closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Good removal company in Kent - and moving advice in general?

Master

Good removal company in Kent - and moving advice in general?

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with any removal companies in Kent? Not used any removal companies before (previous move was done myself as had nothing to move, virtually) and I literally have no idea what I need to do/look for so any general moving advice would be extremely welcome. Thanks guys

My tip: get them to pack for you as well.

I know some people who have packed themselves and it really adds to the stress, particularly if you have kids. Given the costs involved in moving, the extra cost of having the removal company pack for you is well worth it.

I can PM you the details of someone who does house clearances, man and van if you are able to do the packing yourselves. He's helped me out for several moves in Kent.

Grand Master
    Hire a van and do it yerself.

Previously, I had always hired a van and done it myself. One particularly poorly planned move, which needed more trips than I thought, meant I left the entire contents of the shed and the cupboard under the stairs in the old house.

Last house move used Knight's Move in Tunbridge Wells. Best money I have spent - very relaxing move - although they did also leave the contents of one of the lofts.

Used Pickfords for an office move recently - very professional - and no more expensive than the competition.

Paying for the packing service is the best money you will ever spend. You literally have to do virtually nothing - they are fast, efficient and in the last two moves we have done, they didn't break a thing.

Our last move 18months ago required a team of 6-8 guys, three days and three lorry loads of their largest lorry.

I was utterly horrifed and ashamed, and we have been having a continual clearout ever since.
    So clever my foot fell off.

We used removal firms who also did the wrapping and packing for our last two house moves. As others have already said its money well spent. They tun up with all stuff boxes, hanging rails, wrapping etc and each blitz a room. It really was a slick operation and made moving day much less stressful.

Also on both occasions the owners we bought from did their own DIY removal and on both occasions they messed up and overran with their packing. One of them was let down by a mate and his van the night before and had to leave a lot of their stuff behind. Although not legally obliged to we let him return over the next weekend to finish off.

We live in SE Londo and used Pickfords and James Removals if that's any help. Both firms were excellent.

Good luck

Blog Entries
    I think last time we used Bishops Move, and also

The Old House (Removals)

1,2,3 Pelham Yard,
    High Street, Seaford,
    East Sussex, BN25 1PQ.

Tel: 01323 892934
    Fax: 01323 894474
    E-mail: gail.wheeler@edwardbaden.co.uk

both very satisfactory
    Last edited by ingenioren; 23rd March 2013 at 14:19.

If you do it youself, you will have at least twice as many van loads, and it will take three times as long as you estimate.
    We hired a van and when we went to collect it, they had run out so offered a luton van for the same money.
    It saved alot of time.
    Paying a removal company is OK, but think of what you can spend the saved cash on...