ?

Cheers, Peter

Master
    did you deal with these guys in the end Peter?

Anyone used them yet?

Apprentice
    Hello,

My first post even though I have been reading the forums for a while.
    I am also looking for feedback on Orologeria Bodoni and found this thread when Googling. There is very little information about them and people at the Rolex forums and the German Uhrforum have recently asked the same question but no one has tried them yet.

However I found a post (from April 27, yesterday) on an Italian forum (http://orologi.forumfree.it/?t=65180506) and I understand that the guy just picked up a Datejust in the shop. As expected he confirms that the watch is sourced from another dealer, in his case from Portugal.

What is your opinion about buying from a non-authorised dealer? I am interested in a Speedmaster and as long as the Omega international warranty card is included (as they claim) everything should be ok, right?

Blog Entries
    Still not dealt, and they seem 'cosha' in as much as I made an offer for 2 watches, 1 brand new plus 1 used but they would not budge,
    and charge 110 Eu for safe courier shipping for upto 2 units within the EU.
    They are featured as 'Premier' by the German run chrono24, which I seem recall is based on sales volume, and their website states 110,000Eu share capital.
    Am still checking....
    Also had the identical price for a DJ quoted by a Swiss/H Kong based dealer.....

Apprentice
    They finally replied to my email and say that they are an authorised Omega dealer. However they are not listed by Omega (or any of the other big brands they are selling). Any alarm bells ringing?

The delivery time from Omega is approximately one month for a Speedmaster 3570. Is this normal?

Everything else seems legitimate but I am still a bit hesitant…

Craftsman
    Hi, I've been checking them out too. They seem to be best price for nearly everything. They have a physical store in a nice part of Turin it looks like.

I emailed them about an Omega Seamaster today. I'll see what they reply and continue checking.

Craftsman
    Someone needs to jump on an Easyjet with their credit card...

am in touch with them at the moment, 'out of stock' for the watch I want.
    maybe they don't carry much stock and go and source the watches afterwards? not sure.
    anyway, they tell me the stock will arrive in the next 30 days, and assuming it does I will try them out.
    will post any feedback good or bad....

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by daver777 View Post
    am in touch with them at the moment, 'out of stock' for the watch I want.
    Which watch?

The Omega Speedmaster 3570 (a rather common watch) that I asked about is not in stock and won’t be ordered until I place my order. They want a deposit of 250€ (bank transfer) and full payment when they have received the watch from the supplier. I still haven't made any decision.

Quote Originally Posted by head View Post
    Which watch?

The Omega Speedmaster 3570 (a rather common watch) that I asked about is not in stock and won’t be ordered until I place my order. They want a deposit of 250€ (bank transfer) and full payment when they have received the watch from the supplier. I still haven't made any decision.
    same story - rolex milgauss.

the deposit is fairly small in the grand scheme of things at 250 euros, so not much risk. I guess the risk comes at the point you part with the rest of the money...
    hmm.

deposit sent. lets wait and see!

Good Luck! Hope it works out good for you.
    Look forward to hearing what happens........

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonG156 View Post
    Trouble is they more than likely won't have the stock and you'd still have to pay upfront and then have it delivered at a later date.

Blog Entries
    Just concluded a deal on a new Datejust with Riccardo at Show Commerce SL., also in Torino.

A high street shop with impressive choices new & used.
    Very keen price, paid last week, it arrived by courier yesterday at our place here in Girona, and all is top notch !

Orog. Bodoni took ages to respond to any inquiry and the price was the same, hence....

Saluti, Peter

have a nice receipt for the deposit on the watch.
    next they get the watch 'in stock', which might take a few weeks
    then I guess they photograph it for me and I pay, then they deliver?
    seems professional enough so far, but as said previously they don't respond to emails so quick.
    however, the telephone seems to work a treat?

Any update on this? Thanks.

nothing yet, but they did quote 3 - 4 weeks.
    will post as soon as i hear anything!

morning,
    as promised, here is an update;
    orologeria Bodoni dropped me an invoice for the watch, which I paid straight away via paypal.
    watch is to be shipped today.
    my initial email to them was on the 2nd of may, with the watch shipped on the 29th.
    I paid the deposit on the 9th of may, so I guess the timing is not too bad.
    I will post again when the watch arrives!
    cheers!

Craftsman
    I wa about to order from them as well but did not dare to and I was considering flying down to check out their shop. Still considering flying down. Let us know how it goes! :)

Apprentice
    I also want to know about Show Commerce. Is it safe to order from them?

with reference to orologeria Bodoni;

watch arrived today, properly packaged and boxed, with all correct paperwork in A1 mint condition, and the warranty card dated 2013.

in short, exactly as described, were safe to deal with.

hope this helps someone!

edit -> if anyone wants to contact me about this directly, please feel free.
    Last edited by daver777; 3rd June 2013 at 16:58. Reason: add the contact bit.

Apprentice
    daver777:
    1. Do you ask for photos of the serialnumber of the cert and the watch?
    2. Did you ask for lower price or did you accept the price they show on their website?
    3. How much extra when you paid via paypal?
    4. May I ask how much your watch cost?

Thank you in advance.

ps. ca not send message to you, you have reached the stored private messages quota

Gant;
    Reply sent!

Craftsman
    when the watch ships and enters the Uk - Do you have to pay Tax?

if you do, doesn't it even out the cost form buying locally?

sorry for the noob question but ive never shipped into the UK before.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Shin View Post
    when the watch ships and enters the Uk - Do you have to pay Tax?

if you do, doesn't it even out the cost form buying locally?

sorry for the noob question but ive never shipped into the UK before.
    There shouldn't be any additional tax or duty to pay as you're buying from within the EU.

Blog Entries
    Riccardo at Show Commerce was a man of his word, it was all implemented with no hiccups, and Ferrari SL (Couriers) seemed to know the company well when I phoned them for details of ETA here in Girona(they also have their own office in Madrid to coordinate).
    There are no taxes to pay as all is within 'the lovely area of free trade'.....'
    (He claims he makes a nominal fee on each new sale, but makes it up in volume, when I tried purchase 'the Italian way'...)
    When someone is 100% firm on prices, at least to me, it comes across as 'the real deal' !

I am currently eyeing an 114060 he has in his store....
    Last edited by ingenioren; 5th June 2013 at 08:26.

Apprentice
    I find show commerce interesting, and looking for more info about this store from people who has bought from them. :)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mark996 View Post
    There shouldn't be any additional tax or duty to pay as you're buying from within the EU.
    didnt know that. thanks for the info!

Apprentice

hi,

Quote Originally Posted by ingenioren View Post
    Hi guys

Cheers, Peter

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ingenioren View Post
    Hi guys

Cheers, Peter
    Yes good as gold,but I always go and collect for the cost of a cheap ticket it's piece of mind,and you can always have agood lunch:)

Tony e

Apprentice

bought watch from Bodoni

hi,
    I did buy a watch from Orologeria Bodoni (Turin). A Jaeger LeCoultre Chronograph. they did send me a pre-invoice of 500€ to be paid before they would order. I paid and it took about 2-3 weeks to order the watch.
    I did not have it delivered but took the opportunity to take a Ryan air flight (from Brussels) and visit Turin for 2 days (nice city by the way). The do have a (small) physical shop in the center of Turin. Owner is very friendly.
    I paid the rest of the amount due in cash. The watch was brand new in the box with all papers properly there and filled out.
    The owner (young guy) said that they sell about 20-30 watches per day and make up for their low margin through volume sale and low investment (small shop) + you have to prepay (about 10%) before you order. So, they do not have a store where they keep a stock of watches for sale.

Very happy with my purchase !

hope this helps !

good luck !

Tim

Craftsman
    I was just looking on the Orologeria Bodoni site and it mentioned that all new watches come with manufacturers warranty, however when I checked on the watch makers website, they were not an AD. Anyone know how that works?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by exp- View Post
    I was just looking on the Orologeria Bodoni site and it mentioned that all new watches come with manufacturers warranty, however when I checked on the watch makers website, they were not an AD. Anyone know how that works?

Warranty is activated by the original selling AD, the fact it may then go to or end up with a re-seller doesn't alter the initial warranty, which remains in place.

Journeyman
    I am also looking to buy omega PO brom OROLOGERIABODONI. Anyone else bought from them. Any more experience from older forum members..??

Apprentice
    hi all..im interested in buying from this store a Tag Heuer , but as i checked they arent authorised Tag Heuer retailer.. any1 know if this is risky doing it? has any1 buyed actualy from them and had or didnt had any problem with his watch? pls try help me a bit cause i wouldnt like to spend a decent amount of money for a replica Tag that some1 sells as authentic

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodilis View Post
    I am also looking to buy omega PO brom OROLOGERIABODONI. Anyone else bought from them. Any more experience from older forum members..??
    I recently purchased a Tudor from Bodoni and everything went fine. As mentioned communication is a little slow.

I must have googled them and came across this page dozens of times to reassure myself, so felt I had a duty to sign up and provide some feedback myself.

Master
    I visited them in Jan when in Turin. It was a small shop with little new stock and some used watches.They are a grey dealer. Can't say much more than that really!

Ian

Apprentice

scam

Quote Originally Posted by manos121 View Post
    hi all..im interested in buying from this store a Tag Heuer , but as i checked they arent authorised Tag Heuer retailer.. any1 know if this is risky doing it? has any1 buyed actualy from them and had or didnt had any problem with his watch? pls try help me a bit cause i wouldnt like to spend a decent amount of money for a replica Tag that some1 sells as authentic
    I have tried to buy a Rolex with them, and after 3 month no Roleix and no down payement refund

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pponchon View Post
    I have tried to buy a Rolex with them, and after 3 month no Roleix and no down payement refund
    How much was the deposit? Any more info?

Journeyman
    Any recent experiencces with these guys?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonG156 View Post
    No direct flights to Turin from Glasgow

Craftsman
    Bump!

Looking to purchase a Calibre De Cartier Diver, and found Orologeria Bodoni on Chrono24. Any recent purchases made from there?

One good guy at a Finnish forum has reported half a dozen good transactions with Bodoni over the last couple of years.

Craftsman
    Bump.... Anyone dealt with these guys recently or a company called "show commerce" I'll be looking for my first Rolex soon... Jumping between an explorer I an explorer II and a blue milgauss

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andybaird22 View Post
    Bump.... Anyone dealt with these guys recently or a company called "show commerce" I'll be looking for my first Rolex soon... Jumping between an explorer I an explorer II and a blue milgauss
    Show Commerce seem a good outfit, but I would still fly over and pick up in person.

Craftsman
    Cheers for the reply aksing. The only issue is I don't think they hold much in their store. I think they source from an AD in Portugal

Journeyman

Bodoni

Did purchase a Blancpain Bathyscaph from them last year. Delivery took substantially longer than indicated on the payment of the advance, without any communication from their part. There is an AD stamp missing in the warranty card -- i did not make much issue from this, if needed, will have to create an AD sticker myself...

Conclusion: they offer better discount then what i am able to negotiate with my local AD but the delivery is not guaranteed to be 100 % perfect in all respects. But definitely, no worries re the watch and its authenticity.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by loup.gris View Post
    Did purchase a Blancpain Bathyscaph from them last year. Delivery took substantially longer than indicated on the payment of the advance, without any communication from their part. There is an AD stamp missing in the warranty card -- i did not make much issue from this, if needed, will have to create an AD sticker myself...

Conclusion: they offer better discount then what i am able to negotiate with my local AD but the delivery is not guaranteed to be 100 % perfect in all respects. But definitely, no worries re the watch and its authenticity.
    In terms of the watches are they provided as a "full set" i.e. tags and outer boxes as well. Would the lack of AD stamp mean that it is not a full set? As you can see im picky!

As an aside I emailed them over a week ago with no response

Quote Originally Posted by andybaird22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aksing View Post
    Show Commerce seem a good outfit, but I would still fly over and pick up in person.
    I've dealt with Ricccardo from Show Commerce a couple of times. One Rolex, one Breitling. Both watches Italian AD supplied, no problems whatsover with them.

Using the SC site, you can pay by credit card for a 2% surcharge ISTR. I used that facility both times, meaning I didn't have to worry about flying over, as, if there had been any issue, I'd have referred the matter to the credit card company to sort out.

Riccardo sent me a Xmas Card email - seems like a nice chap, even if the communications were in somewhat broken English.